Insurance Recommendation - State Farm Said No
963 15 2019-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MRomine
Second Officer
Flight distance : 850971 ft
United States

I know many of you are  using State Farm insurance for commercial drone insurance so I tried to get a quote from my local agent but they said that becasue of the newness of this field and becasue of the lasrge number of drone accidents that they would not be willing to insure me for either recreational or commercial usage. (I live in the town where the State Farm HQ is located). So looking fro other recomendations, what are you using?
2019-4-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. We're hoping that you could get the best recommendation for you to purchase an Insurance of your drone. You may consider as well our DJI care refresh that could provide a protection plan on your drone. DJI Care Refresh is a service plan that provides y covering damage to your DJI product. DJI Care Refresh is valid for 12 months and offers up to two full replacements at an additional charge if accidental damage occurs to your product during normal use. Each time you request a replacement, you’ll receive a replacement unit that is new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability. However, as of the time being, DJI Care Refresh is only available to customers from the U.S., Canada, EU countries, Switzerland, Norway, the UK, Australia, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Mainland China. You can check whether DJI Care Refresh is available in your country on the DJI Store. Thank you for continued support.
2019-4-11
Use props
MRomine
Second Officer
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-11 09:52
Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. We're hoping that you could get the best recommendation for you to purchase an Insurance of your drone. You may consider as well our DJI care refresh that could provide a protection plan on your drone. DJI Care Refresh is a service plan that provides y covering damage to your DJI product. DJI Care Refresh is valid for 12 months and offers up to two full replacements at an additional charge if accidental damage occurs to your product during normal use. Each time you request a replacement, you’ll receive a replacement unit that is new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability. However, as of the time being, DJI Care Refresh is only available to customers from the U.S., Canada, EU countries, Switzerland, Norway, the UK, Australia, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Mainland China. You can check whether DJI Care Refresh is available in your country on the DJI Store. Thank you for continued support.

Thank you Tony, I was planning on purchasing that option when I purchase my new drone but the more serious concern is liability insurance. The cost of replacing a new drone is mcc more plantable than paying for someone's injury or property damage.
2019-4-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

MRomine Posted at 4-11 09:57
Thank you Tony, I was planning on purchasing that option when I purchase my new drone but the more serious concern is liability insurance. The cost of replacing a new drone is mcc more plantable than paying for someone's injury or property damage.

Thanks for the response. We're sure that our valued DJI Forum would provide suggestion on where you could possibly have insurance on your drone,  May you please always have a safe flight! Cheers!
2019-4-11
Use props
Viper Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 31644 ft
United States

I used to have a specific rider on my State Farm Home Owners ins. policy .  Cancelled that rider when I sold the drone.  However, my new State Farm Home Owners policy has a clause included that provides coverage for my Mavic 2 Pro when flown for recreational purposes.  Don't believe it has any coverage for commercial purposes.
2019-4-11
Use props
timtwomey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2164206 ft
United States

For the liability and some other coverage, join AMA (Academy of Model Aeronautics) for $75/$65 seniors. Includes:
Liability Coverage for the Operation of Model Aircraft, Boats, Cars, and Rockets
$2,500,000 Comprehensive General Liability Protection for model activities for members, clubs, site owners, and sponsors
$25,000 Accident/Medical Coverage for members
$10,000 Maximum Accidental Death Coverage for members
$1,000 Fire, Theft, and Vandalism Coverage for members
2019-4-11
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

timtwomey Posted at 4-11 15:02
For the liability and some other coverage, join AMA (Academy of Model Aeronautics) for $75/$65 seniors. Includes:
Liability Coverage for the Operation of Model Aircraft, Boats, Cars, and Rockets
$2,500,000 Comprehensive General Liability Protection for model activities for members, clubs, site owners, and sponsors

Thanks for sharing this.
2019-4-11
Use props
Todd Felmly
lvl.2
Flight distance : 857162 ft
United States

Maybe find another agent? I have homeowners and auto with SF. Called my agent and bought a Personal Articles Policy for my Mavic Pro Platinum. $1300 (USD) worth of coverage, $0 deductible for $60 a year and this was just a few days ago. Underwriter confirmed if anything happens, I'd be covered. Probably don't want to use it unless absolutely necessary as they may not renew your new drone if you make a claim. Because of that I also purchased DJI Refresh. And I have a umbrella policy for liability which wasn't that much. That way I'm covered no matter what!
2019-4-12
Use props
MRomine
Second Officer
United States

Todd Felmly Posted at 4-12 06:55
Maybe find another agent? I have homeowners and auto with SF. Called my agent and bought a Personal Articles Policy for my Mavic Pro Platinum. $1300 (USD) worth of coverage, $0 deductible for $60 a year and this was just a few days ago. Underwriter confirmed if anything happens, I'd be covered. Probably don't want to use it unless absolutely necessary as they may not renew your new drone if you make a claim. Because of that I also purchased DJI Refresh. And I have a umbrella policy for liability which wasn't that much. That way I'm covered no matter what!

You would think that my agent who's office is in the same town as the HQ for StateFarm and less than six blocks from the corporate office would be able to give me something. Especially since I am a 30+ year client.
2019-4-12
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good info to know
2019-4-13
Use props
MRomine
Second Officer
United States

Todd Felmly Posted at 4-12 06:55

You say you have an umbrella policy for liability, is that also with State Farm and is that part of your homeowners policy?
2019-4-13
Use props
Todd Felmly
lvl.2
United States

MRomine Posted at 4-13 06:00
You say you have an umbrella policy for liability, is that also with State Farm and is that part of your homeowners policy?

Yes the umbrella is with State Farm and is a separate plan from my homeowners. $1,000,000 in coverage for about $138 a year.
2019-4-13
Use props
JHollimanPhoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 82802 ft
United States

is SF coverage international?
2019-4-14
Use props
MRomine
Second Officer
United States

JHollimanPhoto Posted at 4-14 22:50
is SF coverage international?

My SF agent said that they would not attempt to cover anything internationally.
2019-4-15
Use props
Daystrom
lvl.2
United States

I can't confirm but I thought they would cover you if you were travelling out of the country. At least from what I've read.
2019-4-15
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

You must live in California ?
2019-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules