Ronin S + Sony A7iii = focus wheel not working
24126 50 2019-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ak127
lvl.2
United States

Cattitude Posted at 7-11 18:47
Hi, I am also having the same issue with my brand new MCC Multi-Cable. Using a supported lens. The focus wheel is solid green light. Record button works, but when I try to pull focus, I get a popup on my A7III (This operation or setting not available as follows > File Format > RAW). I have tried several lenses and none work. All firmware is up to date. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[view_image]

focus pull is not supported with the multi cable. You need the MCC-C cable
2019-7-28
Use props
Archimeduo
lvl.1

Canada

Henrique Bispo Posted at 7-19 16:06
After hours trying to make the 16-35mm 2.8 GM work with the focus wheel, I finally got it solved by turning on AF on the lens and customizing the AEL button to AF/MF Ctrl Toggle. As soon as you toggle between modes it starts working.

You are a truly life savior sir. Finally got full function on this expensive Ronin-a7riii-GM system after months. You deserve my huge respect!
2019-8-5
Use props
Eazy-E
lvl.1

Can some one help me Im still having issues with focus wheel not working. I have read through everything on this forum and nothing works

Using a A7III
Sony G 24-70
lens is set to manual
Smart phone connect is off
USB Connect is set to PC
Using the MCC-C cable
Camera control record and stop works fine.
Green light on focus wheel s lit up.
Turn on ronin and then turn on camera.
Firmware on 1.9.0.80
2019-9-17
Use props
Eazy-E
lvl.1

Eazy-E Posted at 9-17 16:47
Can some one help me Im still having issues with focus wheel not working. I have read through everything on this forum and nothing works

Using a A7III

also the auto focus does not work when I hold record button down on ronin-s which its supposed to do in latest firmware update
2019-9-17
Use props
Aviomark
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1374203 ft

Can some one help me Im still having issues with focus wheel not working. I have read through everything on this forum and nothing works

Using a A7III

I have the same issue
2019-10-14
Use props
NickNine
lvl.1
Australia

Can some one help me Im still having issues with focus wheel not working. I have read through everything on this forum and nothing works

Using a A7III

Hi Easy-E. Bit late reply to this but try setting the focus on the lens to AF, and then setting focus in camera to MF. My guess is because the lens needs to be on AF to talk to the camera and by extension the ronin.
2019-11-7
Use props
Jarmok6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 440135 ft
Estonia

I'm glad I can help you guys. I had the same problem if I used video mode on A7III. After I switched to full manual- M mode then focul will work.
In video mode this wheel acts as zoom button.

All the best!
2019-12-21
Use props
davidvogtphotogmail.com
lvl.2

United States

I have one more thing to add. For me, the “Autofocus Speed” setting in the Ronin app was set to 2 (out of 100) which was extremely slow, so it looked like nothing was happening when I turned the wheel. I changed it to 50 and it’s perfect now.
2020-1-13
Use props
Serrini
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32953 ft
  • >>>
United States

FIXED: Set lens to AF. In camera menu setting (menu1:page5) set focus mode to Manual Focus. Turn off camera. Turn on Ronin, turn on camera. LENS HAS TO BE IN AF, CAMERA HAS TO BE IN MF. NO ONE TELLS YOU THIS.
2020-1-20
Use props
Serrini
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32953 ft
  • >>>
United States

THIS IS THE SOLVE:

Like the user said before, the camera has to be in AF (AutoFucus) to talk with the lens. SO, make sure the lens is switched to AF. THEN in the menu settings, change the focus to MF (so the switch on the lens is AF, but the camera menu is in MF ... you can set one of the back buttons to do this) then the damn thing will work.
2021-9-15
Use props
djiuser_pCcOiBVEjRQ9
New
Turkey

Hi
I have problem with my ronin rs2
I have sony a6400 and use multi cable to work with record button on the gimbal , for while i have no problem but in 1 2 month when i use multi cable and the camera icon in gimbal lcd showing , the record button  steal not working , what is the problem?
2021-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules