Help finding owner of a drone
123Next >
16608 98 2019-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
miranda3486
lvl.1

United States

Hello everyone I am looking for help. I live in southeastern mass and while doing yard work i found a phantom in my woods. I tried contact the company but they are closed today. I went through the sd card there is a picture of the person and all the locations are not from around here. Is there a way to find the owner via S/N with the company or do you have to submit the drone with the FAA. Any help with be great. It is a phantom pro i know they are not cheap.
2019-4-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day miranda3486. Welcome to DJI and thank you for reaching out. We very much appreciate your honesty. Kindly provide me the serial number of the drone via PM so that I can contact the owner via email. In addition can I also ask for your personal contact information for me to forward it to the registered owner of the said drone for you to be able to communicate with one another? Thank you.
2019-4-7
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

I wish everyone was like you.  I do admire that!
2019-4-7
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-7 10:53
Hello and good day miranda3486. Welcome to DJI and thank you for reaching out. We very much appreciate your honesty. Kindly provide me the serial number of the drone via PM so that I can contact the owner via email. In addition can I also ask for your personal contact information for me to forward it to the registered owner of the said drone for you to be able to communicate with one another? Thank you.

Awesome!!!
2019-4-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Mark The Droner. Thank you for the reply. We are here to help you always.
2019-4-8
Use props
fans96a5c62e
lvl.1

United States

Hello and good day miranda3486. Welcome to DJI and thank you for reaching out. We very much appreciate your honesty. Kindly provide me the serial number of the drone via PM so that I can contact the owner via email. In addition can I also ask for your personal contact information for me to forward it to the registered owner of the said drone for you to be able to communicate with one another? Thank you.

Any updates if you were able to get an email from them. I sent a pm but never go a reply.
2019-4-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

fans96a5c62e Posted at 4-9 11:39
Any updates if you were able to get an email from them. I sent a pm but never go a reply.

Hello and good day. I have sent you a PM with regards to the serial number that you have sent. Kindly please check. Thank you.
2019-4-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

That’s awesome.

I very much appreciate the thread OP, for this act of kindness..

RedHotPoker

2019-4-9
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Hopefully you found the owner, respect bro! You done a great job
2019-4-12
Use props
Sayhelloforme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

Hello and good day miranda3486. Welcome to DJI and thank you for reaching out. We very much appreciate your honesty. Kindly provide me the serial number of the drone via PM so that I can contact the owner via email. In addition can I also ask for your personal contact information for me to forward it to the registered owner of the said drone for you to be able to communicate with one another? Thank you.

Wow, this is awesome. Thanks Stephen for taking time to do this. If  successful , I’m sure there will be one happy person.
2019-4-12
Use props
Sayhelloforme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

Thank you for your honesty   
2019-4-12
Use props
fans96a5c62e
lvl.1

United States

Dji Stephen I sent you the s/n a couple days ago haven't heard from you.
2019-4-15
Use props
Dreamer1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7801565 ft
United States

My buddy was out metal detecting and found a DJI spark. Memory card has some content on it. no tail number. Can you help with the serial number?
2019-7-14
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

For the OP, it may be a trait of a newbie such as myself but I find that, whilst looking at various settings etc., I tend to switch my drone on and off quite a lot in the house.
Each switch on creates a record ( a .DAT file) in the drone's 'flight recorder'. These records remain on the drone, though they may be over written if the memory is near full but DJI or someone who knows would have to confirm or refute that.
The relevance of this is, that if you look at the 'flight maps' that can be generated from these files, such behaviour shows up as a large number of extremely localised 'flights' in one location. They are, in mycase, centred in or around my house.
The problem with this approach is that it seems you need a controller and viewing device (tablet/phone etc. ) to 'grant access' to these DAT files so that they may be downloaded, via USB cable, to a computer for examination. If there is a club near you perhaps someone there would be as kind as you and let you use a controller etc. to grant that access. Once the access has been granted the controller is no longer needed but the permission lasts only whilst the drone is switched on.
The download takes a comparatively long time (50+ minutes for the last lot I down loaded) so the battery charge might be a problem and you also need to run the .DAT files through software such as DatCon to produce usable results.
2019-7-15
Use props
prbrown
lvl.1

United States

Hi Stephen, sorry to bother you but I too have a lost drone.  Are you still available to provide locator service?
I think it would be great if there was a way to tell the drone to go home after a charge.
A great addition to the website would be a method for people to enter the found drones sn with finders contact info and automate the sending of the notice to the owner.
Please let me know if you would like me to PM the SN and my contact info.
Thanks
2019-7-15
Use props
embayweather
lvl.4
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

Hats off to you Miranda, you prove that there are good people in this world. Thank you.
2019-7-16
Use props
F.KOK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18954370 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

Hello miranda3486, may God bless you.  
2019-7-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

prbrown Posted at 7-15 17:57
Hi Stephen, sorry to bother you but I too have a lost drone.  Are you still available to provide locator service?
I think it would be great if there was a way to tell the drone to go home after a charge.
A great addition to the website would be a method for people to enter the found drones sn with finders contact info and automate the sending of the notice to the owner.

Hello and good day prbrown. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared with us. I will forward this information to the designated DJI department for further development. In addition since this incident happened to your DJI drone I would recommend you contact our DJI support team to start up a ticket for the said drone. We have the professional team who would do their best to find out the reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Again I am sorry to know what happened to your DJI Drone and thank for your support.
https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav
2019-7-16
Use props
DronePilotLiam
lvl.2
Flight distance : 43501 ft
United States

Thanks for doing the right thing!
2019-7-16
Use props
prbrown
lvl.1

United States

Hi Stephen, I mean that I found a drone and would like to get it returned to the owner, not that I lost the drone.  Since you previously had offered to contact the owner with Miranda3486's contact information I was asking if you would do the same for me, or if there is another channel to initiate this contact and get the lost drone home.
Thank you
2019-7-16
Use props
prbrown
lvl.1

United States

Found the drones home.  Just had to download and install DJI Assistant 2, DatCon and CsvView, then follow the post made by Sparkz71 on the post https://forum.dji.com/thread-139728-1-1.html.
review earliest log and there it was.
2019-7-17
Use props
djiuser_GtV9OPTQzThf
lvl.1

Hi Stephen,

I also found a drone (at the bottom of a river). Although I’m sure the drone is busted, the SD card does work and I would like to return the drone and the card to it’s owner. I have the SN but not sure how to send a DM through here. Could you DM me and I will reply to you with the SN. Thanks!
2019-9-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_GtV9OPTQzThf Posted at 9-9 15:47
Hi Stephen,

I also found a drone (at the bottom of a river). Although I’m sure the drone is busted, the SD card does work and I would like to return the drone and the card to it’s owner. I have the SN but not sure how to send a DM through here. Could you DM me and I will reply to you with the SN. Thanks!

Hello and good day. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this information with us. I have sent you a DM. Please try to reply on it if you have time. Thank you.
2019-9-10
Use props
djiuser_w6HYBkMLJrju
lvl.1

DJI Stephen, can you also help me with the same issue of a found drone?  No registration.
2019-9-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_w6HYBkMLJrju Posted at 9-14 17:37
DJI Stephen, can you also help me with the same issue of a found drone?  No registration.

Hello and good day. Thank you for reaching out. I am glad to help you with regards to this matter. Kindly provide me the serial number of the drone via PM so that we can contact the owner. In addition can I also ask for your personal contact information for me to forward it to the registered owner of the said drone for you to be able to communicate with one another? Thank you.
2019-9-15
Use props
fans1166cdf1
New

Canada

Hi, I found a Mavic pro 2 drone and im wondering how to find the owner to return it?
2019-11-2
Use props
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>
United States

OK, so, this thread gives me hope for humanity.

Just sayin’

Jeff
2019-11-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

fans1166cdf1 Posted at 11-2 07:54
Hi, I found a Mavic pro 2 drone and im wondering how to find the owner to return it?

Hello and good day. Thank you for reaching out and for your kindness. Are you able to send me the serial number of the said drone via PM for me to be able to assist you further. Thank you.
2019-11-5
Use props
Mumtoz Shermatiy
New

Uzbekistan

Hello, Stephan. We need to find the owner also by serial number. How to send pm u. I m new here.
2019-11-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Mumtoz Shermatiy Posted at 11-9 07:49
Hello, Stephan. We need to find the owner also by serial number. How to send pm u. I m new here.

Hello and good day Mumtoz Shermatiy. Thank you for reaching out. I will be sending you a PM. Please try to reply to it and please include the serial number of the said drone. Thank you.
2019-11-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Mumtoz Shermatiy Posted at 11-9 07:49

Just tap Personal Message tab below a members name.

Type your comment into the box and then hit send

RedHotPoker

2019-11-10
Use props
fans757e762b
lvl.2

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-10 13:43
Hello and good day Mumtoz Shermatiy. Thank you for reaching out. I will be sending you a PM. Please try to reply to it and please include the serial number of the said drone. Thank you.

I found a drone.  I sent you an email with SS#.   Any info on owner?
2019-11-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

fans757e762b Posted at 11-18 06:29
I found a drone.  I sent you an email with SS#.   Any info on owner?

Hello and good day. Thank you for reaching out and for the information you have shared with us. I have sent you a PM with regards to this matter. Kindly please check your PM if you have time. Thank you.
2019-11-19
Use props
fans757e762b
lvl.2

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-19 09:11
Hello and good day. Thank you for reaching out and for the information you have shared with us. I have sent you a PM with regards to this matter. Kindly please check your PM if you have time. Thank you.

PM was sent a few days ago.
2019-11-24
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Peops.........If you find a newer DJI drone......if there are images recorded,  then the initial image and other images will have GPS Lat/Long.

It's a place to start......

Randy
2019-11-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

fans757e762b Posted at 11-24 16:14
PM was sent a few days ago.

Hello and good day. Thank you for the given update. I have sent you a PM with regards to this matter. Kindly please check your PM if you have time. Thank you.
2019-11-25
Use props
fans757e762b
lvl.2

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-25 11:04
Hello and good day. Thank you for the given update. I have sent you a PM with regards to this matter. Kindly please check your PM if you have time. Thank you.

Hi and thanks for your assistance.  I PM'd my email to you about a week ago.  Have not heard anything back.  Were you able to track the serial number to an owner?

Thanks.
2019-12-1
Use props
ReVolution
New

Germany

Hello, I would like to ask you about help. Some time ago, during the walking in the woods near Wahnbachtalsperre (Germany)
I found one dron (model DJI Mavic Pro Platinum)
I need to find the owner of this device. I would like a response on this matter. Maybe someone could help?

Thank you
Best Regards
2020-1-9
Use props
djiuser_glu3HjyZcXlR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103215 ft
United States

Hello Stephen,  Yes,  I have another drone that needs to find its way back to it's owner.  

I actually found it on top of a garbage can in a park and it was obviously crashed (HARD)  The gimbal is completely destroyed and only the wires are keeping the camera attached.  The battery was also gone.   I figured that somebody crashed it and was so discouraged, they just stripped the battery and tossed the rest of it. So, I picked it up figuring on checking the S/N and see if the owner did indeed want to throw it away.  

But then I noticed the SD card was still there and upon inspection, found a LOT of pictures and footage both from the drone and a different device.  I am pretty sure the owner will want at least the SD card.

I will PM you the S/N as that seems to be the SOP.  I hope we can find the owner soon.
2020-1-9
Use props
djiuser_icp6gLazQRpz
New

United States

Hello I found a drone and wanted to contact the owner
2020-3-29
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules