4707 6 2019-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
drone.archaryaa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5961270 ft
  • >>>
India

My CINESSD STATION (thunderbolt version) is not getting detected on windows 10 system. It has greed LED lit up when its connected to the computer. However SSD does not show up in file explorer nor in device manager. Any solution for this?

2019-4-11
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

did you try finding it in disk management ? does it get detected there ? did you try a different computer to confirm it works at all ?

i remember when connecting it to a mac it only showed up when the green light started to flicker ... this indicates access to the drive - sometimes re inserting the ssd
into the reader helped it to connect

2019-4-11
Use props
drone.archaryaa
lvl.2
  • >>>
India

Flo the Pirate Posted at 4-11 01:19
did you try finding it in disk management ? does it get detected there ? did you try a different computer to confirm it works at all ?

i remember when connecting it to a mac it only showed up when the green light started to flicker ... this indicates access to the drive - sometimes re inserting the ssd

Well, it does not show up in disk management with current SSD. I have tried on another computer with other SSD as well it works fine. This is happening only with the particular SSD.
2019-4-11
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

that sounds like the problem is the ssd ... if there is no important footage on it I would try to format it again ( also this doesn´t make to much sense as it should show up in
disk management even if it has a corrupt directory or was formatted in a way your OS can not read) ...

did the ssd get dropped ? I once killed a red mag leaving it in the reader for several days and probably killed it by overheating .... the reader looks the same with only passive cooling rips
and no fan ...

still ... you haven´t tried with that "other" ssd on your computer so there could still be a problem with the driver and your "broken" ssd could be fine   ... I really hope it´s that
2019-4-11
Use props
drone.archaryaa
lvl.2
  • >>>
India

Flo the Pirate Posted at 4-11 01:52
that sounds like the problem is the ssd ... if there is no important footage on it I would try to format it again ( also this doesn´t make to much sense as it should show up in
disk management even if it has a corrupt directory or was formatted in a way your OS can not read) ...

I can format the drive since the footage was moved already. Provided it get detected in OS. I have tried disk management as well as DISKPART but no success. Not really mishandled as such. I am going to try this in the MAC and see if it works there.
2019-4-11
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

drone.archaryaa Posted at 4-11 03:06
I can format the drive since the footage was moved already. Provided it get detected in OS. I have tried disk management as well as DISKPART but no success. Not really mishandled as such. I am going to try this in the MAC and see if it works there.

you can also format the ssd inside the inspire and while you are powered up check if you can record to it or not ...
2019-4-11
Use props
MauPhoto
lvl.1

United States

My computer (Lenovo Yoga 730-15)  had a protection protocol that prevented unknown hardware to connect to it.  Like an 2 layer of protection.  I had to find the tiny icon on the bottom bar.  When I opened it found an area (in blue) that said "Disconnected". Click on that one and grant permissions to that particular hardware to connect to the computer.  Permission granted and the computer was able to read the cinessd, in this case as E: drive.  Now that blue word say "Connected"  In my case the bottleneck was my PC... being extra cautious...  Attached a picture of how that "Attached Thunderbolt Devices"  look like.   I know the post is old but I was looking on forums all over.  No solutions out there.
I found the solution by digging in my computer a bit more.   Hope this help someone.
2020-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules