i have a question
535 7 2019-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
D2_cayde
lvl.4
United States

what kind of app you guys use to check the area before you launch your drone, becasue there are some places that i want to fly my drone for video's and photo's etc, but im very concern about the area that i live (california san diego) and another question that ive been meaning to ask that with the FAA, what are the requirement's to have a FAA license and do you have to pay for the license? please answer this, it would very much help me.
2019-4-11
Use props
Bender1031
lvl.4
Flight distance : 209938 ft
United States

I use the DJI GO 4 app to check the area, or I use an app called B4UFly (for ios).  To register with the FAA go here https://www.faa.gov/uas/getting_started/register_drone/
2019-4-11
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

I use AirMap (you can see when at the location you're at or you can scroll the map the night before and checkout the area you plan to fly at)...there's also the FAA app B4UFly.....you have to have a license and I think it's $5.00.  The number you get can be used for all your drones.
2019-4-11
Use props
D2_cayde
lvl.4
United States

Bender1031 Posted at 4-11 17:00
I use the DJI GO 4 app to check the area, or I use an app called B4UFly (for ios).  To register with the FAA go here https://www.faa.gov/uas/getting_started/register_drone/

do you use the gps map, is that what you meant ?  and thank you for tha faa link buddy
2019-4-11
Use props
D2_cayde
lvl.4
United States

Rustic17 Posted at 4-11 17:03
I use AirMap (you can see when at the location you're at or you can scroll the map the night before and checkout the area you plan to fly at)...there's also the FAA app B4UFly.....you have to have a license and I think it's $5.00.  The number you get can be used for all your drones.

alright thank you for the information buddy
2019-4-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Good day D2_cayde. Thank you for reaching us this concern. For FAA and registration concerns kindly contact the FAA directly for further assistance. In addition, I will be posting a link wherein you can check locations on the said area wherein you can fly your drones freely or if the area is a no-fly zone ( NFZ ).  Hope that you could get the best recommendations and suggestions here in Forum from our valued DJI members and customers. Thank you and have a safe and happy flying always!

https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map
2019-4-12
Use props
D2_cayde
lvl.4
United States

Thank you very much for the advice
2019-4-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

D2_cayde Posted at 4-12 12:05
Thank you very much for the advice

You're very much welcome. Should you have any other concerns please don't hesitate to reach us back and we are more than happy to assist you. Have a good one!
2019-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules