2260 31 2019-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LeChuck71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68786 ft
Germany

Hi guys,

I have some troubles deciding on what to do.
Here are the facts:
I could swap my Spark (2 Batteries, Fly more Combo, Case) with a friend and his Mavic Pro (3 Batteries, Case) + he wants an additonal fee of probably 230US$

Question is, is it still worth it - or should I get the Mavic 2 Zoom instead?

Please help me decide

Thanks for any help - if you have suggestions why I should do a specific optin please let me hear your thoughts.

Single SelectVote, Total 13 people participate in voting View Poll participants

Voting has ended

30.77% (4)
38.46% (5)
30.77% (4)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2019-4-8
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you can afford it go with #2
2019-4-8
Use props
Paul_IA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

There are still some "issues" with the MP2 (i.e. falling out of the sky for no reason) that has prevented me from upgrading. I have a trusty MP that I've flown for over 400 miles without any significant issues. Just my 2 cents though.
2019-4-8
Use props
LeChuck71
lvl.4
Germany

Paul_IA Posted at 4-8 06:13
There are still some "issues" with the MP2 (i.e. falling out of the sky for no reason) that has prevented me from upgrading. I have a trusty MP that I've flown for over 400 miles without any significant issues. Just my 2 cents though.

Good to know
2019-4-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day LeChuck71. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. Both the DJI Mavic Pro and the DJI Mavic 2 Zoom are great consumer drones. I will be posting a link where in you can compare both the overviews and specifications of these drones and other DJI consumer drones as well. I hope this can help you. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/products/com ... ndsite&from=nav

2019-4-8
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 165928 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mavic Pro is obsolete. Dji wont release any new updates for it.
On the other hand mavic zoom with extra accessories will be over $1k. Look into your wallet. Your answer is there.

Personally
If money not an issue get a zoom. If money is an issue stay with spark
2019-4-8
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

Spark is a toy beginner drone, deff upgrade to either the Mavic pro or the Mavic 2 Zoom.  but keep in mind the Zoom as $1,200 then youd need more batteries and accesories so youd be pushing $1,600ish
2019-4-8
Use props
LeChuck71
lvl.4
Germany

That's my case I could get the Mavic Pro for 200 Euro. So I guess that's the best option instead spending 1300 for the Zoom.

2019-4-8
Use props
Pavich
lvl.1
Netherlands

I bought the Mavic Pro Fly More Combo for only € 800 at Cafago. It is my first real drone, after testing with a toy drone... If you like droning with your Spark, I really advise you to change it for the Mavic Pro with the 3 batteries. Super fun, GREAT distance, really good video and photo! I fly mine with a Samsung Note 8 now (before iPhone5s) and flying the drone is getting more and more fun every time I fly it as I dare to go further and I make better pictures. When you (or when I...) have more money, still like to fly a lot and make beautifull videos and photos probably buying the Mavic Pro 3 (!) is an option!!!

Success with your decision!
2019-4-8
Use props
LeChuck71
lvl.4
Germany

Pavich Posted at 4-8 10:36
I bought the Mavic Pro Fly More Combo for only € 800 at Cafago. It is my first real drone, after testing with a toy drone... If you like droning with your Spark, I really advise you to change it for the Mavic Pro with the 3 batteries. Super fun, GREAT distance, really good video and photo! I fly mine with a Samsung Note 8 now (before iPhone5s) and flying the drone is getting more and more fun every time I fly it as I dare to go further and I make better pictures. When you (or when I...) have more money, still like to fly a lot and make beautifull videos and photos probably buying the Mavic Pro 3 (!) is an option!!!

Success with your decision!

Yep, I guess that's the way to go.
Like the "3" ;)
2019-4-8
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I would advise to go that route if Mavic Pro and batts were new. But you are getting it used and probably abused.
Ever asked this guy why he wants to trade?
Do your homework. So you don’t be here complaining why your used Mavic Pro fell from the sky only to find out battery was bad.
2019-4-8
Use props
Pavich
lvl.1
Netherlands

3BEPb Posted at 4-8 11:01
I would advise to go that route if Mavic Pro and batts were new. But you are getting it used and probably abused.
Ever asked this guy why he wants to trade?
Do your homework. So you don’t be here complaining why your used Mavic Pro fell from the sky only to find out battery was bad.

Yep, off course, totally true.
Why does he want to trade, how much has the Mavic been used and how has your friend cared for the batteries?
New batteries are not cheap...

You should check the status of the batteries in the App and also have a good look at the flight logs.

As you say this is your friend it probably won't be a problem to test the MP with full batteries; how long can you fly with each full battery?

@3BEPb : How else could you do the homework before buying a used DJI drone?
2019-4-8
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Pavich Posted at 4-8 13:12
Why does he want to trade, how much has the Mavic been used and how has your friend cared for the batteries?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/blog.dronetrader.com/buying-a-used-drone-things-to-check-before-you-do/amp/
2019-4-8
Use props
LeChuck71
lvl.4
Germany

3BEPb Posted at 4-8 18:00
https://www.google.com/amp/s/blog.dronetrader.com/buying-a-used-drone-things-to-check-before-you-do/amp/

Thanks for the link ;)
The guy is good friend of mine who crashd the Mavic once and broke his gimbal - device was replaced by DJI so the unit is as new with just 10 flights in his garden. He wants the Spark cause he likes the form factor moe than his Mavic.

Just got it for my Spark and 175,- so I guess thats a good deal.
If I do more flying I bet with the Mavic Pro I can wait for Version 3

Thanks for all you help and suggestions
2019-4-8
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Spark and Zoom are very different drones so if your budget can accommodate it I'd keep the Spark and buy the Zoom and enjoy the features each provide. If selling the Spark enables you to buy the Zoom then I would do that.
2019-4-9
Use props
*DM*
lvl.4
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

Paul_IA Posted at 4-8 06:13
M2's do not 'fall out of the sky' in numbers for no reason.

If they do its likely pilot error.
2019-4-9
Use props
MavSpa_user
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

You have to keep in mind that new regolations are coming, and due to the weight the MP2 Zoom/Pro(903 gr) is a little bit to heavy, see picture .
I have both and they performed well, but Spark has his compass/yaw failures and The MP has vignetting.
2019-4-9
Use props
Paul_IA
lvl.4
United States

*DM* Posted at 4-9 02:17

If you take some time to search for this topic you'll see that there are several reports of MP2's dropping out of the sky with no pilot error involved. Here's some of the reports to enlighten you:

here
here
Here

If you have conflicting proof that all of these drones are falling out of the sky due to pilot error, please enlighten us all by posting your evidence here.

FYIW, if you Google a bit, you'll see that DJI is having the same problem with the Matrice 200 drones as well. Several police units that use them have grounded them until DJI fixes the issue.
2019-4-9
Use props
Paul_IA
lvl.4
United States

*DM* Posted at 4-9 02:17

And here is yet another report of an MP2 falling out of the sky that happened just 3 days ago.
2019-4-9
Use props
Brian Sigler
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1762510 ft
United States

I started with the spark and added a Mavic Pro to my fleet, and I really haven’t flown my spark since. I say get the MP1 and wait for the bugs to get out of the Pro 2.
2019-4-11
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Paul_IA Posted at 4-9 06:15
If you take some time to search for this topic you'll see that there are several reports of MP2's dropping out of the sky with no pilot error involved. Here's some of the reports to enlighten you:

here

"FYIW, if you Google a bit, you'll see that DJI is having the same problem with the Matrice 200 drones as well. Several police units that use them have grounded them until DJI fixes the issue. "

I followed your advice and Googled.

I can see they had (not having) a problem with the Matrice 200 series five months ago, and promptly fixed with a firmware update.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-172457-1-1.html
2019-4-11
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If it's in good order then the Mavic Pro is a good performer with an outstanding specification.
2019-4-11
Use props
*DM*
lvl.4
United Kingdom

LeChuck71 Posted at 4-8 09:26
That's my case I could get the Mavic Pro for 200 Euro. So I guess that's the best option instead spending 1300 for the Zoom.

Certainly for that price.
2019-4-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Pavich Posted at 4-8 13:12

I’d skip Mavic 2Z , the best thing about was supposedly the zoom, but in any videos I’ve watched I see no improvement to videos, it’s gimmicky and it’s expensive for that.
Mavic Pro is a great upgrade from spark, with basically the same camera but for a lot less money .
2019-4-11
Use props
Z-Zoom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27438 ft
  • >>>
United States

You only live once, keep what you have and buy the ZOOM
2019-4-11
Use props
zhang007
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7470446 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Upgrade to MP 1 as many issue in M2.
2019-4-11
Use props
Paul_IA
lvl.4
United States

Aardvark Posted at 4-11 09:45
"FYIW, if you Google a bit, you'll see that DJI is having the same problem with the Matrice 200 drones as well. Several police units that use them have grounded them until DJI fixes the issue. "

Nonetheless, my main point still stands with the MP2. They have been and still are dropping out of the sky and have been since DJI released them. Yes, I'm sure they will eventually figure it out. But as for now, it's still a problem.
2019-4-11
Use props
Pavich
lvl.1
Netherlands

3BEPb Posted at 4-8 18:00

Yep, thanks @3BEPb.

Good link.
That is what I was talking about.
2019-4-12
Use props
Pavich
lvl.1
Netherlands

LeChuck71 Posted at 4-8 22:15
Thanks for the link ;)
The guy is good friend of mine who crashd the Mavic once and broke his gimbal - device was replaced by DJI so the unit is as new with just 10 flights in his garden. He wants the Spark cause he likes the form factor moe than his Mavic.

Hi LeChuck71,

I really think you made a good deal!!

Yust want to say I'm still enjoying my Mavic Pro more and more everyday...

Have fun flying the Mavic and when you're really really really liking it:
the Mavic Pro 3 will be a good investment ;-) !!

Looking forward to hear form you, enjoying your Mavic Pro!
2019-4-12
Use props
*DM*
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Paul_IA Posted at 4-9 06:27
And here is yet another report of an MP2 falling out of the sky that happened just 3 days ago.
Forum posts are proof?

Folks go on forums with problems, thats the nature of it! Many 'malfunctions' are subsequently explained by user error or environmental factors, both on occasions.

So you found a handful of alleged malfunctions, big deal. How many thousands, ten thousands of M2's are out there flying without problems.

Whilst the odd drone malfunctioning is not out of norm and entirely possible saying M2's are falling out of the sky is just stupid.
2019-4-12
Use props
Paul_IA
lvl.4
United States

*DM* Posted at 4-12 23:49
Forum posts are proof?

Folks go on forums with problems, thats the nature of it! Many 'malfunctions' are subsequently explained by user error or environmental factors, both on occasions.

"There are none so blind as those who cannot see".

You're obviously just a troll and I'm not in the habit of feeding your kind. If you can't do your own research and see that there's a problem with the MP2 line (akin to the problem with the Matrice 200 that took DJI over a year to admit/fix), then there's nothing I'm going to say that is going to educate you.

I'm done with you...
2019-4-13
Use props
*DM*
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Paul_IA Posted at 4-13 06:59
"There are none so blind as those who cannot see".

You're obviously just a troll and I'm not in the habit of feeding your kind. If you can't do your own research and see that there's a problem with the MP2 line (akin to the problem with the Matrice 200 that took DJI over a year to admit/fix), then there's nothing I'm going to say that is going to educate you.
Why dont you buy an M2 and make your own mind up, join the many many (otherwise known as vast majority ... I've done that to help you ... ) that have zilch issues rather than quoting a few forum posts?

As to trolling ...

Anyway, wishing you a great, peaceful Sunday and hopefully, uneventful flying with your malfunction free Mavic Pro.

2019-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules