15457 15 2019-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mavic2018
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1544065 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Recently whilst recording, I get an 'Insufficient Space' warning and I have to either clear or cancel.  When I check my storage settings, I see that I have only 2gb remain of onboard storage yet I have an empty 64gb microSD card in and ready to go as well.  When I go to my settings page on the smart controller, it has the SD card listed as available, so my question is, why are my recordings going to my internal storage every time when the SD card has more than enough space ??

Any advice is appreciated,

Gary
2019-4-13
Use props
Krause31
Second Officer
Flight distance : 598990 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi Gary, you can switch the memory location in the camera settings of the Dji Go App! Best regards Markus
2019-4-13
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

yes you need to switch the storage location from internal to SD card
2019-4-13
Use props
Mavic2018
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Krause31 Posted at 4-13 07:29
Hi Gary, you can switch the memory location in the camera settings of the Dji Go App! Best regards Markus

Hi Markcus,

Thanks mate,   Am pretty sure I have selected the SD Card as the remaining capacity jumps up to over 4 hours vice 1.5 hours when the internal storage is selected.

I get the insufficient storage message every time I fly now, I would have thought that once I have selected the SD card for storage, that would be it but it doesnt appear to be the case...for me.

Gary
2019-4-17
Use props
TVOD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1680082 ft
United Kingdom

Hi I have been getting this message lately, it started when the wrong date issue started , check your date and time before you fly and it should stop.
2019-4-17
Use props
Mavic2018
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

TVOD Posted at 4-17 03:54
Hi I have been getting this message lately, it started when the wrong date issue started , check your date and time before you fly and it should stop.

Thanks TVOD,  I will check the date and time as you suggested and let you know how I go.

Gary
2019-4-23
Use props
AcesFull
lvl.4
Flight distance : 54265 ft
United States

Mavic2018 Posted at 4-23 03:08
Thanks TVOD,  I will check the date and time as you suggested and let you know how I go.

Gary

How about your phone? Is it out of storage space? Go4 will keep caching to it until it's out of space unless you set to delete oldest files when cache reaches 2gb. It's a setting on Go4 somewhere. For me, the cache on my phone is useless. I never use that footage at all. Not sure if that's it, but worth a look.
2019-4-23
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mavic2018 Posted at 4-17 01:20
Hi Markcus,

Thanks mate,   Am pretty sure I have selected the SD Card as the remaining capacity jumps up to over 4 hours vice 1.5 hours when the internal storage is selected.

1.5 hours on 8gb of internal storage? Are you sure?
I get about 12 minutes...
2019-4-23
Use props
Mavic2018
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

AcesFull Posted at 4-23 12:00
How about your phone? Is it out of storage space? Go4 will keep caching to it until it's out of space unless you set to delete oldest files when cache reaches 2gb. It's a setting on Go4 somewhere. For me, the cache on my phone is useless. I never use that footage at all. Not sure if that's it, but worth a look.

Not using phone, just the smart controller with the M2 Zoom.  I can see that I have around 3gb of space of smart controller internal storage available - but I am using micro sd card when flying for storage.
2019-4-25
Use props
EMA71
lvl.1

United States

Mavic2018 Posted at 4-25 03:02
Not using phone, just the smart controller with the M2 Zoom.  I can see that I have around 3gb of space of smart controller internal storage available - but I am using micro sd card when flying for storage.

Is it possible you filled up the internal storage, but did not empty it after switching to the SD card?  Sounds like the system is detecting the internal being full or nearly so, even with the SD card enabled.  I suspect DJI wants a certain amount of free space on the internal storage for stuff they collect, not just for the photos and videos you're taking.
2019-5-21
Use props
djiuser_E6xS8VyPxqHk
New

Canada

I'm having the same problem. The internal storage is empty, SD card is empty, and my phone has plenty of space. Even tried with a variety of phones with the same issue. Please help. Feeling frustrated.
2020-12-22
Use props
cmarines
lvl.4
Flight distance : 331762 ft
Canada

djiuser_E6xS8VyPxqHk Posted at 2020-12-22 08:24
I'm having the same problem. The internal storage is empty, SD card is empty, and my phone has plenty of space. Even tried with a variety of phones with the same issue. Please help. Feeling frustrated.

I just have the same issue, I believe after doing a DJI Fly app update. Plenty of space on inetrnal or SD. Any solution, please?
2023-9-13
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Try clearing the cache.
2023-9-13
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5009016 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mavic2018 Posted at 2019-4-17 01:20
Hi Markcus,

I had the same issue and I had to clear my cache
2023-9-13
Use props
Matt Gadigian
New

United States

Same problem, never had this issue before until just recently. Internal storage has 7 gigs available and over 200 gigs on my SD card and it claims there's insufficient storage. This began after the last firmware update. I believe DJI needs to check their software
2023-10-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Matt Gadigian Posted at 10-26 07:05
Same problem, never had this issue before until just recently. Internal storage has 7 gigs available and over 200 gigs on my SD card and it claims there's insufficient storage. This began after the last firmware update. I believe DJI needs to check their software

Hi Matt. We do apologize for the trouble. Can you please confirm what specific DJI product are you using? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-10-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules