Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RONIN - CENTER POINT NOT HOLDING..DRIFT ISSUES
3810 11 2015-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
darrin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1004731 ft
United States

Hello Trying to lock down a number of issues with the DJI Ronin. Support was not very helpful basically saying send it in..center issue was from factory but six weeks is harsh. Center calibration wont stick...I've been assigned a RMA with a bunch of rules that are hard to follow..because that seems to be how DJI support works, no effort to work on issues just give up unit for 6 weeks hope for the best. Frustrating.

To that point: ..PARTLY RESOLVES ISSUE..
Not one to give up..
With app and remote off and a new battery (swtiching seems to have effected the settings)
Operator mode
speed 100
deadband 0
acceleration 100
now stays pretty solid - does drift opposite in turns but gets back to center pretty fast.

Ramaining issues:
center calibration (not taking): maybe as simple as pulling battery??
The reversed motion issue while ...oververted... also could be a simple software switch we don't have access to? or do we? as instructions are minimal..
drifting while under remote control?? unresolved
Looking for help from community!! Please test this setup..let me know if your experiencing these sort of drift issues etc.
Thanks
Cheers
Darrin Nupuf
proimages.com
http://<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AMzM8lr68hA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2015-6-6
Use props
nick
lvl.1
Flight distance : 194239 ft
United States

I think the "opposite turning" is the correct operation of the ronin, because it's actually not turning, the car is turning. Try putting the dead and very low so it comes back to center?
2015-6-6
Use props
m.bodden
lvl.1

Poland

nick@nickcollur Posted at 2015-6-7 11:40
I think the "opposite turning" is the correct operation of the ronin, because it's actually not turn ...

I agree with Nick that during the driving the Ronin behaves correct. Did you try this with Smooth-track mode turned off? Then it should stay in front without turning.

Watching the issue about not centering correctly, drifting sidewards... I'm facing exactly the same problem here. Still I'm in contact with support about this. I'm having this problem since I updated my Ronin and also here, Center calibration is simply not working, no  matter I do...it shows on the app that it's off center (about -17 degrees) but doesn't let me set the "correct" center.
2015-6-6
Use props
darrin
Second Officer
United States

nick@nickcollur Posted at 2015-6-7 11:40
I think the "opposite turning" is the correct operation of the ronin, because it's actually not turn ...

I did get it to return to center,(with smooth track)  but a second test shows its rolling on the horizon just from forward motion rendering footage unusable..and in mode 3 we have no control over roll!! If hanging it then turns in the direction of the motion..when inverted it's going the opposite direction of motion (because it does not understand it's inverted.) I do robotics and software , in RC world the pilot will adjust for the reverse..but we have no option in this case..
thanks for input!!
cheers
Darrin
2015-6-7
Use props
darrin
Second Officer
United States

m.bodden@hyperf Posted at 2015-6-7 14:23
I agree with Nick that during the driving the Ronin behaves correct. Did you try this with Smooth-t ...

Mine is also -17 degrees but moves around randomly..test this..turn off remote and app and let it run a while to see if it drifts on its own..seems drift stopped with nothing else running..
Thanks for the feedback!!
cheers
Darrin
2015-6-7
Use props
DJI support Can
Second Officer

Hong Kong

darrin@proimage Posted at 2015-6-8 04:02
Mine is also -17 degrees but moves around randomly..test this..turn off remote and app and let it r ...

Hi, Darrin, could you show me your smooth track setting as well as the pan stiffness?
2015-6-8
Use props
darrin
Second Officer
United States

Hi Sorry for delay, I'm traveling next couple weeks and left Ronin behind..here's where I left off.
With app and remote 'off 'and a new battery (switching seems to have effected the settings) the drift seems to be less, so wifi noise maybe causing drift issue most likely.
changed to
Operator mode
speed 100
deadband 0
acceleration 100
now stays pretty solid - does drift opposite in turns but gets back to center pretty fast. Now you see in video that the horizon and tilt is drifting and in 'mode 3' I have no control over roll.. I'm open to testing settings, or to resolve that the ronin can not handle this setup. Trying to retest with Ronin underslung..

please note:
What I have not seen is any suggested settings from DJI..Please!! this is your baby isn't it? Three support calls and forum..topic not one suggested setting from DJI.
Striaght to return to factory....that not's good. Be nice to see an info graphic formula for conditions. Happy to design one for you and help with Beta testing your devices if you want to talk!! Otherwise we deserve a basic amount of support.
cheers
Darrin Nupuf

http://<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ng3MPav3ud4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
2015-6-15
Use props
DJI-Cathy
Second Officer

Hong Kong

Please switch it to SmoothTrack mode, if the roll drift, try "system calibrating " several times to see if it helps
2015-6-17
Use props
darrin
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Cathy Posted at 2015-6-18 11:34
Please switch it to SmoothTrack mode, if the roll drift, try "system calibrating " several times to  ...

It is in smoothtrack -
Please suggest setting?
I calibrated 100 times or more!!
You cannot calibrate in this configuration without breaking the unit or camera!
You have no control of roll in mode 3
Please advise!!
cheers
Darrin
2015-6-18
Use props
DJI-Cathy
Second Officer

Hong Kong

darrin@proimage Posted at 2015-6-19 02:23
It is in smoothtrack -
Please suggest setting?
I calibrated 100 times or more!!

Pls set the Roll StiffNess a little higher to see, send your email to support@dji.com, we will follow up your case, THX~
2015-6-20
Use props
bran_richardson
New

United States

Hi, Darrin!

I'm very interested in achieving a similar result (I'm trying to "lock" the pan axis). Have you been able to figure this out yet? No matter what I try, it still pans/tilts unbidden.

I'm going to try the settings you described in post #7 and post an update on performance; my application should be less "stress" on the system than yours, so hopefully it will work well enough for what I need.

Thanks!
2015-8-1
Use props
darrin
Second Officer

bran_richardson Posted at 2015-8-2 08:00
Hi, Darrin!

I'm very interested in achieving a similar result (I'm trying to "lock" the pan axis).  ...

Hi Sorry for late response I did get the forward aspect working but never solved the roll and center drift
actually back to see where they are at...not looking good on updates.
2016-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules