Mavic Pro Platinum auto setting
1979 7 2019-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gadgetguy61
lvl.2
Flight distance : 75020 ft
United States

I recently purchased a new Mavic Pro Platinum and I've flown it several times.  Amazing drone.  When I have the camera set to auto the footage is always overexposed and washed out looking.  Is this normal or do i need to update some software?  Also what are good daylight shutter and exposure settings in manual mode for video capture.
Thank you.
Jim Welch
2019-4-13
Use props
Harbourside
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

True colour profile and Auto exposure always work well for me as a good staring point, don't forget that you can adjust the exposure on the remote thumbwheel.
Maybe check that its set to 0 before shooting and you are not accidently moving the wheel while flying.
2019-4-13
Use props
Gadgetguy61
lvl.2
United States

Well that is news to me.  I thought the thumb wheel just lowered and raised the camera.  How do I control exposure with it?
2019-4-13
Use props
Harbourside
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Er…. there are 2 thumbwheels on the remote...….
2019-4-13
Use props
Gadgetguy61
lvl.2
United States

You are right.  I just looked at and reviewed the controller specs again.  That's what I get for using the tablet so much and not the controller.  Lots of shortcuts and instant controls.    I'm a typical guy I guess.  Use it before reading everything.
Thank you!
2019-4-13
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Actually the exposure value (EV) cannot be changed directly on a Mavic Pro/Platinum. The mentioned wheel is for changing the shutter speed, and the shutter speed should always be about/close to twice the chosen FPS in video if you want the outcome to look the best. The better and more correct way to make the exposure right is using an ND filter.

Set the ISO at 100 for minimum noise, and the shutter speed at 2x the FPS for the right motion blur, and then chose a filter that makes the EV as close to 0.0 as possible.
2019-4-13
Use props
Jimmy W
lvl.2
United States

Thanks.  I did read that about the fps on the mavic pdf.   Just looked at the ND filters on Amazon.   A guy can just keep spending endlessly on these can't you.  
2019-4-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi. we're sorry to know about this situation. As others mentioned, the camera settings can be adjusted using the camera settings dial on your remote controller and set the camera settings depending on your needs. Please let us know if this scenario would persist after the changes in the camera settings for further help. Thank you for continued support.
2019-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules