New Mavic Air Firmware Released (2019/04/10)
12Next >
34469 64 2019-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
  • Date: 2019.04.10
  • Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0620
  • Remote Controller Firmware: v01.00.0200
  • DJI GO 4 App iOS: v4.3.12
  • DJI GO 4 App Android: v4.3.12

What’s New?
Aircraft:
  • Fixed issue: linking failed when operating in Panama.

Notes
  • Make sure you update the DJI GO 4 app to the latest 4.3.0 version or higher before updating the firmware.
  • Once the firmware has been updated, it cannot be downgraded to a former version. Restart the aircraft and remote controller after the upgrade is complete.
  • Please note that the firmware update may reset various Main Controller Settings, such as the RTH Altitude and Maximum Flight Distance, to factory defaults. Before the update, take note of your preferred DJI GO 4 settings, and readjust them after the update to suit your preference.
  • This firmware update resets the camera settings.
  • If the firmware upgrade fails, restart aircraft, remote controller and DJI GO 4 or DJI Assistant 2, and retry.

2019-4-10
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Will this have the update for the camera forward/down feature?  I suspect a default response "we have  passed this onto our engineers" = No we only fix bugs now  for the MA! Still at least they are fixing bugs I guess!
2019-4-10
Use props
Soterisk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1199685 ft
Cyprus

Schmooit Posted at 4-10 03:56
Will this have the update for the camera forward/down feature?  I suspect a default response "we have  passed this onto our engineers" = No we only fix bugs now  for the MA! Still at least they are fixing bugs I guess!

Or the TAP FLY mode  to have more smoothner yaw moovments??
2019-4-10
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

What is Panama ?

That the Country?
2019-4-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Soterisk Posted at 4-10 06:43
Or the TAP FLY mode  to have more smoothner yaw moovments??

Tap fly free mode is pretty good for yaw movements .
2019-4-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Haven’t had any problems with any other version so see no problem updating to this .
2019-4-10
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

小仙女的星巴克 Posted at 4-10 07:46
What is Panama ?

That the Country?

Panama is a song by Van Halen.
2019-4-10
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

小仙女的星巴克 Posted at 4-10 07:46
What is Panama ?

That the Country?

Ha missed that one! Awesome! I assume it meant pano mode but maybe it is just a bug for people in Panama!
2019-4-10
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

Schmooit Posted at 4-10 09:02
Ha missed that one! Awesome! I assume it meant pano mode but maybe it is just a bug for people in Panama!

Thanks goodness! Going Panama to fly the MA later.
2019-4-10
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

LOL..  never knew the drone had an issue linking in Panama...shoulda guessed with all reports of compass errors in central and south america that panam was the cause...

also seriously, i never heard anyone complain about their drone disconnecting or failing to link in Pano mode here?  is DJI working up the list backwards form least problematic and complained about bugs to fix first?   literally of all the effing bugs to fix..they picked that one?   who reported this...? cuz i'd like to make contact with them pass along some suggestions for some bug reports to get submitted..

2019-4-10
Use props
Soterisk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1199685 ft
Cyprus

hallmark007 Posted at 4-10 08:31

Yes i know that but the sensitivity of the sticks are very up, and it was dificult to take a smooth shot!
2019-4-10
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HereForTheBeer Posted at 4-10 10:37
LOL..  never knew the drone had an issue linking in Panama...shoulda guessed with all reports of compass errors in central and south america that panam was the cause...

Me to! If we could get that person to act as our voice maybe some of the simple updates and bug fixes might happen and we wouldn't all have the same conversations over and over and over and over and over (sorry fell asleep there!)

My guess is that the team who deal with bug fixes and re-works are 2 dev eng's who drink too much redbull and complain about the dev op's team who create the software for not testing it properly etc..

I know ive been there! and to be fair to those 2 guys they have to have holiday some time and probably have no say in what goes into the release so I guess we have to be thankful that there are some bug fixes happening, maybe DJI panda et al could draft a list of all the request that have been made (and passed on to engineering support) and create a favourites list where which could be done as a survey where we rank the requested individually based on our own most wanted and then they could collate the data and the highest scores out of list make it into the next update?
(Just dont let us Brits run it otherwise we will might end up with a DJI Brexit! Where nothing will actually happen!HA HA)
2019-4-10
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've not had any issues updating the firmware on my Spark or (so far) my Mavic Air, so have updated. Not sure I've the batteries or range to fly from here to Panama though. Not sure I'll get the chance to test it this weekend, so will see.
2019-4-10
Use props
cjr888
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3686988 ft
  • >>>
Czechia

Never saw anybody mentioning anything about linking problems (whatever it means) in Panama. Now what about fixing the problem with panorama happening since FW 0400?
Screenshot_20190411-080000_Gallery.jpg
2019-4-10
Use props
asaw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1672566 ft
Russia

My MA still yaws some 45 degrees at first takeoff on the .520 FW. Do I need this update in order to fix that, given that I am not going to visit Panama any time soon?
Also, I reconfigured the SPORT switch to switch to ATTI instead of Sport mode (which I am very happy about, and which, BTW, doesn't seem to disable any GPS-related "safety" features, for those who's worried about it). Will this update break this? Or will it allow users to do it using stock DJI software at last?
What is the reason why you prohibited FW downgrades yet again?
2019-4-11
Use props
Cepheroh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1691959 ft

Singapore

I don't visit Panama so no need upgrade.
2019-4-11
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Updated with no issue will have to test to see the difference , but can fly to panama on a single charge so will have to wait until I book a trip there
2019-4-12
Use props
djiuser_hkEVhvWixjVm
New

Mexico

I updated yesterday and now I can't find the panorama mode, at least not where it was before. Any help?
2019-4-12
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Interesting, Given that this update can not be wound back to the previous version, this must be a significant update to the base code.

I wonder what else it "fixes"

Cheers

p.s. I can neither, confirm, nor deny that I have ever been to Panama.
2019-4-13
Use props
DJ-MA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 127713 ft
Netherlands

djiuser_hkEVhvWixjVm Posted at 4-12 17:34
I updated yesterday and now I can't find the panorama mode, at least not where it was before. Any help?

Hi, I found it right were it used to be after upgrading; in picture mode > settings > format (top option, pano is the last mode in the list).
2019-4-15
Use props
Gideon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 45249 ft
  • >>>
Philippines

hallmark007 Posted at 4-10 08:31

Mine it didnt not, only nfz and hieght restrictions.
2019-4-15
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

bjr981s Posted at 4-13 06:14
Interesting, Given that this update can not be wound back to the previous version, this must be a significant update to the base code.

I wonder what else it "fixes"

No such rollback inhibit.
Flash overrides restore orig factory
2019-4-18
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

Interference in the domain roots cause speed delivering fix.
Understand firm commerce dependency(s)
2019-4-18
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 165928 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yesterday I connected everything to do upgrade and dji go 4 after checking firmware version announced that everything is up to date. So no update for me.
2019-4-21
Use props
AIRQUAD
Second Officer
Flight distance : 25751486 ft
Sweden

Updated and test flew with no problem
2019-4-22
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

cutis Posted at 4-18 17:57
No such rollback inhibit.
Flash overrides restore orig factory

I take it english is a second? maybe third language for you?
2019-4-22
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

bjr981s Posted at 4-22 05:37

Nope. Succinct
Programming restricted
2019-4-22
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

cutis Posted at 4-22 15:30
Nope. Succinct
Programming restricted

Non sequitur, communication terminated, you're I/O faulty.
2019-4-25
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

bjr981s Posted at 4-25 03:57
Non sequitur, communication terminated, you're I/O faulty.

you do understand the split crowd:
rollback achieved
rollback unachieved
the haves are content
the have nots are not content
2019-4-25
Use props
Bluehook
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790814 ft
United States

I use both a phone and a tablet to fly my MA.

Will this update go smoothly for both devices?
Are there any special instructions I should know about?

2019-4-26
Use props
Cepheroh
lvl.4

Singapore

Hi Guys,

I opted not to update to this version because I do not fly to Panama and also knowing that this will not allow me to downgrade the firmware in Assistant 2 just incase issues in future. However I started getting my RC beeping quite often and I have to calibrate the RC to remove the beeping noise....I am not sure is this a sign that the APP forcing me to update to the latest version? previously I do not have the beeping sound from RC so often. I am not sure whether you Guys that did not update to the latest version are experiencing the same as me?
2019-4-28
Use props
Cepheroh
lvl.4

Singapore

bjr981s Posted at 4-22 05:37

Me either, having difficulty to digest what he is talking about...
2019-4-28
Use props
mrsr71
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40394 ft
United States

I had to return a one-day-old Mavic Air to DJI yesterday because IT WILL NOT UPDATE. Go4 app up to date and DJI Assistant up-to-date.
I tried at lease a dozen times and when it got to the end, "UPDATE FAILED!" To say I'm pis*ed is an understatement
2019-5-8
Use props
LeftT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1516 ft
United States

Why are there so many firmware updates all the time? It gets a little annoying sometimes...
2019-5-9
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just for the record.  No plans to upgrade here.  

I'm still running the aircraft version released back on March 3, 2018 (vs 01.0.0300) without issues.  Again, I'm in the USA (New Jersey) and just returned from a trip from Hawaii...experiencing no issues on the older aircraft version (per my previous video's published).  Not to say everyone won't benefit from newer firmware but for me....I have no plans to upgrade.

Safe flying everyone!  
2019-5-9
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

FYI:  I sent DJI Support a direct message asking if they made a typo in their original post about;  "...Fixed issue: linking failed when operating in Panama.".

I believe they meant; "Fixed an issue in Panorama Mode".  In another forum/thread I saw at least two (2) user reporting Panorama Mode was NOT displaying in the DJI GO4 APP prior to this firmware release.  

Panorama Mode

Panorama Mode
1.jpg
2019-5-10
Use props
fans530294b0
New
United States

I am new to DJI - just got my MA this morning.
Has anyone noticed the installation is extremely slow - like 3+ minutes per 1% completion? I installed a remote and drone update before this one and it was fast. It also failed the first 3x I tried.  TO be clear, I'm referring to the installation phase - download was fast.
2019-5-10
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Support,

I sent you a PM over the weekend...but in case you missed it.

Regarding the original statement in this announcement (VERY TOP OF PAGE);   Under WHAT'S NEW...you wrote;  "Fixed issue: linking failed when operating in Panama."

I believe they meant; "Fixed an issue in Panorama Mode", but please confirm and fix above if TYPO.  No way you fixed in issue specific to "Panama" (that just doesn't make any sense).  

I assume your fix has to do with the "Panorama" feature not showing up within the DJI GO4 APP...but again, please clarify.  

Thank you!

2019-5-13
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RGMGFitness Posted at 5-13 11:23
DJI Support,

I sent you a PM over the weekend...but in case you missed it.

DJI Support,

Is this being looked into??  
2019-5-20
Use props
Toedles
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7676339 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

RGMGFitness Posted at 5-20 07:57
DJI Support,

Is this being looked into??

It just absolutely grinds me when they just ignore a persons’ questions like that... I asked a question a month ago, nah.....couldn’t bother answering  )-:
2019-5-24
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules