Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Advantages of the Smart Controller
7057 6 2019-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyingV
lvl.1
United States

Besides the higher brightness and gaining may be a minute to set up over using a phone or tablet. What are the advantages of the Smart Controller? What does it do that the standard controller does not do?
2019-4-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day FlyingV. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. The DJI Smart Controller benefits from OcuSync 2.0 Full-HD video-transmission technology. This means that the device automatically switches between 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz. This helps to reduce the influence of environmental interference on drone operation and image quality.In addition The DJI Smart Controller is designed to maximize your outdoor flying experience with the DJI Mavic 2.  A 5.5-inch built-in screen displays clear, bright images, even under challenging conditions. Intuitive controls and pre-installed features like  the DJI GO 4 app get you up in the air quicker, clearer, and more conveniently than ever before. Thank you.
2019-4-8
Use props
FlyingV
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-8 08:47
The DJI Smart Controller benefits from OcuSync 2.0 Full-HD video-transmission technology. This means that the device automatically switches between 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz.

Does this mean that the regular controller does not support these two features?
2019-4-8
Use props
ff22
Captain
United States

In general it is less fiddly.  No wires to connect (not only a time saver but just simpler).  I had forgot to connect the cable even though it was plugged into one or the other device.  It has its own sd-card slot.  It has hdmi out.  

While it is one device rather than two, I expect most still carry their phones.  But apps running on the phone does overload ram on the SC.  Also, the phone ringing/messaging does not interfere with the SC.

Now it does not have the second screen with other useful info that the regular controller provides but if the DJI go app crashes, the controller can still fly the drone.  
2019-4-8
Use props
FlyingV
lvl.1
United States

ff22 Posted at 4-8 09:22
In general it is less fiddly.  No wires to connect (not only a time saver but just simpler).  I had forgot to connect the cable even though it was plugged into one or the other device.  It has its own sd-card slot.  It has hdmi out.  

While it is one device rather than two, I expect most still carry their phones.  But apps running on the phone does overload ram on the SC.  Also, the phone ringing/messaging does not interfere with the SC.

Thanks for your input. Here is a table in progress.

Feature

Regular   Controller
Smart   Controller
OcuSync 2.0 Full-HD   video-transmission technology. This means that the device automatically   switches between 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz.
?
Yes
All-In-One
No

Yes.

No   wires to connect (not only a time saver but just simpler).
sd-card   slot.  
No
Yes
hdmi   out.  
No
Yes
phone   ringing/messaging does not interfere flying
No
Yes
second   screen with other useful info that the regular controller provides.

Yes
No
If   the DJI go app crashes, the controller can still fly the drone.  

Yes
No

2019-4-8
Use props
wreyniers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1501355 ft
United States

FlyingV Posted at 4-8 10:20
Thanks for your input. Here is a table in progress.

Re: If  the DJI go app crashes, the controller can still fly the drone.  
You say that the SmartController doesn't allow for controlling the drone while the app is shut down or crashed.  This is incorrect. I have force closed the app and am still able to control the drone.
2019-4-8
Use props
ff22
Captain
United States

wreyniers Posted at 4-8 11:16
Re: If  the DJI go app crashes, the controller can still fly the drone.  
You say that the SmartController doesn't allow for controlling the drone while the app is shut down or crashed.  This is incorrect. I have force closed the app and am still able to control the drone.

I believe that's what the last line of my comments said but maybe not as clearly.  
2019-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules