Ronin S battery grip getting real sticky
3545 10 2019-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RJohn
Second Officer
United States

The rubber on my Ronin S battery grip is getting sticky. It started a month ago and getting worse. Don't know what is causing it. No chemicals near by. Just been sitting in it's case. Anyone else with this problem? Any ideas of what is going on?
2019-4-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi RJohn, sorry to hear that, any chance to share us a picture of the sticky grip so we can check if there is any suggestion can be provided?
2019-4-17
Use props
RJohn
Second Officer
United States

Here is a link to short video. Doesn't really show just how sticky it is. here is the link:  

Password is: mindy

Also my hand feels sticky like something is leaching from the rubber grip.
2019-4-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RJohn Posted at 4-18 09:21
Here is a link to short video. Doesn't really show just how sticky it is. here is the link:  https://vimeo.com/331264821

Password is: mindy

Thank you very much for the video, any chance to wipe the gimbal via the ethyl alcohol to have a try?
2019-4-18
Use props
RJohn
Second Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-18 22:26
Thank you very much for the video, any chance to wipe the gimbal via the ethyl alcohol to have a try?

I was worried about trying that as alcohol can sometimes ruin certain rubber compounds. But if you are suggesting to try that then I will. I'll update you later today.
2019-4-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RJohn Posted at 4-19 08:15
I was worried about trying that as alcohol can sometimes ruin certain rubber compounds. But if you are suggesting to try that then I will. I'll update you later today.

No worries, please have a try and let us know if it works.
2019-4-20
Use props
RJohn
Second Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-20 19:57
No worries, please have a try and let us know if it works.

Hi Mindy, Tried it and it seems to be better.
2019-4-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RJohn Posted at 4-21 12:08
Hi Mindy, Tried it and it seems to be better.

Thanks for getting back and glad to hear that, if there is more issue, please keep me updated.
2019-4-21
Use props
RJohn
Second Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-21 22:42
Thanks for getting back and glad to hear that, if there is more issue, please keep me updated.

Today it feels normal. Thanks
2019-4-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RJohn Posted at 4-22 08:24
Today it feels normal. Thanks

You are welcome, have a great time with Ronin-S.
2019-4-22
Use props
ragsn_old_iron
lvl.2
Canada

Some hand lotions and cosmetics, particularly "natural" ones with jojoba and other essential oils seem to degrade certain synthetic rubbers and plastics quickly.  I know they can dissolve bicycle grips within a few uses, and this may be a similar compound to the Ronin.  This is based on experience with family members, and is not scientific or supported by any specific research.  Have clean hands/do not have lotions on them, and consider a thin cycling glove so the grip portion is not in contact with your skin.  Alcohol does sanitize, and it is also hard on synthetics and is dangerous to have around always.  I have limited experience with the Ronin, and it seems to be of quality materials.
2019-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules