Starting to get me down!!
1737 8 2019-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CJ125
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1857959 ft

United Kingdom

This mavic 2 zoom is really starting to bug me.....

Controller randomly and intermittently continuously disconnecting from the app - very worrying!!

Now trying to use the steaming live on youtube feature which just doesnt work - I have live steaming enabled on my account but the app keeps telling me to 'enable live streaming'

What's the point of all this software and features if they simply just do not work in a reliable fashion.

That's enough DJI for a while - the whole lot is going back in the cupboard as it's starting to really get on my t**s!!!

2019-4-8
Use props
CJ125
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Well this might shed some light on why it keeps repeatedly asking to activate the live stream feature......youtube has recently modified the requirement of 1000 subscribers before you can live stream (I only have 283) ...

2019-4-9
Use props
djiuser_1dAgqYvgbJYq
New
Flight distance : 43750 ft
United States

Cant stream until 1k subs? Want my money back!
2019-4-12
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Controller randomly and intermittently continuously disconnecting from the app - very worrying!!

Live streaming not working, likely do to Utub, annoying.
Problems with App (GO?) and Controller disconnecting, definte problem.  

Even though disconnects appear random and intermittent, can you discern any pattern or possible influences?
Examples:  Happens mostly during day, When flying in certain area, When a text message is received, When it is really hot, or ...

2019-4-12
Use props
CJ125
lvl.2

United Kingdom

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 4-12 13:11

Live streaming not working, likely do to Utub, annoying.

Hi Hedge Trimmer,

I understand now that it is a youtube issue not the DJi Mavic 2.

Regarding the disconnects between the controller and phone there doesnt appear to be any obvious things that are happening. I tried in 3 different locations probably 50 miles apart and had disconnects happening. I have completed a few recent flights without any issue but every time I fly I'm really nervous its going to happen again - luckily every time it has happened so far the aircraft has returned to home - just dreading that one time it doesnt!!
2019-4-13
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

CJ125 Posted at 4-13 15:36
Hi Hedge Trimmer,

It is one of those darned if you do and darned if you don't things.

You tolerate disconnects, hoping a disconnect never results in a drone failing to RTH safely.  If it does fail to RTH safely, you may be out of warranty or DJI's analysis shows you should have sent drone in prior too.

Or you open a case with DJI and send drone in.  Doing without your drone for 2-1/2 or more weeks.  With possibility you will get a replacement drone back, instead of your own drone.  A good or bad thing.  Usally a good outcome.  But sometimes people get back a drone with different problem(s).

An option in between.  Open a case about disconnects, asking DJI to look at flight data from either GO-4 flight logs or drone's Black-box data.  Having your SmartDevice setup to capture a video of screen to show a disconnect would help.  DJI in past has asked for video screen captures.  If DJI does not find a problem, at least your disconnect problem is on record, should it occur and drone fail to RTH safely.
2019-4-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

CJ125 Posted at 4-13 15:36
Hi Hedge Trimmer,

As long as you have correct parameters set and have good gps, your craft will always RTH , I have never seen any case except fault of the user where craft failed to RTH , so you should be ok there.

If you talk to dji Mindy or dji Susan here on this forum they will have your flight logs analysed and may be able to tell you what is going on .
2019-4-14
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24572349 ft
  • >>>
United States

Recalibrate   IMU then Gimbal  both on a flat surface  can be done indoors.   Then  compass outdoors away from metal.  Also press the pair button on  the drone to pair it again with your remote.  I had the same issue with smart controller after new firmware.  Not sure which fixed it but I did all of the above.

Also had to recalibrate sensors for the first time ..
2019-4-16
Use props
CJ125
lvl.2

United Kingdom

JJMik Posted at 4-16 18:45
Recalibrate   IMU then Gimbal  both on a flat surface  can be done indoors.   Then  compass outdoors away from metal.  Also press the pair button on  the drone to pair it again with your remote.  I had the same issue with smart controller after new firmware.  Not sure which fixed it but I did all of the above.

Also had to recalibrate sensors for the first time ..

Thanks - anymore issue I will do that but fingers crossed the last few flight have gone great
2019-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules