2286 11 2019-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Greg - TheHuski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

G'day everyone...

Just a quick question.   We are flying from Australia to Greece in a few weeks and I hope to take some drone footage while I am there.  Do i need to change the mode (FCC or CE) whilst I am in Greece or will the drone/app do it itself???...   Pretty sure I read we use CE in Australia (Correct me if I'm worong)...   
Cheers..

2019-4-10
Use props
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Flight distance : 636663 ft
Japan

When you start the AC in the new location, the app will find out from the GPS coordinates where you are. It will then switch the connection if the regulations from the country of origin are different. You will get a prompt on the app notifying you about this. Once you click OK, the RC will disconnect with the AC and then establish connection again in the new mode.
But I am not sure which modes are followed in Australia and Greece and so can't tell for sure if the connection will really switch.
2019-4-10
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

If it's trying to switch from FCC to CE, don't accept when the message comes up.  You will have greater range that way and to my knowledge there's no way anyone will know what you selected.
2019-4-10
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
Second Officer
Australia

nilanjan118 Posted at 4-10 20:41
When you start the AC in the new location, the app will find out from the GPS coordinates where you are. It will then switch the connection if the regulations from the country of origin are different. You will get a prompt on the app notifying you about this. Once you click OK, the RC will disconnect with the AC and then establish connection again in the new mode.
But I am not sure which modes are followed in Australia and Greece and so can't tell for sure if the connection will really switch.

Cool thanks for the info...  Guess will have to see when i turn it on in Greece.. Cheers.
2019-4-11
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
Second Officer
Australia

Rustic17 Posted at 4-10 21:31
If it's trying to switch from FCC to CE, don't accept when the message comes up.  You will have greater range that way and to my knowledge there's no way anyone will know what you selected.

Will it fly ok though in either???..  
2019-4-11
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
United Kingdom

Greg - TheHuski Posted at 4-11 00:56
Will it fly ok though in either???..

it will fly ok. the difference is FCC will give you more transmission power meaning more range
2019-4-11
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
Second Officer
Australia

dj_dread Posted at 4-11 02:26
it will fly ok. the difference is FCC will give you more transmission power meaning more range

Thanks for the info..      In Greece without a permit you can only fly legally 49m (law says under 50m) away from the Controller in any direction.    I guess FCC or CE won't matter for that distance.   As long as neither mode causes a issue i'm fine with it
2019-4-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Good day Greg - TheHuski. Thank you for reaching your concern to us. Please kindly note that users cannot switch between FCC and CE manually. The remote controller will enable FCC or CE mode based on your location in accordance with local laws and regulations. In addition, Australia is using a CE if you are currently in 2.4GHz and FCC for 5.8GHz while Greece is using both CE for 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz. If you should have any other concern you feel free to post here in the forum and we are happy to assist you. Have a safe and happy flying always!
2019-4-11
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

The drone will try to do that automatic:

The App Version (Droids) is letting you cancel or just accept this.If just "ok" shows, you may not be able to stop that from happening.
My versions still offer "cancel"
(4.1.15/4.2.21 on Androids)

Edit: You could install theDJI Go4 mod 2.0 aside the other version on your device (android only ;-)
This way, you CAN switch it back to FCC whenever you use the app
It is illegal, however, in europe to fly in FCC mode ;-)
But it is also needed to get permissions in Greece, to fly legally.
So ......
2019-4-11
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-11 08:58
Hi, Good day Greg - TheHuski. Thank you for reaching your concern to us. Please kindly note that users cannot switch between FCC and CE manually. The remote controller will enable FCC or CE mode based on your location in accordance with local laws and regulations. In addition, Australia is using a CE if you are currently in 2.4GHz and FCC for 5.8GHz while Greece is using both CE for 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz. If you should have any other concern you feel free to post here in the forum and we are happy to assist you. Have a safe and happy flying always!

Thank you for the information
2019-4-11
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
Second Officer
Australia

S-e-ven Posted at 4-11 09:49
The drone will try to do that automatic:
[view_image]
The App Version (Droids) is letting you cancel or just accept this.If just "ok" shows, you may not be able to stop that from happening.

Thanks for the picture...  and info..  Cheers.
2019-4-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Greg - TheHuski Posted at 4-11 14:43
Thank you for the information

You're very much welcome! Have a good one.
2019-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules