Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Trouble formatting SD card for Pocket
8897 12 2019-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FTLOSM
lvl.1
United States

Just bought a pocket and I have a Sandisk Ultra 128 gb class 10 micro sd card here that I formatted in my pc as exFAT (fully not quick format), yet the pocket says abnormal card error.  I also tried formatting the card from within the pocket via menus and it too failed.

I then tried formatting the card as fat32 just to see what would happen, same thing no luck, tried formatting again within the pocket no luck.

I wondered if anyone had any suggestions on what else to try or what I maybe doing wrong?

2019-4-13
Use props
LionelB
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Hopefully someone from DJI will confirm but not sure myself that the OP supports 128Gb, Have you tried a smaller card to see if it also has a problem ?
2019-4-13
Use props
FTLOSM
lvl.1
United States

LionelB Posted at 4-13 08:48
Hopefully someone from DJI will confirm but not sure myself that the OP supports 128Gb, Have you tried a smaller card to see if it also has a problem ?

Been digging around my office i KNOW I have a 32gb card somewhere just so tiny haven't found it yet to try, I am itchin to mess with this but can't get the card I have here to work, I think the pocket takes upto a 256 card but maybe class 10 speed isn't enough idk...
2019-4-13
Use props
Oh-no
Second Officer
Hong Kong

FTLOSM Posted at 4-13 08:51
Been digging around my office i KNOW I have a 32gb card somewhere just so tiny haven't found it yet to try, I am itchin to mess with this but can't get the card I have here to work, I think the pocket takes upto a 256 card but maybe class 10 speed isn't enough idk...

OP needs minimum 30MB/s read write speed, you need at least UHS 1.

Screenshot 2019-04-14 at 1.03.35 AM.png
2019-4-13
Use props
FTLOSM
lvl.1
United States

Oh-no Posted at 4-13 09:00
OP needs minimum 30MB/s read write speed, you need at least UHS 1.

Yep just found a video that talks about having a minimum V30 (u30) rating this is a U1 rated class 10 card, so just not quite fast enough for the 4K stuff, probably why it won't "see" it and format it.  Guess it's time to go to amazon....
2019-4-13
Use props
FTLOSM
lvl.1
United States

Osmo Pocket SD Cards
FTLOSM Posted at 4-13 09:12
Yep just found a video that talks about having a minimum V30 (u30) rating this is a U1 rated class 10 card, so just not quite fast enough for the 4K stuff, probably why it won't "see" it and format it.  Guess it's time to go to amazon....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=51&v=QjW_y2S14CY
2019-4-13
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Captain

United Kingdom

You should have formatted the card in the Osmo Pocket. Formatting a card in a PC can sometimes take away hidden file structures on an SD card that allow it's use on some multimedia devices. The Lexar website used to have a free downloadable tool called SDFormatter which was specifically designed to reformat incorrectly formatted cards and put the hidden directories back for use in multimedia recording devices.
If you can still find that program on the Lexar site you may be able to get the card to be recognised in the Osmo Pocket although if the card is too slow it may not work well.
2019-4-13
Use props
BeterBan
Second Officer
Austria

All my €3 32GB microSD cards are class10, V1, write speed ~ 30 mbps, nooooo problems with 4K/60fps.
Also Mixza 256GB (€34) works well. Sandisk? Haha, laughing ...
2019-4-13
Use props
FTLOSM
lvl.1
United States

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 4-13 10:32
You should have formatted the card in the Osmo Pocket. Formatting a card in a PC can sometimes take away hidden file structures on an SD card that allow it's use on some multimedia devices. The Lexar website used to have a free downloadable tool called SDFormatter which was specifically designed to reformat incorrectly formatted cards and put the hidden directories back for use in multimedia recording devices.
If you can still find that program on the Lexar site you may be able to get the card to be recognised in the Osmo Pocket although if the card is too slow it may not work well.

Thanks! I will certainly look around for it, heck it's doing me no good currently the way it sits so what have I got to lose right?
2019-4-13
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Captain

United Kingdom

FTLOSM Posted at 4-13 15:47
Thanks! I will certainly look around for it, heck it's doing me no good currently the way it sits so what have I got to lose right?

Try here.
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/
Similar program.
2019-4-13
Use props
fansbd366584
New

United States

Im having the same problem. I have a 32gb samsung evo sdhc ush-1. I can format with pc but i get an error when I try to use with the osmo pocket. It works fine with my dji spark though. Could it be a bad card reader on the osmo pocket? Also its showing 0.00gb capacity in the osmo pocket.

I tried the following:
-sd formatter from sdcard.org
-quick and normal format
-set to exfat/fat32
-delete/add partition
-blow the sdcard slot like an old nintendo.

None of them worked!!
Thanks for any help!
2019-12-25
Use props
Lisa Litchfield
New

United Kingdom

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 2019-4-13 10:32
You should have formatted the card in the Osmo Pocket. Formatting a card in a PC can sometimes take away hidden file structures on an SD card that allow it's use on some multimedia devices. The Lexar website used to have a free downloadable tool called SDFormatter which was specifically designed to reformat incorrectly formatted cards and put the hidden directories back for use in multimedia recording devices.
If you can still find that program on the Lexar site you may be able to get the card to be recognised in the Osmo Pocket although if the card is too slow it may not work well.

Im trying to format in my pocket but cant, its greyed out, any ideas? Ive no idea what im doing really, new to all this.
2021-3-17
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Captain

United Kingdom

Lisa Litchfield Posted at 3-17 03:00
Im trying to format in my pocket but cant, its greyed out, any ideas? Ive no idea what im doing really, new to all this.

Hi Lisa.
Have you tried another card ? Cards can fail or be faulty from the start although that's unusual.
If you formatted in a computer before hand did you use the reformatting program I suggested to put the missing file structure back before reformatting in the Osmo Pocket?

Ray.
2021-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules