709 21 2019-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

After researching hard I've found out the zoom to be very important.  I thought you need to fly forward and backwards to get the shots I want but what is Really happening is the zooming.  The quality isn't lost like it is with the Pro.  The difference isn't all that better with the Pro but You do not get the Very important Zoom functionality.  I will still post in here but with the 2 Zoom.

Also the Super importance of having 6-way collision avoidance.  With the Spark.  I always had to stay Above the highest obstacle.  My friend crashed his Mavic Air when doing an orbit in Pennsylvania forest.  He recovered it, just broken props.  With this now I think I can stay lower w/ confidence capturing moments in Sports w/o fear of it going down.
2019-4-15
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Congrats on your new bird!
2019-4-15
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

jacksonnai Posted at 4-15 06:46
Congrats on your new bird!

I hope the zoom isn't super slow  though lol
2019-4-15
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

Big step! Congratulation!
2019-4-15
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Lysak2003 Posted at 4-15 09:26
Big step! Congratulation!

Yeah, we will have to see how the zoom works.  Maybe it would have been better to get a 2 Pro then zoom edit in Post but I assume it's better to film people training on the field from a distance instead of being close enough that they could hear it.

Messing w/ the "zoom" in Davinci is difficult and not natural so I think the zoom decision was a good idea.  The zooming isn't a "high-resolution" rate in post and is Extremely difficult.

Checkout this video at 4:11 in.

The DJI movie sold me because the amount of Tech compared to the entry-level Spark just makes it seem 100% worth it.  I mean, for what I wanted to do when I got it, it did exactly what I wanted but for Commercial purposes the Mavic 2 is the only way to get it done.
2019-4-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing your story here. We would like to congratulate you on having the Mavic 2 Zoom. For additional information, the Mavic 2 Zoom support both optical zoom and digital zoom. Digital zoom only works when shooting1080p 30fps or lower videos. May you please always have a safe flight.
2019-4-15
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-15 11:21
Hi, thanks for sharing your story here. We would like to congratulate you on having the Mavic 2 Zoom. For additional information, the Mavic 2 Zoom support both optical zoom and digital zoom. Digital zoom only works when shooting1080p 30fps or lower videos. May you please always have a safe flight.

yeah, but the 2x might seem much worth it but the only way to tell it's worth is when I travel to places and record people in action but when I was filming the soccer video I thought it was the greatest thing in the world to do where you can just be in a comfortable spot doing what you want better than Anybody else and people can see your work with you as you progress in the journey of getting better

The Flight performance seems to be significantly better but the only way to truly tell is when I make some shots as I would with the Spark.  : )
2019-4-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

AntDX316 Posted at 4-15 11:35
yeah, but the 2x might seem much worth it but the only way to tell it's worth is when I travel to places and record people in action but when I was filming the soccer video I thought it was the greatest thing in the world to do where you can just be in a comfortable spot doing what you want better than Anybody else and people can see your work with you as you progress in the journey of getting better

The Flight performance seems to be significantly better but the only way to truly tell is when I make some shots as I would with the Spark.  : )

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. We can't wait to see your next work with Mavic 2 Zoom to be posted here in DJI Forum. Thank you for continued support.
2019-4-15
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congrats the zoom is an awesome bird.
2019-4-15
Use props
D2_cayde
lvl.4
United States

congrats buddy
2019-4-15
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Many congrats
2019-4-16
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-15 16:20
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. We can't wait to see your next work with Mavic 2 Zoom to be posted here in DJI Forum. Thank you for continued support.

yeah, hopefully it will be good as I have more abilities to work w/ and there are A lot of sport fields and incidents that happen all where I live every day so I want to be able to capture everything I would come across

With the e-bike I will be able to get from place to place w/o much issue. : )
2019-4-16
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

It will be interesting to see what can be done w/ the new bird.
2019-4-16
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 4-16 01:23
It will be interesting to see what can be done w/ the new bird.

The M2 is an awesome drone. Quite powerful, handles heavy wind really well, OcuSync 2 is amazing and you'll have a x2 optical zoom to play with and will be able to do auto hyperlapses, dolly zooms and 48mp stills - enjoy!
2019-4-16
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 4-16 02:09
The M2 is an awesome drone. Quite powerful, handles heavy wind really well, OcuSync 2 is amazing and you'll have a x2 optical zoom to play with and will be able to do auto hyperlapses, dolly zooms and 48mp stills - enjoy!

yeah, the drop outs and 200ms latency dropping to 130ms would be interesting
2019-4-16
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Great to know that, congrats!
2019-4-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

AntDX316 Posted at 4-16 01:16
yeah, hopefully it will be good as I have more abilities to work w/ and there are A lot of sport fields and incidents that happen all where I live every day so I want to be able to capture everything I would come across

With the e-bike I will be able to get from place to place w/o much issue. : )

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. You may please always have a safe flight. Cheers!
2019-4-16
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-16 13:05
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. You may please always have a safe flight. Cheers!

I lose some confidence in the flight w/ the spark due to the occasional feed hiccups but if the link is solid and I can fly far w/o any issues, even More doors would open up.

Because of the increased flight performance I think I can get from place to place rather than just sticking to One area.
2019-4-16
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 4-16 02:09

I think I'm going to be filming recreational sporting events from a distance.  The idea is to be part of the action somehow w/o actually being there.  : )
2019-4-17
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 4-17 02:03
I think I'm going to be filming recreational sporting events from a distance.  The idea is to be part of the action somehow w/o actually being there.  : )

Look forward to seeing the footage
2019-4-17
Use props
jyc
First Officer
Flight distance : 2255846 ft
Canada

Excellent choice, I sure enjoy mine.
2019-4-17
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer