GH5 Not Talking To Ronin S at all.. but in correct mode.
833 3 2019-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BadgerOfSteel
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi Newbie to these forums - I have a issue with my GH5 and Ronin S - Ive been through all the forum and online and am wondering if anyone here can help:

My GH5 connects to the Ronin S but no controls are available. Ive checked the usual (see below) but at the very least i'd expect the app to show the camera connected and to be able to hit record on the Ronin S? I'm using PC Teather and I can see a live view (it says its connected on the camera) but thats as far as it goes. I am wondering if DJI have shipped me out a broken USB or faulty device.

Is their a setting on the camera that could be casuing an issue?
What would you suggest:

FYI ive dont the normal stuff and the ronin s on itself works fine:
  • Latest GH5 Firmwear (latest as of April 8th 2019)
  • Latest Ronin S Firmwear (latest as of April 8th 2019)
  • PC Teather Mode
  • Cleaned Ports
  • Full Power
  • Turned off and on

One thing to note is the blinking red led on the focus wheel... is that normal?

As you can see by the in camera display image it says teathered:

Screen Image of camera

Screen Image of camera

Thanks in again, Keith
2019-4-9
Use props
BadgerOfSteel
lvl.1
United Kingdom

An update to clear a few other options:
  • The IR Shutter cable works with a canon (so it could be a cable issue)
  • The Cameras USB C Port works as ive tested it by using live view in the PC.

2019-4-9
Use props
thatfilmguy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I've also been having issues with my Ronin S. I can initiate recording on my GH5 but the focus wheel doesn't work at all. Trying to get to the bottom of it on another thread. Come on DJI...
2019-4-9
Use props
ragsn_old_iron
lvl.2
Canada

thatfilmguy Posted at 4-9 13:22
I've also been having issues with my Ronin S. I can initiate recording on my GH5 but the focus wheel doesn't work at all. Trying to get to the bottom of it on another thread. Come on DJI...

I am a new Ronin S owner.  I have spent about ten hours with it and a GH5 and the newest firmware versions as of May 4th, 2019.  I have Canon EF L lenses, I have Sigma ART lenses in Canon mount, I have a Panasonic m43 lens, several Olympus m43 lenses, and two Sigma lenses in m43 mount.  What I have found is that each brand of lens works slightly differently for focusing with the Ronin S, and that all of them must have the camera switched to manual focus to work with the Ronin focus wheel.  Olympus lenses are variable in response, and sometimes I have to restart the camera and adjust focus speed in the app (Android) for Olympus lenses to work.  Sigma m43 lenses (19mm and 30mm) work the best by far, and have no issues in either slow or fast focus modes.  Canon EF "L" lenses work very well with focus wheel in fast and slow mode (using Metabones T) .  Sigma EF ART lenses work poorly with the focus wheel and sometimes not at all, and the focus motors in the lens are jittery or do not focus past a certain point (using Metabones T).  My only Panasonic m43 lens also work well, but not as good as the Sigma m43 lenses.
2019-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules