805 11 2019-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LarryTru
lvl.3
Flight distance : 458944 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello Is anyone experiency some "bounce" with the aperature control on the right dial?
By that I mean that if I am not careful to return the dial to the center position carefully/slowly (e.g. I let it spring back on its own) then it fails to increment/decrement the aperature value.

From what I can tell, the software needs to have a "deadzone" around the center values on that dial to keep it from accidentally registering small values of the opposite polarity than is desired.
Larry

2019-4-6
Use props
SkyJax Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4127283 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yep. Been through two smart controllers. They both do the exact same thing you described.
2019-4-21
Use props
marktottymy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 91860 ft
United States

I assigned the aperture and EV to the up/down left/right on the joy button....works really well.
2019-4-21
Use props
SkyJax Aerial
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

marktottymy Posted at 4-21 20:49
I assigned the aperture and EV to the up/down left/right on the joy button....works really well.
Are you having the same problem? If you are, speak up to DJI about it.

That’s the only way things get fixed. If we accept these little issues DJI then they will keep overlooking them.

Dont accept compromises or work arounds with these products.
2019-4-22
Use props
DanielVieira
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4633533 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Yes, i can confirm this also happens to me...
2019-4-28
Use props
SkyJax Aerial
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Well, guys, I hate to tell you this, but  this is the email I got from DJI support about this issue:

"Thank you for your response.

I just received an update regarding your concern about the dial on the DJI Smart Controller. Our support team checked the video you sent and tested the RC dial of the Smart Remote on the facility like when you're demonstrating it in the video. They found that it was normal and it is very sensitive to touch.

They advised that please hold the wheel too long when pressing the CW or CCW. You need to press and quickly release it.

Should you have further questions, feel free to contact us.

Thank you for choosing DJI Products. "

So there it is guys. There is no problem with the shutter dial, and it's all because were not using it right.

I mean I dont know how this is possible since the Standard remote doesn't do this.

Not surprising considering DJI treats us like were stupid.

At any rate, I am fed up and done with DJIs lack of support and being treated like a moron.
2019-4-29
Use props
Nigelpugh7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4846939 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

marktottymy Posted at 4-21 20:49
I assigned the aperture and EV to the up/down left/right on the joy button....works really well.

That’s a good idea, we will try that too!
2019-4-29
Use props
Nigelpugh7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4846939 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SkyJax Aerial Posted at 4-21 19:29
Yep. Been through two smart controllers. They both do the exact same thing you described.

Yep we are also on our second smart controller.

The same happens on this one as it did not the first.

We think it’s software related as it actually lags, ie you make two button presses, but it takes seconds for the u it to perform the command,.

Often you think that you have not pressed the button so end up doing it yourself again, which means you sometimes make four movements up or down!
2019-4-29
Use props
SkyJax Aerial
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Well according to DJI, they say that this is normal and just very sensitive so you have to suck it up and deal with it.

They’re not going to fix it.
2019-4-30
Use props
LarryTru
lvl.3
Flight distance : 458944 ft
  • >>>
United States

SkyJax Aerial Posted at 4-30 09:47
Well according to DJI, they say that this is normal and just very sensitive so you have to suck it up and deal with it.

They’re not going to fix it.

that's unfortunate.  It could be easily fixed in software.
2019-5-1
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah that's something interesting to look into?...
2019-5-1
Use props
SkyJax Aerial
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I’m serious guys, you all need to call and request to speak to the service manager Ejay and tell them that this is not normal and you want it fixed. I’m the only one reporting this to DJI support so apparently they don’t see it as an issue. Please help and call to report this to them.

Thanks
2019-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules