3202 32 2019-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tollytastic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 30932 ft
France

Hi,  a call for help!!!!,

My Mavic Pro 2 has just arrived and after unpacking and unfolding the arms something does not look right. It appears that the rear arms do not swing out to the same angle at the lock position, this can best be seen on a flat surface where the Mavic pro will not sit level, please see photo (hope tis works). Is this normal or is there a problem. I do not want to continue with the unpacking if the unit is faulty.

Many thanks for any help in advance

Paul

P1030095 (2).JPG
2019-4-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience that it caused. I would like to ask where did you purchase this unit? If you purchase this drone from the third-party re-seller, have you tried to contact them to see if they could replace the unit? Please let keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your support.
2019-4-15
Use props
Tollytastic
lvl.4
France

DJI Tony Posted at 4-15 09:05
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience that it caused. I would like to ask where did you purchase this unit? If you purchase this drone from the third-party re-seller, have you tried to contact them to see if they could replace the unit? Please let keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for your support.

I purchased this unit from Amazon Fance. Please can you confirm that you are telling me that the unit is faulty and needs to be replaced.

Many thanks

Paul
2019-4-15
Use props
Tollytastic
lvl.4
France

Tollytastic Posted at 4-15 09:10
I purchased this unit from Amazon Fance. Please can you confirm that you are telling me that the unit is faulty and needs to be replaced.

Many thanks

Hi DJI Tony,

Just for information I have now arranged to return the Mavic Pro2 to Amazon tomorrow and must now wait five to seven working days for a refund.
I  understand that the Mavic Pro is usually a very high quality product and will therefore put my faith in DJI and order another when I have been refunded.

Many thanks for your help

Paul
2019-4-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Tollytastic Posted at 4-15 10:32
Hi DJI Tony,

Just for information I have now arranged to return the Mavic Pro2 to Amazon tomorrow and must now wait five to seven working days for a refund.

Hi, thanks for the update. Again, we do apologize about the first unit that you've received. Based on the image that you've provided to us, that was a faulty drone, however, we're glad that you've managed to process a refund of the first drone that you've received. You may order directly to our store to ensure the authenticity of the unit. Thank you for continued support.
2019-4-15
Use props
Damager
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9052 ft
United States

Thats definitely not right and pretty rare for a new unit.  
2019-4-15
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Return it to Amazon asap
2019-4-16
Use props
Tollytastic
lvl.4
France

A J Posted at 4-16 00:31
Return it to Amazon asap

Hi DJI Tony, many thanks for your prompt reply. it was of great help.

As far as the drone being a genuine unit (a scary thought that it might not be -(even DJI are allowed to make a few mistakes ) you will able to help me with this as I can provide the serial number.

This number is 163DG1M 001285C as can be seen in the photo.

I raise this not to cause problems but if there is a problem with authenticity then it is something Amazon nedd to be made aware of ASAP

Many thanks for your assistance in this matter.

Paul
2019-4-16
Use props
Tollytastic
lvl.4
France

Damager Posted at 4-15 17:38
Thats definitely not right and pretty rare for a new unit.

Hi Damager,

Many thanks for your reply, yes it didn’t look right as the thrust angles of the rear motors were not aligned with the arms in the lock position.
I only posted for advice as I couldn't believe what I was seeing as  the Mavic Pro2 is in all other respects is such a beautifully built unit. I was half expecting to be told not to be an idiot and there was a simple adjustment to be made.
Anyway I am obviously a little disappointed but will aim to order another when Amazon sort the refund.

I did (as we all do) start to question "why me" but sometimes that’s life and I won't let it put me off the wonderful world of aerial Drone photography

Many thanks for taking the time to post

Paul
2019-4-16
Use props
Tollytastic
lvl.4
France

A J Posted at 4-16 00:31
Return it to Amazon asap

Hi AJ,
Thanks for that. It is already packed up and on its way back to Amazon.

I am very grateful for the replies which I have received on this forum especially from DJI as it takes the uncertainty out of the equation when dealing with the retailer.

Obviously issues are always going to occur on very complex products but finding the correct route forward to overcome any issues is always the best solution , this form has helped me to achieve this and not to feel "out in the cold" on what could have been a worrying time.

So - many thanks for taking the time to post

Paul
2019-4-16
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tollytastic Posted at 4-16 01:18
Hi AJ,
Thanks for that. It is already packed up and on its way back to Amazon.

No problem Paul and a wise decision to return on your part. That is clearly a defective unit and ensure you get either all of your money back or a brand new replacement.
2019-4-16
Use props
Tollytastic
lvl.4
France

A J Posted at 4-16 01:26
No problem Paul and a wise decision to return on your part. That is clearly a defective unit and ensure you get either all of your money back or a brand new replacement.

Hi Aj, Yes fortunately I made sure that I purchased an item of this value with Amazon directly and they are usually pretty good in this type of circumstance.

Many thanks

Paul
2019-4-16
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tollytastic Posted at 4-16 01:47
Hi Aj, Yes fortunately I made sure that I purchased an item of this value with Amazon directly and they are usually pretty good in this type of circumstance.

Many thanks

They are very good in that way. I'm sure you'll be flying soon enough.
2019-4-16
Use props
FLYINHASS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21975 ft
Switzerland

Sorry to hear about that issue Tolly bad luck ^^
2019-4-16
Use props
Tollytastic
lvl.4
France

FLYINHASS Posted at 4-16 23:46
Sorry to hear about that issue Tolly  bad luck ^^

Many thamks FLYINHASS,

Feeling slightly blue at the moment as my fly-more pack has just arrived.

I must be one of only a few who has too much power and not enough drone . On the upside it gives me plenty of time to get to grips with all the great information provided by forum members while things sort out.

Good to hear from you

Tolly
2019-4-17
Use props
Tollytastic
lvl.4
France

Tollytastic Posted at 4-17 00:39
Many thamks FLYINHASS,

Feeling slightly blue at the moment as my fly-more pack has just arrived.

All Sorted
I am happy to say that now I have a new Mavic 2 pro and the arms are perfectly level (see photo). It was easy to sort out as Amazon Fr did an immediate replacement after receiving the returned drone. It didn't take very long and it's only that I have been too busy to post an update until now.
Looking forward to getting started, now just the care and refresh to sort out.
Paul
2019-5-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Good job, that looks a lot better .
2019-5-30
Use props
Tollytastic
lvl.4
France

hallmark007 Posted at 5-30 07:02
Good job, that looks a lot better .

Thanks hallmark007, looks great now. Can I hope finally start to enjoy the Mavic pro experience :-)
2019-5-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Tollytastic Posted at 5-30 09:18
Thanks hallmark007, looks great now. Can I hope finally start to enjoy the Mavic pro experience :-)

You can of course, I would give you one piece of advice, for the first couple of flights take it easy take your time and remember removing your fingers from the sticks will allow craft to just hover and give you the time you need to do what you need to do.
Good luck, you will really love it .
2019-5-30
Use props
Tollytastic
lvl.4
France

hallmark007 Posted at 5-30 10:01
You can of course, I would give you one piece of advice, for the first couple of flights take it easy take your time and remember removing your fingers from the sticks will allow craft to just hover and give you the time you need to do what you need to do.
Good luck, you will really love it .

Great advice and thanks for taking the time to post

Tolly
2019-5-30
Use props
FLYINHASS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21975 ft
Switzerland

Woot woot, bird's ready, happy first flights, Tolly
2019-6-7
Use props
Stryker03
lvl.4
Flight distance : 206345 ft

United States

Glad everything worked out for you
2019-6-8
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thats more like it! Congrats
2019-6-8
Use props
Tollytastic
lvl.4
France

Many thanks FLYINHASS, Stryker03 and AJC-W have spent the last few days becoming familiar with the DJI GO4 app the drone controls and setting all the perameters which has been surprisingly enjoyable. Just waiting for a break in the weather for the first flights. To be honest I can't wait
2019-6-11
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

damn, mine isn't perfectly level too.. and I bought it from DJI!

update: nvm both rear legs are in the air because of the middle rubber  Maybe your new one is wrong too because it's not supposed to be totally flush on the ground, they are supposed to be 2-3mm in the air each at the back
2019-6-11
Use props
djiuser_6GziRQ1ksuAa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17439970 ft
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 6-11 07:08
damn, mine isn't perfectly level too.. and I bought it from DJI!

update: nvm both rear legs are in the air because of the middle rubber  Maybe your new one is wrong too because it's not supposed to be totally flush on the ground, they are supposed to be 2-3mm in the air each at the back

obviously something wrong with yours the photo is correct all landing arms should be in contact with surface
2019-6-11
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_6GziRQ1ksuAa Posted at 6-11 17:04
obviously something wrong with yours the photo is correct all landing arms should be in contact with surface

I should take a photo of mine.. I mean mine flies perfect w/ zero jello.
2019-6-11
Use props
Tollytastic
lvl.4
France

Hi AntDX316 mine wasn’t just a little out, it was immediately obvious when extending the rear legs, so much so that putting it on a level surface improved the situation as resting it on a fat surface pushed the lower leg further up.  I wasn’t particularly worried about how the legs looked but I was worried about flying in this condition because with the legs so far out it was changing the thrust angles of the rear motors relative to each other, I was worried that the motors would be fighting against each other with all that could entail.
My new one is level to the eye but I’m sure that with a folding design there needs to be a little tolerance in the build which I am sure DJI have taken into account. I have also seen photos of other drones in the air where the legs don’t appear to be exactly level but are obviously performing well and are flying faultlessly.
I think it’s a matter of degree, mine were really a long way out, so much that you couldn’t miss it right out of the box and to their credit DJI gave an immediate response and told me that mine was not correct.
If yours flies well and without issue then it’s probably fine but if you are concerned then I would suggest that you ask DJI their opinion as I’m sure they will give a trusted response, however the last thing I want this post to do is to make other pilots worry about things which are ok.
In summary I think it’s a matter of degree, a small amount of difference is inevitable in a folding design which I’m sure has been allowed for by DJI but if it’s something you can’t miss as in my first drone then ask the experts – DJI who responded immediately and gave me full confidence.
Sorry to have caused you this worry but unless it’s really obvious then I’m sure you’re ok.
Good luck and good flying
2019-6-12
Use props
pjollain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106093 ft
Belgium

Welcome to the wonderful world of M2P! Don't forget to pass the (easy) mandatory exam, and to register your drone. From which region in France are you?  I am from Nancy.
2019-6-12
Use props
Tollytastic
lvl.4
France

Hi pjollain, many thanks for the welcome, yes I passed the mandatory test a couple of months ago way before I decided finally to get the drone which I have registered. I was impressed at how organised all the administration was and that the process was sensible and thankfully straightforward.
I am from Vendee and am very much looking forward to the weather improving to normal conditions for this season to allow some flying and hopefully some filming.
2019-6-12
Use props
djiuser_5NeaWUHhSDdD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15217 ft
United Kingdom

Hi. I know it is old topic but i have similar problem with dji care refresh replacement i received from dji. On my case they say it is ok to stand on 3 legs and does not affect performance, but i do not agree as it clearly should be flat on 4 legs. It does lower the value and looks like drone after crash. What do you think? Is it ok like this?
20210729_034853.jpg
20210729_034914.jpg
20210729_034732.jpg
2021-8-4
Use props
Tollytastic
lvl.4
France

djiuser_5NeaWUHhSDdD Posted at 8-4 02:27
Hi. I know it is old topic but i have similar problem with dji care refresh replacement i received from dji. On my case they say it is ok to stand on 3 legs and does not affect performance, but i do not agree as it clearly should be flat on 4 legs. It does lower the value and looks like drone after crash. What do you think? Is it ok like this?

Hi djiuser_5NeaWUHhSDdD,

It looks like the gap on mine was a bit larger than shown on yours but it looks pretty bad ail the same.

I am unable to give any technical advice but when I contacted DJI they suggested that I talk to my retailer about the problem as the drone was brand new. I had purchased the drone from Amazon so it was no problem to return the drone for a new one.

I wanted to return the drone as although it probably would have worked ok to my mind if the blades are out of alignment then the drone has to compensate for that all the time, will be working harder use more power and perhaps causing more ware on all the motors. I was also worried that this may cause long term reliability problems.

Hope that helps

Paul
2021-8-4
Use props
djiuser_5NeaWUHhSDdD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15217 ft
United Kingdom

Tollytastic Posted at 8-4 02:44
Hi djiuser_5NeaWUHhSDdD,

It looks like the gap on mine was a bit larger than shown on yours but it looks pretty bad ail the same.

Hi. Thank you for your reply. My was replacement from dji care refresh but they claim it is new or like new. I have exactly same thoughts  and i explained this to dji. It will lower the value of the drone and might cause problem in long term. To be honest i did send my drone with similar fault for replacement and they said it was faulty (charged me 120 for repair). I think this just should not be like this. Maybe it will perform well but does not look right. Dji mavic 2 and other models pictures show drones sitting flat on all arms. I hope this is just one off error and they will replace it with new drone.
2021-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules