Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Flying USA
761 5 2019-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4b62ed86
Second Officer
Flight distance : 316545 ft
United Kingdom

Hey guys, advice please.

Im UK based, but planning a road trip in September to USA, starting at Miami and travelling across to San Francisco, 3 week trip by car.

I want to take my Mavic - do I need to register or get a permit etc.

I know you cant fly in National Parks, but what about elsewhere.

Any help would be welcomed.

Thanks in advance - Buzz
2019-4-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Good day Buzz. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope you'll get the best recommendation here from our valued DJI Members and Customers who have been to Miami and San Francisco and brought there Drones with them. In addition, the best way to know how to pack and bring your drone to the USA is to contact your local airport authority and the airlines customer service to know all the rules and regulations on this matter. I will also post a link wherein you can check locations in the USA on where you can fly your drone freely or if that certain location is a no-fly zone. Thank you for your support and have a safe and happy flying in the USA.

https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map
2019-4-11
Use props
ro_flyer
Captain
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

You must register with FAA. You can do this online, is simple, quick and cost 5 bucks... also have to stick the reg # in a visible part of the A/C... Use Airmap app to check no fly / restricted areas, in FAA you can check the general guidelines, do not call unnecessary attention to yourself, fly safe, have a great trip!!!
2019-4-11
Use props
ff22
Captain
United States

Check for local regulations.  For instance, Seattle has banned all flying in public spaces including streets, parks, waterfront.  I understand that supposedly you can take off from private property with permission and then possibly fly out over public spaces but ....

Enjoy and if You've never been to the US before, the National Parks in the west, even without flying, are incredible.  Bryce, Zion, Canyonlands, Arches, the Grand Canyon, and Yosemite.  
2019-4-11
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Guess this thread can help you a little bit.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=185432
2019-4-17
Use props
seeker_ktf_
Captain
Flight distance : 218474 ft
United States

In the US, every state has slightly different regulations.  I fly in Florida, Georgia, and my home here in Texas.  I don't know if you plan on flying in rural areas but local authorities seem to be more "in charge" then the law might indicate.  After you register with the FAA you can download your "registration card' as a pdf, and print it out.  I actually laminated mine and I keep it in easily accessible while flying (not a wallet, but a rt pocket or even a lanyard) while flying.  If anyone in law enforcement comes by and they ask if you have a license, just pull it out.  I have done that *twice* now, and in both cases I feel like it made a difference.  People here like to know that you respect the law and that you want to do things the right way, and aren't just trying to stir up trouble.
2019-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules