Interference in the red zone.
712 12 2019-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Artur-13
lvl.1

Netherlands

Hello. Recently bought a drone. After buying checked - everything was fine. 5 days I traveled by car around the country and the drone was in the car. Today turned on the drone. There was a compass error. Calibrated the compass - it did not help. Interference in the red zone. How to fix it? (Mav Air)
2019-4-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. May we know if the calibration of the compass was successful? Have you tried to calibrate the compass in an open area wherein there are no interferences such as a metal object or radio frequency? You could refer to the images below for our recommendation and procedure of the compass calibration. Please let us know the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.

2019-4-10
Use props
Ridg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232306 ft
United Kingdom

Have you tried in a different location?
2019-4-11
Use props
Artur-13
lvl.1

Netherlands

DJI Tony Posted at 4-10 10:26
Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. May we know if the calibration of the compass was successful? Have you tried to calibrate the compass in an open area wherein there are no interferences such as a metal object or radio frequency? You could refer to the images below for our recommendation and procedure of the compass calibration. Please let us know the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.

[view_image]

I did everything according to the instructions. The calibration was successful. Interference remained in the red zone. What to do next?
2019-4-18
Use props
Artur-13
lvl.1

Netherlands

Ridg Posted at 4-11 02:20
Have you tried in a different location?

How to understand elsewhere? I tried in the park and in the forest.
2019-4-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Artur-13 Posted at 4-18 09:38
I did everything according to the instructions. The calibration was successful. Interference remained in the red zone. What to do next?

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The interferences would depend on the environment and we could only get rid of the interference via changing the location. I would recommend flying your drone in an open area wherein there are no interferences to avoid the incident. Normally, the aircraft would not allow you to take off due to the restriction zone, however, you may request for possible unlocking the location through email which is flysafe@dji.com. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.
2019-4-18
Use props
Artur-13
lvl.1

Netherlands

DJI Tony Posted at 4-18 13:01
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The interferences would depend on the environment and we could only get rid of the interference via changing the location. I would recommend flying your drone in an open area wherein there are no interferences to avoid the incident. Normally, the aircraft would not allow you to take off due to the restriction zone, however, you may request for possible unlocking the location through email which is flysafe@dji.com. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.

I changed 8 takeoff locations today. Nothing helped. Maybe the compass is broken?
2019-4-19
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

Where are u on this planet?
Rumania?
Area51?
Saipan?
Tierra del Fuego?
2019-4-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Artur-13 Posted at 4-19 08:53
I changed 8 takeoff locations today. Nothing helped. Maybe the compass is broken?

Hi, we do apologize for the late response. Would it be possible if you could provide us with a screenshot showing the error message on the application? Please keep us posted on the latest progress.
2019-4-22
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Artur-13 Posted at 4-19 08:53

Anything added on to your Mavic Air since start of trip?

Did you have any strong magnets in car near Mavic Air?
2019-4-22
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Artur-13 Posted at 4-18 09:38

To make sure it is Mavic Air, and not a App glitch.

Can you try running GO-4 on another SmartDevice?
Or perhaps deleting GO-4 from your SmartDevice, and reinstalling it?

As DJI has suggested numerous times, try refreshing or reloading current firmware on your Mavic  Air.
2019-4-22
Use props
Artur-13
lvl.1

Netherlands

Thanks for the help. I was helped by a degaussing device. Cfixer
2019-5-4
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

Artur-13 Posted at 5-4 08:56
Thanks for the help. I was helped by a degaussing device. Cfixer

Was a ring (circular hoop) degaussing tool?
2019-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules