Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dronie1965
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Germany

hello ,

can you copy files from the micro sd Card in the smartcontroller to an extern mobile usb drive?

or from the drone (micro sd Card in the drone) directly to a micro sd Card in the Controller.

like with the Crystal sky , there are 2 micro sd Slots , i always put the micro sd Card of the drone into one Slot and a bigger micro sd Card in the other and copied the files

i like to backup the footage from the drone to an  micro sd Card or external mobile drive (last one connected with usb to smartcontroller)

i know you can copy from internal storage of Controller to micro sd Card.

hope Hearing from someone as i am thinking of gettting the smartcontroller

dronie

2019-4-8
Use props
manfredo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1891142 ft
  • >>>
United States

I do know someone that been to successfully do the sbut for some reason, I cannot get it to recognize my external HDD. I'm unsure if there's specific models it works with or not. Interested din this question though
2019-4-8
Use props
dronie1965
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

To recognize , i guess you have to format the drive to exfat or fat32 . I wonder if you turn on the drone if you can download the footage on the sd card of the drone , directly to the sd card in the smartcontroller. Or first download it to internal storage and then to the external storage via this file manager. Someone?
2019-4-8
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Well, I just plugged a thumb drive into the usb port on the top of the SC.  The drive shows up in the File Manager and I was able to copy a file from the SC to the thumb drive.  So I guess it is possible.  Now I did not try a bunch of actions but that initial test worked.  
2019-4-8
Use props
manfredo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1891142 ft
  • >>>
United States

Circling back to this. I just tested this with another external drive that it newer and it worked. Not sure what the difference is but I suspect the non-working drive is not USB 3.0..I can confirm this does work
2019-4-8
Use props
dronie1965
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

manfredo Posted at 4-8 09:24
Circling back to this. I just tested this with another external drive that it newer and it worked. Not sure what the difference is but I suspect the non-working drive is not USB 3.0..I can confirm this does work
I got the smartcontroller today and did some testing regarding copying . put a micro sd card and also connected external drive.   the format of the external drive should be exfat then It can be read.
copien is slow compared to crystal sky.
i have now another problem , it is not saving my flight records, but will make another post for this
2019-4-8
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

dronie1965 Posted at 4-8 10:51
I got the smartcontroller today and did some test regarding copying . put a micro sd card and also connected external drive.   the format of the external drive should be exfat then It can be read.
i have now another problem , it is not saving my flight records, but will make another post for this

Check to make sure that the flight records are not stored and sorted in date order where the Date Bug might result in your record having a YEAR of 2013 and therefore not show up NEW/current as expected.
2019-4-8
Use props
dronie1965
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

ff22 Posted at 4-8 13:03
Check to make sure that the flight records are not stored and sorted in date order where the Date Bug might result in your record having a YEAR of 2013 and therefore not show up NEW/current as expected.

Yep i noticed this now, one flight was not recorded and 3 of them had the year 2013. Then i was suprised to see so many people on the sc forum having this bug . Hope dji comes with an update very fast
2019-4-8
Use props
RayO 37745
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27024 ft
United States

dronie1965 Posted at 4-8 10:51
I got the smartcontroller today and did some testing regarding copying . put a micro sd card and also connected external drive.   the format of the external drive should be exfat then It can be read.

I’d like to know how to pick which format to use when formatting SD in the SC, PLEASE!
2019-4-8
Use props
dronie1965
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

I format to exfat via macbook. I think when formating via sc or drone it will be fat32.
Mobile drive fat32 has difficulties to be read when plugging in the sc, which infind strange because sd cards can be read as fat32. Maybe someone can explain this better?
2019-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules