Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Vlogging with the internal mics.
2876 14 2019-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
David_Harry
Captain
United Kingdom

Hi.

Here's an example of a quick vlog I done earlier today when I went out for a coffee. This is the smallest rig option I have for the Pocket that all fits in one coat pocket. This is a very good test of the internal mics and how they can sound when treated in post. For the audio processing I select one channel, centre it, slightly EQ it so it's not so bright and then limit it so I can increase the loudness and get the audio to peak just under 0db. I also use a foam filter to help reduce slight breezes.

I'll be doing a more detailed video of this process soon and also a 'how to' for a new build that I've done for another nano omni external mic.

Cheers,
Dave.

2019-4-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Dave. Thank you for creating and sharing this sample video on how to vlog on a DJI Osmo Pocket using the internal microphones. You did and amazing work and thank you for your support.
2019-4-7
Use props
BeterBan
Second Officer
Austria

For normal use, internal mics are perfect. If I need excellent STEREO!
sound I use my € 19.90 voice recorder. Overlaying stereo tracks to video
with one mouse click.
2019-4-8
Use props
David_Harry
Captain
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-7 10:04
Hello and good day Dave. Thank you for creating and sharing this sample video on how to vlog on a DJI Osmo Pocket using the internal microphones. You did and amazing work and thank you for your support.

Hi Stephen.

You are very welcome.

I'm just finishing off a full demonstration video using the internal mics, I'll have it on my YouTube channel later and will post it here on the forum as well.

Cheers,
Dave.
2019-4-8
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great info - thanks for sharing.
2019-4-8
Use props
Pics2Flicks
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

Nice work. Thanks for sharing
2019-4-8
Use props
Oh-no
Second Officer
Hong Kong

Dave, nice video :-)

I want to see your smallest rig photo.

And I am now thinking of buying the JOBY - GripTight PRO TelePod, though expensive, but it is quite nice with extra 1/4" female threaded hole, bluetooth remote and GoPro mount accessories ....

2019-4-8
Use props
David_Harry
Captain
United Kingdom

Oh-no Posted at 4-8 11:09
Dave, nice video :-)

I want to see your smallest rig photo.

Hi.

I'll be uploading a video soon that's a more refined version of this video. In it I'll be showing the two smallest setups. The first one is just the Pocket in the rubber case with wrist band, foam filter for microphones and a protector for the camera and gimbal. This is the smallest and fits in my jeans pocket.

The second is basically the same but with a selfie type telescopic grip/stick and the clamp that I use to attach the Pocket.

These setups are both designed to work with using the internal mic and the nano mics that I build and are the smallest and most convenient ways of using the Pocket.

For me personally, I don't use the Pocket with a phone or extra stuff that would bulk it up. My particular use is to use it as small as possible.

Cheers,
Dave.
2019-4-8
Use props
Oh-no
Second Officer
Hong Kong

David_Harry Posted at 4-8 13:25
Hi.

I'll be uploading a video soon that's a more refined version of this video. In it I'll be showing the two smallest setups. The first one is just the Pocket in the rubber case with wrist band, foam filter for microphones and a protector for the camera and gimbal. This is the smallest and fits in my jeans pocket.

Thank You Dave, I will wait for your next video :-)

Me too, I want to keep it minimal, but I still need a selfie stick, the Joby I opt for comes with the GoPro mount which fit this requirement, the phone mount can be detached when not in need, if I want to do something serious, I have put it back and hook up a decent microphone, this is my idea at the moment .... of course still not yet decided, even the Saramonic mic .....
2019-4-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

David_Harry Posted at 4-8 04:57
Hi Stephen.

You are very welcome.

You are very much welcome Dave and thank you for the additional information with regards to the full demonstration video using the internal mics. Thank you for your valued help and support.
2019-4-8
Use props
Oh-no
Second Officer
Hong Kong

I have this clamp, so a selfie stick at the side with GoPro mount is good for my angled nano mic if needed too.
Screenshot 2019-04-09 at 5.45.01 AM.png
2019-4-8
Use props
David_Harry
Captain
United Kingdom

Oh-no Posted at 4-8 13:48
I have this clamp, so a selfie stick at the side with GoPro mount is good for my angled nano mic if needed too.

Hi.

Checkout this video, these are the basic components I use for making up my small setups.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-183134-1-1.html

Cheers,
Dave.
2019-4-8
Use props
David_Harry
Captain
United Kingdom

Oh-no Posted at 4-8 13:48

Hi.

Here's another example of a setup for using an external mic.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-183240-1-1.html

Cheers,
Dave.
2019-4-8
Use props
Oh-no
Second Officer
Hong Kong

Thank you Dave, your DIY simple rig shines !!!

I have to dig into my parts bin again .....  :-)
2019-4-8
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Cool! Thanks for sharing
2019-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules