Just destroyed my DJI Spark... where do I fix it?
1490 4 2019-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alecv34
lvl.1
Flight distance : 94573 ft
Singapore

Hey guys,

I just bought the DJI Spark fly more combo about a week ago, and thought it was smart to fly it off a balcony with very limited space. The result was it hitting the safety bars and falling around 30 - 40 meters off the side of the building down on to the concrete. The front left arm is completely detached, but the good news is that nothing else is damaged (according to DJI GO 4)

My questions are:
1) How and where do I get this fixed?
2) Has anyone destroyed their spark and fixed it?
3) I know that service centers exist but can they fix products that are not under warranty?
4) If they could fix it, how much would it cost to fix?

If anyone is worried about people under the crash area, there was no one because it was a large gutter meant to carry rain down, so no one was in danger.

A big thank you to whoever responds to my post.
2019-4-6
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

Sorry for your loss.
You should go to DJI Repair Services page and search for your local service center:
https://www.dji.com/mobile/service/repair?site=brandsite&from=mobile_footer
Hope they could help you!
2019-4-7
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The safest place to send it would be a DJI service centre in your area. They do repair drones out of warranty but obviously you will have to pay for the total cost of the repairs even if caused by a manufacturer defect as the warranty to cover this cost has expired. I believe they will assess the extent of the damage and forward a quote to you before carrying out the work. If you decline the quote they will return the drone in the same state of repair as received. If you go ahead they normally just send a refurb in working order as a replacement. If heavily damaged you may be better off just buying another one second hand from somewhere like eBay. As for fixing it yourself... not something I personally would attempt as I'm not qualified but if you are then parts are also sold on eBay.
2019-4-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Alecv34, I am sorry to know that your DJI Spark was damaged. Since this issue is happened. It appears that this issue needs to be diagnosed by our team. I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . We have the professional team who would do their best to find out the reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Please note that the repair fee would depend on the warranty of the product and the outcome of the analysis otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank for your support.
2019-4-7
Use props
gmozo
lvl.4
United States

if i were you, i would find a place or a person that has dji drone experience or request a repair from dji itself.
2019-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules