Battery Endurance ?
1752 17 2019-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Manxmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

May I pre-empt this question ?   I am well aware of a good few conditions that effect the endurance of the battery.  

However,  have you ever achieved the 30 minute flight time claimed in promotional material ?
I am quick to acknowledge that the claim is "up to 30 minutes" which is like the proverbial "up to 20kpl" in the car world.

Just interested ...........  

2019-4-10
Use props
ChavaLozVi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89738 ft

Mexico

Real flight time around 20 minutes...
2019-4-10
Use props
digsy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1085404 ft
Australia

I did 3 flights today on 3 batteries, perfect conditions no wind. Mixture of sports mode and normal flying.
I got around 20 mins on all 3 batteries when it reached 30%. I have the V2 with the supposedly more efficient ESCs

2019-4-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The maximum flight time of the Phantom 4 Pro is approximately 30 minutes. However, this would still depend on the environment and the usage of the drone. We're hoping that you could get the best feedback from our valued DJI Forum members on using their drones. Thank you for continued support. Cheers!
2019-4-10
Use props
ChavaLozVi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89738 ft

Mexico

DJI Tony Posted at 4-10 09:41
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The maximum flight time of the Phantom 4 Pro is approximately 30 minutes. However, this would still depend on the environment and the usage of the drone. We're hoping that you could get the best feedback from our valued DJI Forum members on using their drones. Thank you for continued support. Cheers!

We understand 30 minutes flight time under controlled laboratory conditions, but in the real world, flight time is around 22  minutes average
2019-4-10
Use props
1Eagle
Second Officer
Flight distance : 290348 ft
United States

In perfect conditions you might get 25 or so before auto landing.
But with low battery warning set to 25% I only get around 20-22.
2019-4-10
Use props
Cradoka
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2530794 ft
Australia

I usually end up at 20/24 mins mark.
30 mins.... tell 'em they're dreaming! hehe
2019-4-10
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Like MPG,  it depends on how you fly.
2019-4-10
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

never timed it,  i cant even remember what the time says left in the app when i 1st start either, but, i am fairly sure the app said about 17 minutes left after a a 9.75km round trip without hitting 30% battery, bear in mind the data shows the flight ending at 42% i think it was but thats in correct cause it certainly didnt end where it says it did, perhaps its cause i changed from goggles back to device, i cant remember, heres the link
https://app.airdata.com/share/ynMrsc

The longest a battery gave me was, so airdata says;

Flight Air Time 25m 55s
Takeoff Battery 99% 17.2v
Landing Battery 9% (auto)

Bear in mind that flight ended with me just purposely draining the battery and waiting for auto land to kick in, so as to give it a full charge later, airdata also says battery time at 28 mins
https://app.airdata.com/share/EjprJS

Make of it what you can/will
2019-4-10
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Australia

Thanks Bashy,  interesting.
I look at the info sync'd to the Cloud to get the flight time & am always aware of the battery percentage at landing.  I seldom fly under 35/40%.

I hope more flyers will add their comments.....................  
2019-4-11
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Australia

Thanks all,  your comments bear out my flight performance.
A very noticeable decline in endurance when there is any sort of wind to fight eh !  Got to expect that.
Even 20 minutes amounts to a lot of picture taking time.
2019-4-12
Use props
BagoDJIoperator84
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

I never endured a 30 min flight, mostly around 25mins or so depending on the wind and weather conditions.
2019-4-12
Use props
acquarius61
lvl.1
Flight distance : 143261 ft
Italy

30 minutes is pure science fiction. Maximum achieved was 23 minutes with battery level around 18%
2019-4-12
Use props
Thermographer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1417362 ft
United States

Like everyone else i average 20 minutes @ 30% flight time. (P3, P34k & P3A)
2019-4-12
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Australia

Thermographer Posted at 4-12 04:06
Like everyone else i average 20 minutes @ 30% flight time. (P3, P34k & P3A)

Cheers Thermographer.  20 minutes is the norm apparently - all good eh ?  
2019-4-13
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Australia

Thanks for all the info,  it's all interesting stuff.
2019-4-19
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

20 mins with landing at 30%, only , that is damn close to the 30 min flight time when you do the maths, 10 minutes per 30%,

Sadly to achieve the MAX time you would need to keep the bird in the air way past the critical battery forced landing, therefore it is impossible using DJI's standard software to achieve the stated max flight time flying in standard mode under optimal conditions BUT, thats not to say the stated absolute max is incorrect, its does state max flight time, it does not however state how it was flying to achieve that time, so, we can probably rule out flying as we would, normally and probably rule out flying at any sort of height too. Now, if we flew in standard mode, all sensors turned off, no use of the camera, including live view, ie no FPV at all, no device, no app, and at say about a few feet up and a 100% calm day (or fly inside) with moderate temps and taking off and entering into forward motion straight away, maybe then and only then could it reach its full potential, obviously this is not your average flight so therefore,  the stated max is misleading to say the least, oh , nearly forgot, perhaps the battery at 1/2 full too, less weight then........

Disclaimer; as its only 1:50am at time of starting this reply, anything i may say could be totally poop, therefore please to substitue my reality with your own.....
2019-4-19
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Australia

Bashy Posted at 4-19 17:11
20 mins with landing at 30%, only , that is damn close to the 30 min flight time when you do the maths, 10 minutes per 30%,

Sadly to achieve the MAX time you would need to keep the bird in the air way past the critical battery forced landing, therefore it is impossible using DJI's standard software to achieve the stated max flight time flying in standard mode under optimal conditions BUT, thats not to say the stated absolute max is incorrect, its does state max flight time, it does not however state how it was flying to achieve that time, so, we can probably rule out flying as we would, normally and probably rule out flying at any sort of height too. Now, if we flew in standard mode, all sensors turned off, no use of the camera, including live view, ie no FPV at all, no device, no app, and at say about a few feet up and a 100% calm day (or fly inside) with moderate temps and taking off and entering into forward motion straight away, maybe then and only then could it reach its full potential, obviously this is not your average flight so therefore,  the stated max is misleading to say the least, oh , nearly forgot, perhaps the battery at 1/2 full too, less weight then........

Just like the "up to 40 mpg"  statement.  Yes it is achievable.  Is it achievable under normal driving conditions ?  NAH !

I concur with your reasoning of 10 minutes per 30% battery - I bet someone asks about the other 10% !!
20 minute airtime is quite a while IMO.
2019-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules