Ronin S indefinite motor problem
1418 8 2019-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gpap
lvl.2
Greece

I am a very upset DJI user. I own a lot of DJI products and i am very unhappy of DJI’s behaviour.
  I purchased a Ronin S. The second or third time i used it i noticed  something going on with the motors. Something like the motor was stoping  and starting immediately, like a quick stuck at the movement. The  problem occurs always when i make a move from the center to the upper  left or right. It also appears when Ronin is slightly tilted to the  front with camera looking towards the sky and try to do a complete  rotation 360 with the joystick.

The technician of the shop as well as the owner of the shop witnessed  the malfunction. It is something hard to describe in words but it is  obvious for someone to feel it. Ronin was sent TWICE to DJI’s  service(with the problem described from the shop i purchased Ronin and  from me through an email) and the answer was that it is operating fine. I  paid for a necessary tool for my job, left for more than 2 months  without it and no i got it back. I considered this behaviour totally  unprofessional and unacceptable. If i could show myself the problem to  DJI i would but unfortunately in Greece there is not an official service  point or so.

In addition to this, i got another problem (please see the video attached).
video
Ronin Excellent balanced at all axis, see photo attached.
Photo 10-04-2019, 19 14 20.png
I would please like to have your suggestions.

2019-4-10
Use props
gpap
lvl.2
Greece

2019-4-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi gpap, we apologize for the unpleasant experience with Ronin-S, Ronin-S will alarm when the gimbal is not balanced.
Please check the balance this way: take something like the included charger and place it under one of the tripod legs and hold the handle. With your other hand, go into the App and run the Auto Tune and balance test. All 3 axes should be Excellent if properly balanced.
After it is balanced properly, please check if these two issues will happen again. Thank you.
2019-4-10
Use props
gpap
lvl.2
Greece

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-10 23:20
Hi gpap, we apologize for the unpleasant experience with Ronin-S, Ronin-S will alarm when the gimbal is not balanced.
Please check the balance this way: take something like the included charger and place it under one of the tripod legs and hold the handle. With your other hand, go into the App and run the Auto Tune and balance test. All 3 axes should be Excellent if properly balanced.
After it is balanced properly, please check if these two issues will happen again. Thank you.

Thank you for your reply. I did this procedure and got excellent on all axis at the balance test with the charger under the one leg. The problem on the video seems to be solved. Although the other problem with the weird behavior of the motor still remains, with the joystick and on hand. I can provide you with the number on the service tag, i really dont know what to do, the shop can see my problem but they cannot replace my ronin because DJI cannot see it. please help.
2019-4-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

gpap Posted at 4-11 13:00
Thank you for your reply. I did this procedure and got excellent on all axis at the balance test with the charger under the one leg. The problem on the video seems to be solved. Although the other problem with the weird behavior of the motor still remains, with the joystick and on hand. I can provide you with the number on the service tag, i really dont know what to do, the shop can see my problem but they cannot replace my ronin because DJI cannot see it. please help.

Please provide us the case number and a short video of your first issue, thank you.
2019-4-12
Use props
gpap
lvl.2
Greece

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-12 04:21
Please provide us the case number and a short video of your first issue, thank you.

CA S-25 20 963-
F8J4X9
Unfortunately the problem is visible, you can only feel it on your hand when operating. I bought Ronin S from heliland.com, when i noticed the problem i visited this shop and both the technician and the owner witnessed and confirmed the existence. It would be very easy for me to show it to someone in person but there is not DJI in Greece.
2019-4-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

gpap Posted at 4-12 10:04
CA S-25 20 963-
F8J4X9
Unfortunately the problem is visible, you can only feel it on your hand when operating. I bought Ronin S from heliland.com, when i noticed the problem i visited this shop and both the technician and the owner witnessed and confirmed the existence. It would be very easy for me to show it to someone in person but there is not DJI in Greece.

Thanks for the case number, your concern will be escalated to the appropriate department to follow up, but since this case is registered by your dealer in the system, the team will contact your dealer, thanks for your understanding and patience.
2019-4-14
Use props
gpap
lvl.2
Greece

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-14 23:58
Thanks for the case number, your concern will be escalated to the appropriate department to follow up, but since this case is registered by your dealer in the system, the team will contact your dealer, thanks for your understanding and patience.

Thank you for your reply, i hope DJI will provide us  a  solution soon
2019-4-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

gpap Posted at 4-15 00:51
Thank you for your reply, i hope DJI will provide us  a  solution soon

I see the team has contacted you, hope it will be solved this time.
2019-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules