DJI Care disappointing
1826 36 2019-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nywrecker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 832421 ft
United States

I learned today from customer support that the DJI Care does not cover the remote control.
Thumbs down!
2019-4-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi nywrecker, for different models, the DJI Care Refresh coverage might be different. We're sorry that all do not cover remote controllers for now. More details, you may visit this link: https://www.dji.com/service/djicare-refresh/info#terms If you encounter any issue with the remote controller, please kindly start a case and send it in for diagnosis. Hope for your understanding.
Coverage.png
2019-4-9
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am gonna have to push forward an objection, I was able to get warranty repair on a RC within the 1 year warranty period.
2019-4-10
Use props
nywrecker
Second Officer
United States

AlphaFlightNW Posted at 4-10 00:06
I am gonna have to push forward an objection, I was able to get warranty repair on a RC within the 1 year warranty period.

Are you referring to the initial 1 year warranty or the DJI Care Refresh program?
2019-4-10
Use props
Edward Smith's Replacement
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1837444 ft
United States

The 1 year warranty.....I just went through it with my remote.
2019-4-10
Use props
nywrecker
Second Officer
United States

Edward Smith's Replacement Posted at 4-10 10:06
The 1 year warranty.....I just went through it with my remote.

So clearly DJI has a remote control issue and not surprisingly its washing its hands after the warranty expires.
2019-4-10
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

nywrecker Posted at 4-10 15:14
So clearly DJI has a remote control issue and not surprisingly its washing its hands after the warranty expires.

What issue are you having with the RC? remember too that DJI care is different from the Warranty provided with the purchase. Warranty is for 1 year after sale and covers build faults of the quad and controller, Batteries for 6 months, or a certain # of charges. When I bought DJI care for my MA it clearly stated that the quad was the only item covered ( not RC ) and I had to recover the quad to ship back in order for the DJI care to stand behind it.
2019-4-11
Use props
nywrecker
Second Officer
United States

Bill B Posted at 4-11 02:12
What issue are you having with the RC? remember too that DJI care is different from the Warranty provided with the purchase. Warranty is for 1 year after sale and covers build faults of the quad and controller, Batteries for 6 months, or a certain # of charges. When I bought DJI care for my MA it clearly stated that the quad was the only item covered ( not RC ) and I had to recover the quad to ship back in order for the DJI care to stand behind it.

My issues are floppy antennas and maddening impossible to stop beeping. The latter one is solvable by recalibrating the remote almost every time I use it.
Both issues are are widely spread among users of this forum and youtubers.
I understand that the warranty is for one year. However when there is a known problem they should honor the repair as part of a recall. No different than car manufacturers, stroller makers, etc do.  
2019-4-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Why do you need dji care to cover your remote control, if it malfunctions it’s covered under warranty if it’s faulty it’s covered under warranty.

Question: how much would you be willing to pay for remote cover and how much would you be willing to pay if you let’s say dropped your remote control ?

I would imagine that very few problems occur with RC so very few are damaged accidentally and if they are the cost of repair would be 1/ cheaper than combining extra cost of care refresh and cost of first/second repair .
2019-4-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

nywrecker Posted at 4-11 02:35
My issues are floppy antennas and maddening impossible to stop beeping. The latter one is solvable by recalibrating the remote almost every time I use it.
Both issues are are widely spread among users of this forum and youtubers.
I understand that the warranty is for one year. However when there is a known problem they should honor the repair as part of a recall. No different than car manufacturers, stroller makers, etc do.

There is new RC FW maybe this will sort your problem.

Regarding floppy antennas, well these are moving parts and there is no warranty for any of this sort of product that will cover moving parts, I suggest being careful how you handle your antennas, I still have my RC from original Mavic Pro 2 1/2 years old and antennas are perfect.
2019-4-11
Use props
nywrecker
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 4-11 02:49
Why do you need dji care to cover your remote control, if it malfunctions it’s covered under warranty if it’s faulty it’s covered under warranty.

Question: how much would you be willing to pay for remote cover and how much would you be willing to pay if you let’s say dropped your remote control ?

My point is that if so many RC suffer from floppy antennas, it means that there is a component that is intrinsically flawed; at least in a certain batch. Those defects should be repaired at no charge even after the warranty expires.
2019-4-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

nywrecker Posted at 4-11 04:30
My point is that if so many RC suffer from floppy antennas, it means that there is a component that is intrinsically flawed; at least in a certain batch. Those defects should be repaired at no charge even after the warranty expires.

I think you will find that the majority of antennas are fine, so does this mean it’s not a fault with the manufacture, if your antennas lasted 1 year the there was no problems with them, do you seriously think that your antennas that were ok for over twelve months but as you call it are floppy now , that this is a manufacturing defect, be serious it sounds like the whining of a child .
2019-4-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

hallmark007 Posted at 4-11 04:44
I think you will find that the majority of antennas are fine, so does this mean it’s not a fault with the manufacture, if your antennas lasted 1 year the there was no problems with them, do you seriously think that your antennas that were ok for over twelve months but as you call it are floppy now , that this is a manufacturing defect, be serious it sounds like the whining of a child .

The forums biggest troll has nothing better to do again than downvote, he was banned for trolling not so long ago and maybe will get banned again soon .
2019-4-11
Use props
nywrecker
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 4-11 04:44

It is a known fact in customer service circles of almost all consumer products that reported customer problems represent only a minuscule percentage of the problem base.
The fact that in this forum alone there are many people complaining about a common problem, speaks for itself.
This is similar to the countless issues users bring up with FW problems. Problems in software and hardware DO exist. DJI In most cases fails to address them properly in a timely manner if they even do at all.
2019-4-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

nywrecker Posted at 4-12 05:04
It is a known fact in customer service circles of almost all consumer products that reported customer problems represent only a minuscule percentage of the problem base.
The fact that in this forum alone there are many people complaining about a common problem, speaks for itself.
This is similar to the countless issues users bring up with FW problems. Problems in software and hardware DO exist. DJI In most cases fails to address them properly in a timely manner if they even do at all.

I’m 100% certain there is no known problem with as you call it floppy antennas, I have searched this forum and found 3 people 2 out of warranty and 1 in warranty, so it’s not an epidemic as you would like it to believe , my comments were regarding the floppy antennas and in particular those out of warranty.

It sounds like your complaints are not particularly to do with your opening post as you are now changing this to how you think dji service handles itself generally .
2019-4-12
Use props
djiuser_jF91tL4TUARj
lvl.1
United States

DJI took in my almost new (5 weeks) drone for repair and sent me a refurbished drone despite me asking them not to.
2019-4-12
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 4-11 22:34
The forums biggest troll has nothing better to do again than downvote, he was banned for trolling not so long ago and maybe will get banned again soon .

Who is this biggest troll you speak of?
As to loose rotating fulcrum joints (forum says "leftside"), the problem deals with preloaded axis tension by way of slippage washer (shim). They are not gonna revise it. But for you to void warranty and REALLY PERMANENTLY fix it, its do'able
2019-4-13
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 4-12 05:13
I’m 100% certain there is no known problem with as you call it floppy antennas, I have searched this forum and found 3 people 2 out of warranty and 1 in warranty, so it’s not an epidemic as you would like it to believe , my comments were regarding the floppy antennas and in particular those out of warranty.

It sounds like your complaints are not particularly to do with your opening post as you are now changing this to how you think dji service handles itself generally .

No. The antennae becomes loose because of repeated use unfolding and folding. It is not robust like the folding drone legs 5000 cycles acclaimed.
I fly twice daily unless inclement meteorology.
So thats 365x2=730 yearly
2019-4-13
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

The real kicker with insurance is not using it. The more flights the increased probability of usage. It is the unpredictable failure which engages patrons.
Such unpredictiveness can be categorized logistically:  craft, rc, phone, software, operator, environment, infrastructure
2019-4-13
Use props
Anthony566
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

As stated above ...  And as you are out of your first year warranty you can fix this issue yourself .....

However this might be an option ???

https://www.phantomhelp.com/stor ... ller-Antenna-Brace/
2019-4-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

cutis Posted at 4-13 09:23
No. The antennae becomes loose because of repeated use unfolding and folding. It is not robust like the folding drone legs 5000 cycles acclaimed.

Do you think you opened and closed yours much more than I did, I don’t have floppy antennas, judging by your flight distance I’m not sure this is the case, if a few are treating their antennas rough, well if they lasted a year then the warranty is correct .
2019-4-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

cutis Posted at 4-13 09:17
Who is this biggest troll you speak of?
As to loose rotating fulcrum joints (forum says "leftside"), the problem deals with preloaded axis tension by way of slippage washer (shim). They are not gonna revise it. But for you to void warranty and REALLY PERMANENTLY fix it, its do'able

The troll is not you ,
2019-4-13
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 4-13 09:42
The troll is not you ,

I fogot biggee: this rc antennae looseness, youve gotta census all world mavic air complaints, not forum dji mavic air. While true some casualties were user inflicted, not all are. That means common denominator. I'm wondering whether a mininscule drop of pure synthetic hobby racing lubricant at that rotating fulcrum would cease galling wear for lifetime. The lubricant must be compatible with that joint materials (you wouldnt want the lubricant to chemically interact)
I say this because i magnified that visual and affirmed wear particulates. That means pressure bearing surface contours are getting chewn down.
2019-4-13
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 4-13 09:39
Do you think you opened and closed yours much more than I did, I don’t have floppy antennas, judging by your flight distance I’m not sure this is the case, if a few are treating their antennas rough, well if they lasted a year then the warranty is correct .

The clearance underneathe collapsed antennas is such that engaging that "click" notched snap sound actually is stressing antennas axis tensile preload. Maybe putting a tiny bumper pad to stop displacing into said clearance underneathe collapsed antenna might work well. That way, during snapping that collapsed detent, the antennas wont overstress
2019-4-13
Use props
Damager
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9052 ft
United States

cutis - just asking, as I assume your first language is not English.  What are you using for translation?  It is difficult to understand your points in these translated posts.  It almost sounds like some AI type of posting.
2019-4-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

cutis Posted at 4-13 15:36
The clearance underneathe collapsed antennas is such that engaging that "click" notched snap sound actually is stressing antennas axis tensile preload. Maybe putting a tiny bumper pad to stop displacing into said clearance underneathe collapsed antenna might work well. That way, during snapping that collapsed detent, the antennas wont overstress

Unfortunately there is wear and tear in everything life, nothing lasts forever, but some people who take care of their goods and themselves seem to go on that bit longer , it’s no good crying after spilt milk .
2019-4-13
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 4-13 23:18
Unfortunately there is wear and tear in everything life, nothing lasts forever, but some people who take care of their goods and themselves seem to go on that bit longer , it’s no good crying after spilt milk .

The looseness cant degrade antenna function. Why? Because the play is about quarter inch at tip. That will not throw off reception transmission. I think the looseness is more of an embarrassment for such expensive taste.
2019-4-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Norway

cutis Posted at 4-14 08:53
The looseness cant degrade antenna function. Why? Because the play is about quarter inch at tip. That will not throw off reception transmission. I think the looseness is more of an embarrassment for such expensive taste.

I’m not to sure what you mean by embarrassment, I’m not embarrassed by mine, I own 3 Mavic 1 is 2 1/2 years old Mavic Pro. , MavAir is 14 months old and both antennas on both these RC are almost as good as the day I purchased them.
I think we need to work out who is responsible here, manufacturing on mine is pretty good and I have taken care of them, so they will go on for a long time yet .
2019-4-14
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 4-14 09:08
I’m not to sure what you mean by embarrassment, I’m not embarrassed by mine, I own 3 Mavic 1 is 2 1/2 years old Mavic Pro. , MavAir is 14 months old and both antennas on both these RC are almost as good as the day I purchased them.
I think we need to work out who is responsible here, manufacturing on mine is pretty good and I have taken care of them, so they will go on for a long time yet .

Embaressment of loose antenna for an expensive costing product.
2019-4-14
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

Similar would be purchased diamond ring having clasp claw loose
2019-4-14
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

Yup, i think that silicone bumper placed underneathe that discussed clearance should stop over-collapsing antenna downwards. Over-collapsing must be causing the mountings to loosen. Otherwise dont collapse at all, just toss into envelope and into satchel
2019-4-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Norway

cutis Posted at 4-14 09:40
Similar would be purchased diamond ring having clasp claw loose

I actually make Diamond Rings, I’m a goldsmith, and same rules apply 12 months guaranteed for manufacturing defects, if after 12 months customer is not looking after her Diamond ring and claw/clasp comes loose then she will have to pay for repair, what you are looking for is a lifetime guarantee on a product that costs around $200 .
My mind boggles at what some people expect from goods they purchase under one year warranty.

If I take care of my purchase and it is in good condition for the lifetime of the product , I am rewarded with a good reliable product cared for by me.

If someone else takes no care and as a result his antennas come loose after and outside warranty , you expect that the manufacturer should be responsible for something that may well have been caused by neglect, you are defending the indefensible and I think by the sheer lack of people complaining about floppy antennas, I’m pretty sure responsibility lies with the user .
Good day .
2019-4-14
Use props
nywrecker
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 4-13 23:18

I have about 180 flights with my Air and take extremely good care of all it’s components.
My RC antennas were perfect for about the first 8-9 months. After that they gradually became looser.
I never reported it to DJI because I thought I might be an isolated case and did not make much of it.
Now one of my antennas is supper floppy and I see that other forum members have the same issue.
It sounds to me that the there is a defective component that should be replaced.
2019-4-14
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

They (support repair) do not have dept forensics.
Valuable steering is lost.
But absorbed warranty(s) incurs per hedge err hall though  dwarfing ignores (like reluctant poster)
2019-4-15
Use props
Mr. Motta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 221906 ft
United States

cutis Posted at 4-13 09:23

That is false! The antennas get loose from the controller being stored too long.  I have had my Air exactly 1 year and 2 weeks. I do not fly in the winter because I hate the cold. I take it out of its case once a month to charge the batteries and get updates. I did this 2 weeks ago and and extended the antennas. Both of them flopped right back down.  I have 77000' feet on my drone. +-

Sent in in thinking that the $69.00 I wasted on that refresh crap would cover it. It did not. They want $70.00 just to fix a known problem that many others are having. ( look on youtube)

I have emailed them 3 times to just return it to me. They wont even do that!  Just keep jerking me around.
If you can prove me wrong. go for it!
2019-4-17
Use props
Mr. Motta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 221906 ft
United States

nywrecker Posted at 4-14 22:16
I have about 180 flights with my Air and take extremely good care of all it’s components.
My RC antennas were perfect for about the first 8-9 months. After that they gradually became looser.
I never reported it to DJI because I thought I might be an isolated case and did not make much of it.

They dont care.
2019-4-17
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

I am forensically inclined.
You folks jump quick.
Likely advanced changes are implemented.
I say it since hedge or was it beer acclaim none ill.
The changes are trial and some owners got it good, thats all.
Youre not allowed in warranty to reverse engineer defects
2019-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules