POLL:Which Video Mode do you use most and why - D-Cine vs Normal
2294 8 2019-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJDream
lvl.3
Israel

Which Video Mode do you use mostly (1 or 2 possible answers) : When (in which conditions) and Why - D-Cine vs Normal?
Multiple choiceVote: ( Up to 2 entry optional ), Total 25 people participate in voting
28.57% (8)
3.57% (1)
67.86% (19)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2019-4-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Good day DJDream. Thank you for reaching out and for creating this poll. I hope you'll get the best answer and information here from our valued DJI Members and Customers. Thank you for your support.
2019-4-11
Use props
John Walker
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Normal is fine for what I do.  I use Adobe Premiere Elements which doesn't handle LUTs (as far as I know anyway)
2019-4-12
Use props
John Walker
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Duplicate post  (Can't find delete)
2019-4-12
Use props
fishyfish
lvl.1
Poland

Using D-cinelike when I know how I want it to look after post. (for example all my youtube videos)
I also use D-cinelike when recording in low light and use LUTs in post.
Normal mode is pretty good actually.
2019-4-12
Use props
cEQtBhqjyKJB
lvl.3
Canada

fishyfish Posted at 4-12 06:34
Using D-cinelike when I know how I want it to look after post. (for example all my youtube videos)
I also use D-cinelike when recording in low light and use LUTs in post.
Normal mode is pretty good actually.

When using D-cinelike with ND filter and manual settings for 4k/24fps and 1/50 shutter speed and 100 iso, does one still need to keep the exposure value between -0.7 to +0.7?   

I find when using regular color and D-cinelike color profile, the exposure values change quite abit... is that normal?
2019-4-13
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

cEQtBhqjyKJB Posted at 4-13 20:32
When using D-cinelike with ND filter and manual settings for 4k/24fps and 1/50 shutter speed and 100 iso, does one still need to keep the exposure value between -0.7 to +0.7?   

I find when using regular color and D-cinelike color profile, the exposure values change quite abit... is that normal?

Yes Cinelike D usually +0.7 higher than nomal color. Cause it generally lighten the shadow details.
+0.7 is usually fine for me as long as there is no clipping.
2019-4-15
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 40866 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I was thinking of switching to 24p and Cine D like. Hopefully more cinematic. Any ideas or comments?
2019-4-15
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

TheCameraGuy Posted at 4-15 07:21
I was thinking of switching to 24p and Cine D like. Hopefully more cinematic. Any ideas or comments?

I also made switch to 24P and Cinelike-D as soon as it is updated.
You will often use ND64 and still over exposed.
24P might look jittery when shooting fast close panning object.
In high contrast situation, Cinelike D can introduce noise in shadows and normal color might work better.

But in the end, it worth the hassle.
2019-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules