Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
A plea for 1 second in timelapse/hyperlapse feature and some more
1030 9 2019-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lalegator
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3459731 ft
  • >>>
Serbia

Do mavic 2 pro is a marvel, it would be useful to have a one second interval. When you fly over a bit faster like 3 km/h two seconds is a bit to much for smooth time-lapse.
Here is an example of 3km/h 2 second interval JPEGs. Not bad, but would be much smoother with 1 second interval and it would allow to go even faster for a full circle on one battery. I hope there is no technical limitations to do it.

So basicly after two months of using this peace of art, i have 3 humble requests to make it even better :-)

1. to add 1 second in timelapse/hypelapse.

2. add more bracket options in AEB function as described in this thread, that would be awsome, it would raise the level of picture beauty by far.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=184550&pid=1804054

3. ad reverse option for gimbal up/down wheel.

Thank you, and happy flying  

2019-4-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi lalegator, awesome footage! Thanks for sharing.
2019-4-13
Use props
FLYINHASS
First Officer
Flight distance : 21975 ft
Switzerland

Nice footage, well done ^^
2019-4-13
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Amazing works! Nicely done
2019-4-13
Use props
lalegator
lvl.4
  • >>>
Serbia

Thanks all
2019-4-13
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done
2019-4-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Beautiful already, but I get your point.
What happens if you lower the shutterspeed even more?
2019-4-14
Use props
lalegator
lvl.4
  • >>>
Serbia

Thank you, will post more This is 1/4s, and usually stick with that shutter speed for time-lapses, i never went to half of a second since i think it will be risky and end up with motion blur over all image. Do will try one time as soon as weather here permits.
2019-4-14
Use props
Ministar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1060797 ft
Serbia

Awesome!
(svaka cast)
2019-4-14
Use props
lalegator
lvl.4
  • >>>
Serbia

Tnx (Hvala :-)

So i made an assembly of some random hyperalapses and normal shoots to spice it a bit whilst making a point, maybe, about my request for 1 second interval in some future updates. In general when you are in high air and buildings are far away, then 2 seconds do the trick, but as soon as you get closer to your subject your mastery ends with limitations of 2 second, which is to much of a spacial difference to make a really smooth hyper-lapse. Also when high in air, but raise the speed of the drone, then 1 second would be useful also. All the hyper-lapses that i watched, some of them really breath taking, like the ones made by Blue Mantle Films of Miami,  that is so nice, but would work better if one second was available, it would give you that smoothness that your brain needs in order not to see that something is wrong in hyperlapses. Take a look at @ 1:22 seconds, famous mostar bridge , but just to close for two seconds, do at a slowest pace possible, it is jerky. Please DJI incorporate 1 second, and more options in AEB exposure bracketing .   

P.S: i had to edit post since i tought posts embed videos in link, but it puts them in view mode instead, sorry.

2019-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules