Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Panorama, The Gatwick Drone Attack, BBC One at 20:30 BST Monday 15 April
1445 8 2019-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
*DM*
lvl.4
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-47919680
2019-4-14
Use props
*DM*
lvl.4
United Kingdom

They are still insisting there was a drone.
2019-4-14
Use props
SCAMBO-1
lvl.3
United Kingdom

LOL

There's a company around who have developed a Drone detection system costing millions & millions, Gatwick didn't want to shell out the cash for this system.

I would not be at all surprised   IF  there was actually a drone that this company didn't do it themselves to convince Gatwick they needed their system after all.

HMMMmmmmmmm ! ! !

2019-4-15
Use props
JuJuMP2_User
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Of course it was an “inside” job. It was a Police drone, Or a crisp packet in the wind.
Total hysterical b/s, but my sympathy to the travellers affected.
2019-4-15
Use props
*DM*
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Just watched the first two minutes ... then switched to Game of Thrones.

Seems like the usual biased s*** compiled by c**** who want viewer numbers.

Cant be arsed to watch any more.

Let me know if I missed something important or if I'm wrong.

Back to the lovely Daenerys.

2019-4-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

*DM* Posted at 4-14 23:28
They are still insisting there was a drone.

They are skating on very thin ice , with only hearsay proof, I don’t think we will ever know, the program did highlight the real danger of a terrorist attack, it wouldn’t take much for a drone to carry poison like ricin can you imagine the damage that could do .
2019-4-15
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

*DM* Posted at 4-15 11:42
Just watched the first two minutes ... then switched to Game of Thrones.

Seems like the usual biased s*** compiled by c**** who want viewer numbers.

I watched it all. It was weighted more towards the dangers of drones but they did mention that drones also save lives etc and they did interview flyers who openly said they believed no drone was ever there so it wasn't as one sided as I thought it would be. There was also a lot of undertones about it being an indoor job by someone who may even work at the airport or use to. There was also no mention of banning drones in the UK but I can see more restrictions coming in the future as the threat of terrorism grows. They also showed footage of people who have attached guns and explosives to drones - that did put a shiver down my spine!
2019-4-16
Use props
*DM*
lvl.4
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 4-16 00:28
I watched it all. It was weighted more towards the dangers of drones but they did mention that drones also save lives etc and they did interview flyers who openly said they believed no drone was ever there so it wasn't as one sided as I thought it would be. There was also a lot of undertones about it being an indoor job by someone who may even work at the airport or use to. There was also no mention of banning drones in the UK but I can see more restrictions coming in the future as the threat of terrorism grows. They also showed footage of people who have attached guns and explosives to drones - that did put a shiver down my spine!

Thanks. I take what I said back then and watch it on catch up.
2019-4-16
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

*DM* Posted at 4-16 00:51
Thanks. I take what I said back then and watch it on catch up.

I think the industry is too big and advanced to ban but how all of this will unfold in the new drone bill is going to be interesting. Anymore OTT restrictions for us law abiding flyers because of the actions of the 1% nutters and morons who share our hobby and I may have to look at whether it's worth it anymore...
2019-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules