Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Firmware update 3.1.54
1335 12 2019-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JackCarter
lvl.1
Croatia

Hi,

I'm flying p3p using my ipad mini and 3.1.42 version of dji app.
Everything works OK, and wouldn't like to change anything.
Recently got an update notice, to upgrade to 3.1.54 version of the app. Does someone have any experience ?
Obviously, I wouldn't like to start having app crashes, or have to reset all my settings.
Do you think app will continue working as usual ?

Also, I keep getting request to update my Flight Safe Data ( I think that's the name of it ) - do I have to do it ?

Thank you and kind regards,

Alan

2019-4-14
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Alan,

A couple of users have brought it to my attention that after half-dozen or so "Ignore" of the Fly-Safe updates, the "Live-View" video will black out and flights will be limited to 30 meters or so.  You may want to update the Fly-Safe firmware.

Also, if the firmware and app should get too out of wack with each other, you will not be able to fly or fly confidently.  It is always best to keep current with updates unless you have never updated from the beginning three years ago.

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-4-14
Use props
JackCarter
lvl.1
Croatia

Cetacean Posted at 4-14 22:34
Aloha Alan,

A couple of users have brought it to my attention that after half-dozen or so "Ignore" of the Fly-Safe updates, the "Live-View" video will black out and flights will be limited to 30 meters or so.  You may want to update the Fly-Safe firmware.

Hi Cetacean,

I haven't updated any firmware since I bought this drone, at the end of 2017. So far so good.
I heard reports that some updates cause loss of video link.
Thank you, I'll keep the current version of the app and update if any problems occur in the future.

Regards,
Alan
2019-4-15
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

JackCarter Posted at 4-15 01:50
Hi Cetacean,

I haven't updated any firmware since I bought this drone, at the end of 2017. So far so good.

Aloha Alan,

Be very careful with the FlySafe updates, they can shut you down.  But people do report that original firmware like you mention and the original app are not having any problems (just none of the new bells and whistles).

BTW, it is not the updates that cause the loss of video link, it is the failure to update after being offered FlySafe updates a half dozen times or more that causes those problems.  FlySafe walks a narrow line with government support across the spectrum.  

If you get FlySafe updates, you will have to update to current and install the FlySafe updates as soon as possible or get shut down.  FlySafe updates means you are no longer on original firmware or app.  Your app should also be the original when you bought your Phantom or you will eventually get FlySafe updates.

I fly current on everything and rarely have problems.  If there are problems DJI has worked hard to resolve them.  Some batch series have had problems in assembly or manufacture but those problems that could not be solved with firmware updates have been resolved by DJI in the shop.  However, some stubborn customers have created problems for themselves by not acting in a timely manner.

Good luck!

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-4-16
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Captain
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

And if you do  decide to update, make sure you use a fan or it might burn the board out   Keep fan blowing on the p3p
2019-4-16
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Captain
United States

And if you do  decide to update, make sure you use a fan or it might burn the board up. Keep fan blowing on the p3p
2019-4-16
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Captain
United States

Cetacean Posted at 4-14 22:34
Aloha Alan,

Is there any way to roll back the fly safe ? Just wondering.
On my spark I keep getting an update to fly safe but it won’t download so every time I just click ignore  but it’s becoming a real nuisance   Thanks.
2019-4-16
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Sayhelloforme Posted at 4-16 19:00
Is there any way to roll back the fly safe ? Just wondering.
On my spark I keep getting an update to fly safe but it won’t download so every time I just click ignore  but it’s becoming a real nuisance   Thanks.

Aloha hello,

Do you have any idea why the FlySafe firmware does not download?  The inability to download firmware may indicate more of a problem than just FlySafe.  Did you open a thread on that subject yet?

As far as I know, there is no way using DJI products (software) to roll-back to pre-FlySafe firmware and DJIGO4 app.  Is the problem with the WiFi?  Let me know.

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-4-16
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Captain
United States

Cetacean Posted at 4-16 21:44
Aloha hello,

Do you have any idea why the FlySafe firmware does not download?  The inability to download firmware may indicate more of a problem than just FlySafe.  Did you open a thread on that subject yet?

Thanks for taking the time to talk with me. It’s only on my spark. I got it a few days before Christmas and never had any problems with any updates, and there has been a few. I’m actually connected to WiFi when I start the spark. My home WiFi. I know, airplane mode.... but when I fly around my home I never worry about interference because it’s never happened. Anyway... I have opened a new topic on it here at the dji forum but nobody replied, NO ONE. Not even DJI. So I just click ignore . It looks like it downloads but does not install. I am using an iPad min4 and it’s using the latest iso. Everything else is up to date on the spark except the fly safe ( the latest update) I have no idea why it does not install. Do you have any ideas ? Thank you so much for your help.
2019-4-17
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Sayhelloforme Posted at 4-17 18:58
Thanks for taking the time to talk with me. It’s only on my spark. I got it a few days before Christmas and never had any problems with any updates, and there has been a few. I’m actually connected to WiFi when I start the spark. My home WiFi. I know, airplane mode.... but when I fly around my home I never worry about interference because it’s never happened. Anyway... I have opened a new topic on it here at the dji forum but nobody replied, NO ONE. Not even DJI. So I just click ignore . It looks like it downloads but does not install. I am using an iPad min4 and it’s using the latest iso. Everything else is up to date on the spark except the fly safe ( the latest update) I have no idea why it does not install. Do you have any ideas ? Thank you so much for your help.

Aloha hello,

Next time it happens, try enabling the WIFi.  You can put it back into Airplane Mode after the test and attempt to download.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-4-18
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Captain
United States

Cetacean Posted at 4-18 13:12
Aloha hello,

Next time it happens, try enabling the WIFi.  You can put it back into Airplane Mode after the test and attempt to download.

Most of the time I have waif on. It doesn’t install. I flew today 3 times, tried it 3 times and didn’t work. Should I re flash with dji assistant 2 ? The fly safe is just g o fencing anyway, right ?
2019-4-18
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Sayhelloforme Posted at 4-18 18:36
Most of the time I have waif on. It doesn’t install. I flew today 3 times, tried it 3 times and didn’t work. Should I re flash with dji assistant 2 ? The fly safe is just g o fencing anyway, right ?

Aloha hello,

If you do use Assistant 2 to reflash, be sure to use the latest version for your Spark.  If your computer is a PC, you want to use Assistant 2 v1.2.5.  You can download it at the Spark web page in the DJI web site.  There were some problems with the other versions of Assistant 2.  

DJI Assistant 2 versions have the specific firmware for the specific components and products that particular version services.  So, it is important to install the download version from your product's web page.  Often, I uninstall the existing version of Assistant 2 and install the current version for whatever I need to do.  Your problem might just be a conflict that the new installation of Assistant 2 fixes.

What is "waif"?  Did you mean WiFi?

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-4-18
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Captain
United States

Cetacean Posted at 4-18 21:30
Aloha hello,

If you do use Assistant 2 to reflash, be sure to use the latest version for your Spark.  If your computer is a PC, you want to use Assistant 2 v1.2.5.  You can download it at the Spark web page in the DJI web site.  There were some problems with the other versions of Assistant 2.  

Waif = WiFi sorry for the typo. I will try what you said.
What’s strange is I’ve seen people posting and talking about this issue but mostly for p4p and inspire. They have no clue yet. It’s a new issue.
Anyway thanks so much for your advice. I will try it.
2019-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules