OP is a great spy camera
2193 14 2019-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
John Walker
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Another great use for the OP.

I was in a local park yesterday and a group of undesirables were drinking heavily and getting loud.  I wanted to photograph them in case it 'kicked off' but didn't want to point a camera at them for obvious reasons.

Solution.  I set my OP to 180 Pano and faced an area that was 90 degrees to the mob.  They took no notice of me and the final image of the four pano images was a perfect photo of the them.    As it happens, they settled down and nothing happened.

This could be useful in a number of situations .
2019-4-14
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

Tell this to FBI, NSA, CIA !  They will say: you're late .. we have 360° cameras  
2019-4-14
Use props
robomaniac
lvl.2
Canada

the other day, I was filming in the forest and this lady thought I was holding a gun!!
2019-4-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing your interesting story here in DJI forum. Cheers!
2019-4-14
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

robomaniac Posted at 4-14 14:05
the other day, I was filming in the forest and this lady thought I was holding a gun!!

This happened to me when I used it at the park in flashlight mode and someone told me it looked like a gun.  I had a grip connected to the GoPro mount now that I think about it does resemble like if I was holding a weapon.  It sounds ridiculous but since then I try not to use it in flashlight mode anymore in public places and use the phone bracket instead.  Photographers have died in the past when people mistaken their tripods for a weapon. It’s crazy and ridiculous but it can happen.  Most people still don’t know what the Osmo Pocket is and I would also think the same if I didn’t know better.
2019-4-14
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

"Drop that gun!!"

"Nope, it might break!"
2019-4-14
Use props
maddox
First Officer
Malaysia

Cool! Thanks for sharing
2019-4-14
Use props
Stuge234
lvl.3
India

robomaniac Posted at 4-14 14:05

lol

2019-4-15
Use props
NeonAura
lvl.2

United States

Joemar7 Posted at 4-14 14:25
This happened to me when I used it at the park in flashlight mode and someone told me it looked like a gun.  I had a grip connected to the GoPro mount now that I think about it does resemble like if I was holding a weapon.  It sounds ridiculous but since then I try not to use it in flashlight mode anymore in public places and use the phone bracket instead.  Photographers have died in the past when people mistaken their tripods for a weapon. It’s crazy and ridiculous but it can happen.  Most people still don’t know what the Osmo Pocket is and I would also think the same if I didn’t know better.

Did some volunteer work with some prisoners.  Before I got started filming I showed the guard my camera, cell
2019-4-15
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

You can mount OP upon a Zenit Sniper .. but you never will reach your holiday island per plane ...
   https://www.google.de/search?q=z ... bih=596&dpr=1.5
2019-4-15
Use props
John Walker
lvl.4
United Kingdom

These are the images that relate to my post.  The group of men were quite intoxicated and it looked like a fight was about to start.  I wanted to record it in case it got nasty but didn't want them to be aware of what I was doing (I'm not that brave).  So, as I said I was pointing the OP at 90 degrees to them and it just looked like I was taking a photo of the buildings.   The 4th frame give a good clear photo of the group.
I might have got away with just taking a single photo with the lens swivelled round pointing to the right .  The OP is so small I doubt anyone would be aware.

2019-4-15
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

2019-4-15
Use props
John Walker
lvl.4
United Kingdom

You spotted my humour then
2019-4-15
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Haha, lol!
2019-4-17
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

John Walker Posted at 4-15 13:48
These are the images that relate to my post.  The group of men were quite intoxicated and it looked like a fight was about to start.  I wanted to record it in case it got nasty but didn't want them to be aware of what I was doing (I'm not that brave).  So, as I said I was pointing the OP at 90 degrees to them and it just looked like I was taking a photo of the buildings.   The 4th frame give a good clear photo of the group.
I might have got away with just taking a single photo with the lens swivelled round pointing to the right .  The OP is so small I doubt anyone would be aware.

Thanks for sharing
2019-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules