Pano mode on my P4P v2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JeffreyS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 71936 ft
United States

I'm asking here since I see no info about the pano mode in the user manual.  I used the Pano mode recently, and saw the camera make multiple exposures at different angles, and then say it was stitching.  However, there was no such file on my SD card.  Where does it store the finished pano image?
2019-4-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Good day JeffreyS! I do apologize for the issue that you are having right now. In regards to this, the panorama pictures are saved in a  JPEG format and it will store on the SD card. In addition, Many shots are taken and stitched into a panorama. When capturing pano photos, toggling the right dial on the remote controller can change the parameters of one shot, and ISO, shutter time and exposure value, etc. will be affected, which may interrupt the pano shooting, or the panorama's quality is low. It is recommended that during panoramic photo taking, you need to adjust the camera's parameters or move the aircraft. If you have any more concern please feel free to post here in the forum and we are happy to assist you.
2019-4-8
Use props
JeffreyS
lvl.3
United States

Thank you Gamora.  There were no jpg's on my card.  I shoot everything else in RAW.  Is there a tutorial that describes the different types of panos available and some technique? It is not in the manual.
2019-4-8
Use props
JeffreyS
lvl.3
United States

I found that the drone created a new folder on the card called PANOS.  In it were both jpegs and DNG's of the images captured.  No stitching was performed at all.  I suppose I need to do that myself.
2019-4-18
Use props
KEJ
lvl.4
United Kingdom

JeffreyS Posted at 4-18 10:05
I found that the drone created a new folder on the card called PANOS.  In it were both jpegs and DNG's of the images captured.  No stitching was performed at all.  I suppose I need to do that myself.

Yes, thats correct.

On the Plus you can download/copy those over to your remote to view the finished product(little planet).

However, I just copy those folders/pics over to my PC/Mac and use software(albeit photoshop or  autopano) to make my final pictures.

You have full control then.

2019-4-24
Use props
KEJ
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Example Pano, low quality for upload to this website
2019-4-24
Use props
JeffreyS
lvl.3
United States

KEJ Posted at 4-24 08:42
[view_image]

Example Pano, low quality for upload to this website

Nice imaging, KEJ.  Thanks for your replies.
2019-4-25
Use props
KEJ
lvl.4
United Kingdom

JeffreyS Posted at 4-25 12:36
Nice imaging, KEJ.  Thanks for your replies.

Thanks.

The thing I like about the pictures is the detail, this is not one of the better ones.

Just pays to have a good look around on Youtube as well, lots of great info as you are probably no doubt aware.

And the trick thats definitely helps is the light at Sun up or Sun set for the warmer richer colours.
2019-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules