my 4th flyaway...software bug? hardware bug? what!? VIDEO INSIDE
1503 6 2015-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 186549 ft
Italy

today i experienced my 4th flyaway. Always the same history the phantom moves crazy like is going to crash then start to fly away in one direction very fast
flying oblique... then i switched off remote and it start to return home... this has no sense if there was some hardware failure whi then it shoud return home
when turning off remote?? Is absolutely something  software or maybe hardware/software...

I can't belive this is the 4th time in total fly... first time happened it crashed into a wall destroying gimbal and camera...

phantom is not stable i readed many stories like that...whi dji doesnt fix tath analizing thease cases???

anyway when i got first flyaway i changed the compass (to be sure) but problem is still there...

the issue happened always in the first 2/3 minutes of flight

i hope in a fix from dji

2015-6-6
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

Is it possible there is something in your flying area that is interfering with your transmitter or receiver signals?
2015-6-6
Use props
tom
lvl.2
Italy

it flyes oblique in a strange position...
2015-6-6
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

I have two Phantoms and neither demonstrate any behavior like yours. And the odds of having four fly a ways is astronomical. You have to have a bad Naza or some real heavy interference. When the fly a occur have you noted any simular situations with all four?  If I was you I would do more digging into cause before I lost the whole thing. 4 is just not a freak problem.Did you notice on screen any problems like loss of satellites or GPS. The video definitely show a disconnect of something with the abrupt change in direction. I doubt if it was software. More like a hardware failure or sensor glitch. A quick loss of power could cause a reset. Check you battery spring tensioner in the quad itself and make sure also that there is no corrosion or residue on the terminals. This one is going to take some diagnostic to figure out. Good luck!
2015-6-6
Use props
tom
lvl.2
Italy

did you read that?
http://diydrones.com/profiles/bl ... 724&page=2#comments

i think is the same that happened to me
2015-6-7
Use props
Riff Raff
lvl.2

United States

tom@coletta.it Posted at 2015-6-7 20:32
did you read that?
http://diydrones.com/profiles/bl ... 724&page=2#comments

Good job of having the presence of mind to save the Phantom by power off the transmitter.  Thankfully your Phantom was able to enter Failsafe and fly home.

That's crazy that it has happened 4 times.  All at the same location?  Does it fly OK at other locations?

What do "you" think is the cause in this instance?

The graph of the flyaway telemetry, along with your video, is eerily similar to my flyaway a month or two back.  In my case, the Phantom was hovering about 10’ – 20’ away from me, about 10’ altitude.  Just hovering in GPS mode, I wasn’t on the sticks, and it just took off.  Leaned over and raced away.  The trajectory it chose was south, away from me and down, so thankfully, no one got hurt and it impacted in a roadway about 30’ – 40’ from me.   One broken prop and a small scar on the plastic of one arm, no serious damage.

I sure wish DJI would work with their customers and allow us to help them by keeping a log file on the Phantom(2) to record flights.  This data could be very useful for maintenance issues and flight anomalies.

My suspicion is in agreement with the post in the other forum that many of the flyaways are caused by edge of envelope conditions not being handled properly by the programming of the NAZA.  But, these are only guesses without data to show the condition and access to the program to see how the logic works.
2015-6-8
Use props
tom
lvl.2
Italy

in my case can't be an hardware failure because when starting return to home it works perfectly and return to home..... so it's 100% software...
in the video i posted at 00:20 you can see something is happening... phantom shake like it's going down... then start going away crazy...
It happened always in the same location...

as i can ear from many people... many flyaways start like mine... the strange thing is that everytime it goes away i recovered it using RTH...

2015-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules