Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Mavic Air Firmware Released (2019/04/10)
34326 64 2019-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Toedles Posted at 5-24 10:35
It just absolutely grinds me when they just ignore a persons’ questions like that... I asked a question a month ago, nah.....couldn’t bother answering  )-:

I just don't understand it.  Even if DJI Support is reaching out to another internal group just put that in the comments.  At least we know someone is looking into this issue and trying to get an answer.  

I've still received no response from DJI on this issue even after direct messaging them and posting in the comments here.  
2019-5-29
Use props
fansc51fa5b6
lvl.2
United States

Unfortunately, after I updated my MA to FW version 620, I get a battery error on every extra battery I have (3) that were not in during the update. After digging around I realize that each battery needs to be in the device during the update. Seems annoying, but reasonable and simple enough. The only problem is, all three extra batteries casue the update to fail whenever I try to refresh FW through Assistant 2. It tells me they need to be charged to at least 50%. They are charged 100%. Tried over and over and over and over and over and over and over. Same thing: gets to 99% and errors out saying battery needs to be charged to at least 50%. Anyone else have this nightmare of problem?
2019-5-29
Use props
fansc51fa5b6
lvl.2
United States

Anyone? Maybe... some... help...
2019-5-29
Use props
fansc51fa5b6
lvl.2
United States

fansc51fa5b6 Posted at 5-29 15:17
Unfortunately, after I updated my MA to FW version 620, I get a battery error on every extra battery I have (3) that were not in during the update. After digging around I realize that each battery needs to be in the device during the update. Seems annoying, but reasonable and simple enough. The only problem is, all three extra batteries casue the update to fail whenever I try to refresh FW through Assistant 2. It tells me they need to be charged to at least 50%. They are charged 100%. Tried over and over and over and over and over and over and over. Same thing: gets to 99% and errors out saying battery needs to be charged to at least 50%. Anyone else have this nightmare of problem?

It is UNDOUBTEDLY an issue with the new firmware's (v620) inability to communicate with the old firmware (v500). I'm guessing it managed to update the initial battery because they were on compatible firmware. then, once the firmware in the drone was updated to v620, it could no longer communicate with the batteries.

In DGI GO 4, it says Battery Error, make sure it's a DJI battery, check connections, etc. and there's no battery information available. It never prompts me about incompatible firmware, though.

In Assistant 2, I am unable to "refresh" the firmware with the non-updated batteries in the drone, most likely because v620 and v500 do not speak the same language.

There is no option to downgrade back to v500 or even v520.

So... I'm screwed?
2019-5-29
Use props
Toedles
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7676339 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

RGMGFitness Posted at 5-29 09:14
I just don't understand it.  Even if DJI Support is reaching out to another internal group just put that in the comments.  At least we know someone is looking into this issue and trying to get an answer.  

I've still received no response from DJI on this issue even after direct messaging them and posting in the comments here.

Oh dear, I hope you get sorted soon ....
2019-5-29
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fansc51fa5b6 Posted at 5-29 15:36
Anyone? Maybe... some... help...

Something out of left field - have you tried formatting the built-in storage?
Also, with the battery in which was updated successfully, set the MA to factory defaults, then try to refresh the firmware again with each other battery.
2019-5-29
Use props
fansc51fa5b6
lvl.2
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 5-29 21:03
Also, with the battery in which was updated successfully, set the MA to factory defaults, then try to refresh the firmware again with each other battery.

Great idea punchbuggy!! Thanks!

I will try after work tonight
2019-5-30
Use props
fansc51fa5b6
lvl.2
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 5-29 21:03

Unfortunately, I tried both ideas and got the same result. Thanks for the moment of hope, though!

This is unbelievable, but not, I guess. I've always read the horror stories like these but never had it happen until now. Looks like I'm screwed out of $250 worth of batteries, cause hearing anything from DJI except "send it in to us and we'll take a look" is likely not going to happen
2019-5-30
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fansc51fa5b6 Posted at 5-30 17:59
Unfortunately, I tried both ideas and got the same result. Thanks for the moment of hope, though!

This is unbelievable, but not, I guess. I've always read the horror stories like these but never had it happen until now. Looks like I'm screwed out of $250 worth of batteries, cause hearing anything from DJI except "send it in to us and we'll take a look" is likely not going to happen

That's not sounding good.

But can I clarify something - the battery error. I think the "must be 50%" message is a generic one which you'll see at the start of a firmware update.

When those batteries are in the MA and you power it and the controller up, do you get a "firmware mismatch" message on DJI GO? If so, then the batteries indeed aren't updated. If you don't get the message, and it's happy to fly, then they have been. It's possible that when it gets to 99% it's actually done it, but the app hasn't registered that the process has finished.

I've seen that before...
2019-5-30
Use props
fansc51fa5b6
lvl.2
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 5-30 19:06
That's not sounding good.

But can I clarify something - the battery error. I think the "must be 50%" message is a generic one which you'll see at the start of a firmware update.

In DJI Go 4, there is no firmware mismatch. It just says "Battery Error" in Go Fly mode (see image screenshot below). This only happens with the three batteries that were not in the MA during the update. No issues with the one battery that was in device during the update.

In Assistant 2, as it downloads the firmware, it says nothing about the battery needing to be 50% (see screenshot). Then, at 99% it fails and says in red "Battery power level must be greater than 50%. Recharge battery and retry." But the battery is charged to 100%.

The issue is that the MA is unable to receive information from any battery that was not in the MA during the firmware update. Period. Full stop. End of story.

I flew the day before with all batteries, had no issues. Updated firmware, and now the three batteries that were not in during the update do not work. One was BRAND NEW.

Tried chatting online and email with DJI and they are so inept and clueless, I swear I'm talking to bot.
This sucks. I appreciate your help Punchbuggy! More than anyone at DJI has done

dpi go 4

dpi go 4

assistant after

assistant after

assistant before

assistant before
2019-5-31
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansc51fa5b6 Posted at 5-31 17:39
In DJI Go 4, there is no firmware mismatch. It just says "Battery Error" in Go Fly mode (see image screenshot below). This only happens with the three batteries that were not in the MA during the update. No issues with the one battery that was in device during the update.

In Assistant 2, as it downloads the firmware, it says nothing about the battery needing to be 50% (see screenshot). Then, at 99% it fails and says in red "Battery power level must be greater than 50%. Recharge battery and retry." But the battery is charged to 100%.

I can't tell from the screen shot but what version of DJI Assistant are you using?  The most recent version of DJI Assistant is 2v1.2.5 (dated 3-27-2019).  Just a thought but make sure your using the most recent version of DJI Assistant while doing the update.

Just a thought....

Alternatively....I assume your having the same issue if you update your firmware via DJI GO4 APP as well?  Perhaps try making the update WITHOUT using DJI Assistant...possibly an alternative solution if you've not yet tried that as well.  

2019-6-3
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansc51fa5b6 Posted at 5-31 17:39
In DJI Go 4, there is no firmware mismatch. It just says "Battery Error" in Go Fly mode (see image screenshot below). This only happens with the three batteries that were not in the MA during the update. No issues with the one battery that was in device during the update.

If that still doesn't work.  Check out this video and jump ahead to 5:42 regarding the 'Incompatibility Error Message'.    You might have to pull the battery a few times....but perhaps this may help you as well.  Just trying to give you options to try and get you back in the air....

P.S.  I know the video is for a different DJI drone...but the problem sounds similar to yours so the solution may be the same.  
2019-6-3
Use props
fansc51fa5b6
lvl.2
United States

RGMGFitness Posted at 6-3 11:20
I can't tell from the screen shot but what version of DJI Assistant are you using?  The most recent version of DJI Assistant is 2v1.2.5 (dated 3-27-2019).  Just a thought but make sure your using the most recent version of DJI Assistant while doing the update.

Just a thought....

Good ideas RGMG! I got excited for second because I am on 1.2.4, but that is the most recent version for a Mac, so I am as up to date as possible. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if this somehow related to the issue.

DJI insists that my batteries failed. Of course. Completely illogical and damn near impossible that three batteries would fail at the same time, one of which was BRAND NEW. Especially considering the fact that the only battery that "talks" to DJI Go 4 or Assistant 2 is the one that was in doing the FW update. They really do provide the absolute worst customer service ever. Pretty much worthless, really.

To reiterate, The batteries work, they just do not communicate any information to either DJI Go 4 or Assistant 2 app.

When I try to update through DJI GO 4, by pressing and holding the three lines in the upper right corner, I get this:
2019-6-5
Use props
fansc51fa5b6
lvl.2
United States

RGMGFitness Posted at 6-3 11:39
If that still doesn't work.  Check out this video and jump ahead to 5:42 regarding the 'Incompatibility Error Message'.    You might have to pull the battery a few times....but perhaps this may help you as well.  Just trying to give you options to try and get you back in the air....

https://youtu.be/EU8WYKUXOaU

This definitely seems like the issue! I'm just not getting the incompatibility prompt. Now I just need to take the battery out and put it back in until it prompts me I guess. fingers crossed!
2019-6-5
Use props
fansc51fa5b6
lvl.2
United States

fansc51fa5b6 Posted at 6-5 18:51
This definitely seems like the issue! I'm just not getting the incompatibility prompt. Now I just need to take the battery out and put it back in until it prompts me I guess. fingers crossed!

Yeah, no dice. Unless you need to take it out and reseat it over 100 times.

Whatever the case is, I updated to 620 on a Mac with all the latest software and now the only battery that Assistant 2 or DJI GO 4 can "talk" with is the one that was in it during the update. The other three are borked. No option to downgrade.

Stuck and super bummed. DJI support is so horrendous. This is really the pits, man.
2019-6-5
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansc51fa5b6 Posted at 6-5 19:25
Yeah, no dice. Unless you need to take it out and reseat it over 100 times.

Whatever the case is, I updated to 620 on a Mac with all the latest software and now the only battery that Assistant 2 or DJI GO 4 can "talk" with is the one that was in it during the update. The other three are borked. No option to downgrade.

Sorry, it didn't help.  If I think of anything else I'll let you know.  Yes, DJI makes a decent product but their customer support is terrible.  No denying that...
2019-6-7
Use props
fansc51fa5b6
lvl.2
United States

RGMGFitness Posted at 6-7 10:46
Sorry, it didn't help.  If I think of anything else I'll let you know.  Yes, DJI makes a decent product but their customer support is terrible.  No denying that...

No worries. I really appreciate the effort. Some great ideas. I'm lagging on sending it to DJI hoping that they'll come out with a .630 version or something. lol. It's out of warranty so I reckon that they'll end up charging me.

I'd love to hear from other people about their experience updating multiple batteries. Hard to imagine it's anything but the firmware update.

That three of my four batteries are all experiencing the exact same thing after a firmware update, that one of those batteries was brand new, and that the only battery that still works is the one that was used to do the update, hardly seems like coincidence.
2019-6-19
Use props
djiuser_go4YiSEnNNVi
lvl.1

Australia

djiuser_hkEVhvWixjVm Posted at 4-12 17:34
I updated yesterday and now I can't find the panorama mode, at least not where it was before. Any help?

Hi
You need to change camera image size to 16:9 and then the pano choice turns up in photo choices.
2019-8-10
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

GeeEachPromptReceivedForFirmwareUpdateHas"Ignore"
HaveYetReceived"Requiremental"MustFlashDemands
ButThatChipGetsFlakyLosingDedicatedPreciousRomCode
SoYouEndUpRepairingResolvingCorruptionRomViaAsst2Flashing
UnderstandTheFreshCopyIsDrawnOutFromTheWeb
AndThusYouHaveNoGuaranteeItIsCarbonCopyAuthenticity
NormallyYouWouldRetainTheIdenticalAuthenticCopyOnPcMassStorage
ThisMeansTheWebProvidedVersionNameIsRetainedButThereIsNoGuarensOfTheContent(Doctored)
SheeshThatsWhyTheWebRepositsOfPastSoftArchivesPostUse@YourOwnRisk
2019-12-16
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

TheLocalAdsHereShowAnIncreaseInDroneOffloadingFullGamut
ItsBecauseOfParanoia
2019-12-16
Use props
pkw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 858707 ft
Denmark

Anyone have heard any rumors if / when next firmware update will be?
2019-12-18
Use props
Guillo10
lvl.3
Flight distance : 413 ft
Argentina

hola

Esta es la ultima actualización disponible ?

Gracias
2020-1-15
Use props
tac7557
lvl.2
United States

Just a little update on my firmware adventure... If you scroll back you can see exactly what happened. Short story, after update, the only battery that I can get to work is the one in the Mavic Air during the update. I even bought 3 more and none of them are recognized by DJIGO or able to be fw refreshed. Just sent a second email to DJI. Never got a reply to my first one. This sucks.
2020-1-25
Use props
djiuser_T71DSHcjJIN7
New
Flight distance : 375702 ft
United Kingdom

if they have got panama and panorama mixed up do you trust the coding on this update
2020-4-19
Use props
djiuser_jGqNMOmMp8zp
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2498917 ft

United States

How exactly did you configure your Sport mode switch to ATTi?
2020-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules