Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI A3 - Compass Error at new locations 1.7.7.0
1538 4 2019-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skyeyemedia.gmail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3042671 ft
  • >>>
Canada

We have recently been forced to update to 1.7.7.0 (which we are not happy about) and we are having all sorts of problems. The main problem we are having is every time we change locations the Indicator LED blinks Red...Yellow...Red...Yellow... indicating there is compass interference.  The issue is, there is no compass interference...  When we plug in a computer and go to the compass section, it shows the compass readings are good (green) there is very low interference (<5 on the scale).  Previously to using 1.7.7.0 (we were using 1.7.0.5 and 1.7.5.0) we have flown in many of the same locations and never had to recalibrate the compass.  On 1.7.7.0 recalibrating the compass does fix the issue, but once we move locations it requires calibration again (everytime). It doesn't matter where we are, we can be in the middle of a farmers field and it will still require recalibration.

It almost seems like the software it trying to force you to recalibrate if you move far enough to a new location?  I really hope not because this is a very dangerous/bad idea for people who fly in urban areas where compass calibration should not be done!

Anyone else experiencing this?

2019-4-12
Use props
WiSi-Testpilot
lvl.4

Germany

May be there are power cables too close to the compass. Did you change anything else? Can you show some pictures?
It is important to have only one assistant2 installed at a time and that you perform a factory reset after up/downgrade.
Best regards,
Wilhelm
2019-4-14
Use props
Fuwubuman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 750436 ft
Netherlands

Hi!

Found this post and experiencing the same behaviour. Did you find a solution for this?
Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Kim
2020-4-29
Use props
skyeyemedia.gmail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3042671 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Fuwubuman Posted at 4-29 08:58
Hi!

Found this post and experiencing the same behaviour. Did you find a solution for this?

Hi Kim,

DJI was completely useless helping me with this.   After lots of testing I discovered that in 1.7.7.0. if you move over 50km away from the location where you did your last compass calibration, you must recalibrate the compass.  Soon as you move over 50km away from where you did the calibration the LED will blink yellow-red forcing you to do a calibration.  I ended up just downgrading to 1.7.5.0 so I didn't have to deal with this.
2020-4-29
Use props
Fuwubuman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 750436 ft
Netherlands

skyeyemedia.gmail Posted at 4-29 11:35
Hi Kim,

DJI was completely useless helping me with this.   After lots of testing I discovered that in 1.7.7.0. if you move over 50km away from the location where you did your last compass calibration, you must recalibrate the compass.  Soon as you move over 50km away from where you did the calibration the LED will blink yellow-red forcing you to do a calibration.  I ended up just downgrading to 1.7.5.0 so I didn't have to deal with this.

Hi,

Thank you for the swift answer. I'll do a downgrade aswel as this is not workable with a big heavylift drone. Next to the fact that it's unsafe in urban/harbor areas. Does the 1.7.5.0 version also blocks taking of when the compass in influenced by steel in the ground in harbours or cities? If not that would be great as i don't like a bird that locks itself. Same thing with the i2 and newest firmwares. Just doesn't fly, only if you do a compass dance. But when you fly off the compass error is now there whilst in flight... :S bad programming i would say.
Thanks again for the reply, did you have to retune the whole bird after downgrade or same settings?

Cheers,
Kim
2020-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules