Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dan Orrells
New
Flight distance : 237543 ft
United Kingdom

Hello Everyone,

New hear looking for some help.

We have a Mavic Pro and it has started to behave strangely. When flying there is some kind of banding or flickering lines across the image. This happens a few times and then the recording will stop the gimbal freaks out and spins around, it eventually comes back level to centre and the app has switched to photo mode.

An example can be seen here. In this 11 sec clip, it starts just before the end and is very notcieable

https://vimeo.com/329304037

https://vimeo.com/329304037

Would appreciate any insight on this

Cheers
2019-4-9
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Not seeing any bands or rolling here.  What are you viewing it on?
2019-4-9
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That's the affect of shadows being cast by the props on the lens. This can be eliminated if you can change angle of shot so that the Sun is behind you, also tilting gimbal down a bit should help as well.
2019-4-9
Use props
Lonesome Crow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 406076 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lets start with this first:  "This happens a few times and then the recording will stop the gimbal freaks out and spins around, it eventually comes back level to centre and the app has switched to photo mode."

First, what version is you Go App?
Next, are you running the latest software on the drone?
Have you had this drone for awhile, and this just started, or did you upgrade versions and this is happening now.
What is your mobile device you use?
2019-4-9
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 4-9 09:57
Not seeing any bands or rolling here.  What are you viewing it on?

After looking right at the end of the video in the shadow, I have to retract my above statement of not seeing anything.  I think Aardvark is likely correct.  Anytime you shoot with the lens canted upward, you take a chance of getting that.  With low sun angles like you have here, it is even more likely.  You would need to raise the camera altitude a little and bring the camera look-angle downward to correct for it...or just move to a different angle to move the prop shadows if this is the cause.
2019-4-10
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

"and then the recording will stop the gimbal freaks out and spins around, it eventually comes back level to centre and the app has switched to photo mode."

This sounds like a gimbal reset... your SD storage media is most likely the cause. Be sure to use a compatible SD card with the Mavic Pro... long discussion here about it.  I used to have similar issues when I used a Samsung card... now I use a SanDisk Extreme PLUS 64GB microSDXC UHS-I/U3 Card and have no issues.
2019-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules