Map Loading
1748 5 2019-4-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yraegel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1411811 ft
United States

There are some older threads out there about flight records that have "Map Loading" under the date. My Smart Controller has this problem. All of the flight records from flights done with the Smart Controller show Map Loading.

I synchronized my records to my iPhone and iPad and they do not exhibit this problem. They show the name of the city where the flight was done. I can see the map itself with the flight path and icons where photos were taken. All flight details are present.
On the Smart Controller, I see a world map and I can zoom to the location of the flight and see photo icons but there is no flight path. In the top left corner, Map Loading keeps scrolling. All data is zero except Travel Distance and Time. I have downloaded offline maps to the controller.

DJI Go 4 V 4.3.14 on Smart Controller/Android

DJI Go 4 V 4.3.12 on iPhone-iPad/iOS

2019-4-7
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

I believe it's a bug, I also have it.... Someone from DJI will soon say here that they will forward this issue to the geniuses and this will be solved in the next firmware update..... wanna bet?
2019-4-7
Use props
Thellamie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 201854 ft
United States

So many bugs. It could be an incredible product but lots of little things holding it back.
2019-6-8
Use props
Yraegel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1411811 ft
United States

Thellamie Posted at 6-8 07:46
So many bugs. It could be an incredible product but lots of little things holding it back.

Now that DJI confirmed I have to calibrate the compass every day, I am beyond disappointed. I had a lot of respect for this company up until now.
2019-6-8
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Only had the Smart Controller for a month and a half and have only used it with the current firmware since day one. Having this very same problem but honestly doesn't bother me too much. I'm having a different problem with flight record syncing on IOS too. The good thing is after 50 flights I haven't seen any real problem while using it.
2019-6-8
Use props
Trampintransit
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256385 ft
United Kingdom

Firmware dissapointment is never far away with a DJI product...I thought I'd convinced myself to NEVER go DJI again..but hey..I fell for it again didn't I....new Mavic Pro2 .. had it a month or two and there it is....an update followed by 'maps loading' ...One day I shall simply put all my DJI gear into a big steel bucket and burn it. I've had a P4, two P4A's and now a Mavic Pro2 and frankly ...they've all been rubbish for one reason or another. The code writing is appalling....you really should be ashamed of yourself. I paid good money for this junk,,,the Smart controller is meant to be a premium product ( although I shouldn't be surprised, the smart controller for the P4A failed too ) .. The stress of switching this half baked toy on isn't worth it...one never knows what fresh hell awaits.

Other folk are asking the same question all over the web and nobody seems to have an answer....I think I may just make a warranty claim and see if I can get my money back...I give up.
2021-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules