Water damagesd drone, last file corrupted, can it be retrieved?
570 9 2019-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rockyraaccoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 982382 ft
United States

So it finally happened...

I was fishing and I had the drone auto tracking my boat. I hooked a big fish and late in the fight the 30% low battery warning sounded. Within a minute, it drained to near zero and auto landed in about 6" of water (a foot to the left would have been dry on a rock). Anyway, I recovered the drone and already have a care refresh ticket opened. My question is, the last video it was recording as it autolanded in the water didnt end properly, and when I try to access I get an error that the file us corrupted or in a unrecognized format. Is there anything I can do to retrieve this video file?

Thanks.

2019-4-11
Use props
Edward Smith's Replacement
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1837444 ft
United States

there are free programs that can recover the video when there is no end of file tag which is what it sounds like happened.
2019-4-11
Use props
Edward Smith's Replacement
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1837444 ft
United States

If you want to put in dropbox or some way I can down load it I'd be glad to give it a try.
2019-4-11
Use props
Rockyraaccoon
lvl.4
United States

Thanks Edward. I found a free program that did just as you said. So I was able to recover that last video file as the drone went down.
2019-4-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Rockyraaccoon, we are so sorry for the crash accident, unfortunately, we are unable to help recover the corrupted file, hope other users could give you some great advice. And good luck with the DJI Care Refresh service, if you need any assistance during this process, please keep us updated with the case number, thank you.
2019-4-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

If you are lucky yes!
Most of the time the data is still there.
2019-4-12
Use props
Rockyraaccoon
lvl.4
United States

Ive got a repair ticket started.

I'm sending it off tomorrow. Hopefully it wont be gone too long.
2019-4-12
Use props
Bluehook
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790814 ft
United States

Rockyraaccoon Posted at 4-11 18:34
Thanks Edward. I found a free program that did just as you said. So I was able to recover that last video file as the drone went down.

Well, what are you waiting for?  Let's see the video!!

2019-4-14
Use props
Rockyraaccoon
lvl.4
United States

Let's see if this works. It's uploaded in 4k so you may have to adjust settings to see it in best resolution.

2019-4-14
Use props
Rockyraaccoon
lvl.4
United States

Rockyraaccoon Posted at 4-14 16:00
Let's see if this works. It's uploaded in 4k so you may have to adjust settings to see it in best resolution.

Well, DJI wanted almost $400 dollars to repair the drone. DJI said that the autoland  after the battery plummeted from 25% to 0% in 5 seconds was not their fault.  I just scratched my head. I opted for them to replace it for the standard care refresh price of 69.99.
2019-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules