Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Second flight. A bit concerned. Blackness Scotland.
780 9 2019-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tomasz Laptas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2275102 ft
United Kingdom

Second time out with Spark.

After waiting long time to get it fixed I had a chance to take it out for a proper flight.
Few concerrns arised:

-image lagging, very bad at some point

-loosing connection with controller
-app crashed in the middle of flight

2019-4-11
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Captain
Flight distance : 106526 ft
Canada

First, really nice video for your second time out. Nicely done.

I'm not a proper advisor here but I can tell you that you need to provide more details, like iPhone or Android for a start. Best of luck with it.
2019-4-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Good day Tomasz Laptas. Thank you for sharing this wonderful video to us. I just want to add few info about your concern. May I ask if the file in the SD card is also affected by this laggy image?. If no, The location where you are flying the said drone might have signal interference that is affecting the drone and it's connection. Please note that magnetic interference can have a bad effect on image transmission and it can cause disconnection. I would recommend you fly in a place with a good GPS signal. In addition, What kind of mobile device are you currently using to run your DJI go 4 app? Is it Android or IOS?. Please keep us posted for us to further rectify this issue. Have a safe and happy flight always!
2019-4-11
Use props
Warriewoodlad
First Officer
Flight distance : 625230 ft
Australia

Great video of a great location - thanks for sharing.
As Prairie Chicken says, we need more details before we can offer suggestions, eg. if you have an Android phone then a cable connection for phone video may help.
2019-4-11
Use props
Arnie R
Captain
Flight distance : 80958 ft
United States

Nice video and good selection of the music.
2019-4-11
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Stunning video
2019-4-11
Use props
Tomasz Laptas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2275102 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-11 13:53
Hi, Good day Tomasz Laptas. Thank you for sharing this wonderful video to us. I just want to add few info about your concern. May I ask if the file in the SD card is also affected by this laggy image?. If no, The location where you are flying the said drone might have signal interference that is affecting the drone and it's connection. Please note that magnetic interference can have a bad effect on image transmission and it can cause disconnection. I would recommend you fly in a place with a good GPS signal. In addition, What kind of mobile device are you currently using to run your DJI go 4 app? Is it Android or IOS?. Please keep us posted for us to further rectify this issue. Have a safe and happy flight always!

Thank you so much for your time and all the advice guys.
Sorry about the lack of the detail, so i used iPhone 6S connected via OTG cable, used in  flight mode, WIFI and Bluetooth, both switched off. There was 18 satellites according to App.
It lost connection within 120-130m at some point, and then in a much more less distance also.
I have to admit that image feed is lagging a lot which makes recording very difficult and frustrating. Cache to the phone switched wwas off.
Flight location was on the beach and massive flat grassy area, no aerials, metal constructions or tall buildings around.
I have to admit that it freaked me out when I lost connection and screen went black but managed to get it back after couple of seconds.
When the App crashed i had to fly it back without any feed from the phone, just RC.
I'm not trying to be skeptic despite of buying already a faulty product (RC had to be send for repair straight away), but this issues don't make things any better.
I don't think i can trust it actually.
2019-4-12
Use props
Gunship9
Captain
United States

Tomasz Laptas Posted at 4-12 05:15
Thank you so much for your time and all the advice guys.
Sorry about the lack of the detail, so i used iPhone 6S connected via OTG cable, used in  flight mode, WIFI and Bluetooth, both switched off. There was 18 satellites according to App.
It lost connection within 120-130m at some point, and then in a much more less distance also.

How busy were the channels the drone used according to the app's channel page?  It will tell you how open or noisy the channels are that the Spark is using.  A sloppy ship/fishing boat radar in the area blasting noise on all channels?

If the problem of poor signal link keeps happening at several locations, then there might be an issue with the remote's radio or the drone's radio.  Remember that you have two radio links going at once.  One for the drone's control that is to the drone.  And one that the drone sends back with video and flight information.  Likely, the weaker drone's radio signal is what is lost first.

Takes guts to fly a drone near water when the connection is iffy.  For drones, it is like flying over lava.
2019-4-12
Use props
Tentoes
Captain
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Video lag on display: Get an OTG cable. I got one from ebay for $2 and it solved that. This can help with range too as the remote doesn't have two wifi signals going.

Contact with remote: Um. You seem to have covered some distance.  Remember to keep the remote's antenna "pointed" 90 degrees to the path to the drone.

Be careful about flying over water. "If you don't want to land on it, don't fly over it."
2019-4-12
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Very nice video, nicely done
2019-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules