Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Community Emergency Response Exercise Report
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha,

Today, Saturday, April 13, was the Community Emergency Response Exercise I had mentioned earlier in other threads.  While our drone side was pretty much standard experience, the Community Emergency Leaders from our Ko'olaupoko District were blown away, especially by the quality of the video (2.7K X 60FPS).  Another point that was well made was the wind was gusting at 20 and 20+(slightly) MPH.  The stability of the video really impressed those in charge - and the Pizza afterward was not bad either!

They really liked that DJI has introduced the Mavic 2 Enterprise - especially the Speaker System - but the cost is prohibitive for non-profit organizations (so they will have to work harder to get larger donations).  But, it is a start.  An Evaluator from the other side of the island asked me to contact him because they had been thinking about using drones (the rich side of the island!).  All-in-all it was a good morning, 2 batteries with my Mavic Air.  I also had my P3P but all the training was indoors so all they needed was very basic (but impressive to them) drone use.

One of my sponsors announced (teased) at an earlier meeting that I wanted to have fun, so I was going to demonstrate the technology and then corrected herself - to which I corrected her that "I was going to have fun!".  It was fun and there was a lot of interest at even the basic levels we fly on a daily basis.  I did my best to point out how the photos we shoot have GPS encoded in them and the video we shoot can also record GPS settings of the camera and display them on the video when it is presented.  The waypoints mission concept also got their attention, especially with a speaker system on a Mavic 2.  The technology we use is really on the cuttting edge.

What we do with the technology for our communities is also cutting edge!

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-4-14
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Does sound like fun!  Thanks for posting
2019-4-14
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Thanks for sharing!
2019-4-14
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Nice work Cetacean,  appreciate the things you do!
2019-4-14
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

2019-4-14
Use props
sky wombat
Captain
Flight distance : 1443894 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Good one Cetacean and great to see 'authorities' taking an interest in, and acknowledging, the potential for easily deployable UAV's.
2019-4-15
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

sky wombat Posted at 4-15 02:45
Good one Cetacean and great to see 'authorities' taking an interest in, and acknowledging, the potential for easily deployable UAV's.

Aloha wombat,

The City Lifeguards are even looking at the drones that drop life preservers and Mavic 2 Enterprise type options but I have not heard if they are moving on it.  The Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual would be great for our fire department and even lifeguards can use it to see people in trouble in the ocean at night or dusk.

Good to see your interest!

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules