Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
basics
542 11 2019-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
larryps
lvl.1
Flight distance : 276 ft
United States

Does having a visual target assist the spark in return to home ?
2019-4-8
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No - it uses GPS to RTH. The newer/higher end drones uses what DJI calls 'Flight autonomy 2.0' whereby the drone initially retraces it's flight route using objects that it captured in 3d mapping before taking a straight line RTH. This tech is typically found on the Mavic 2 series, Phantom 4 Advanced and Pro models and Inspire 2.  
2019-4-8
Use props
Lysak2003
Captain
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

A J Posted at 4-8 04:02
No - it uses GPS to RTH. The newer/higher end drones uses what DJI calls 'Flight autonomy 2.0' whereby the drone initially retraces it's flight route using objects that it captured in 3d mapping before taking a straight line RTH. This tech is typically found on the Mavic 2 series, Phantom 4 Advanced and Pro models and Inspire 2.

Really interesting. Didn't know that feature.
2019-4-8
Use props
ArnoSpark
First Officer
Kenya

A J Posted at 4-8 04:02
No - it uses GPS to RTH. The newer/higher end drones uses what DJI calls 'Flight autonomy 2.0' whereby the drone initially retraces it's flight route using objects that it captured in 3d mapping before taking a straight line RTH. This tech is typically found on the Mavic 2 series, Phantom 4 Advanced and Pro models and Inspire 2.

Same here never heard of that before but sounds more accurate  and much safer than just using the GPS
2019-4-8
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lysak2003 Posted at 4-8 04:19
Really interesting. Didn't know that feature.

Works really well too - I believe it is also on the Mavic Air as I recall.
2019-4-8
Use props
Lysak2003
Captain
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

A J Posted at 4-8 04:42
Works really well too - I believe it is also on the Mavic Air as I recall.
[view_image]

I am asking my friend with MA.
2019-4-8
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lysak2003 Posted at 4-8 05:15
I am asking my friend with MA.

It is definitely on the MA too. I remember losing signal once and the drone flew back on itself for a minute before the signal regained. I cancelled RTH and manually changed direction. It's a great feature as you don't lose the shoot.
2019-4-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Having a visual target is not necessary on the Spark's RTH function. Kindly ensure that the GPS of your signal is strong enough and the compass of your aircraft is working to ensure that the location from where it would take off be recognized once the RTH function is enabled. Hope that this information would help you out in regards to your query. Thank you for continued support.  
2019-4-8
Use props
LouisP
Captain
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

It doesn't use visual assist to actually return to home.. but it does use it to try to make a precision landing.   WHen I tried RTH from a grass field.. it would come pretty close and land within a few feet of the takeoff.  BUt when I tried on a patterned brick area.. it landed in almost the exact same spot from where it took off.   So it does use the downward camera to try to land.
2019-4-8
Use props
sparkdrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9593 ft
United States

No visual targets do not make a difference for the spark but like A J said it uses only GPS only other drones that are more advanced use visual targeting.
2019-4-8
Use props
nilanjan118
First Officer
Flight distance : 636663 ft
Japan

A visual target is not necessary but the Spark does have a Precision Landing feature where the AC automatically scans and attempts to match the terrain features underneath during landing after RTH. For this feature to work, the AC must take off vertically straight to a height of minimum 7 meters, whereby the AC maps the terrain underneath with the help of the bottom camera. Needless to say, good lighting conditions and distinct terrain features are essential for this feature to work efficiently. It is not as advanced as the 3D mapping technology available in the Mavics but works pretty well when you are using a landing pad and wish the AC to land autonomously on it.
2019-4-8
Use props
larryps
lvl.1
Flight distance : 276 ft
United States

Thanx a lot folks, :-)
2019-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules