Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
can't update precise database
633 1 2019-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse29f7d45
lvl.1
United States

(Just updated Go 4 on CS and at least the maps are working again.) But I still can't update the database. I've tried many many times over the past couple of months to get it updated using Assistant on Mac.

Today I tried updating from CS Ultra bright: Update Go 4 app. Then after powering everything up, with CS on the controller I get the message to update basic and precise. The basic update worked, at least I'm not getting that message any more. But the precise database... I connected the USB cable to the small USB port on the CS, then using the adapter I connected it to the P4P. The blue button that normally says Go Fly says Updating even before I tap the update link in that message again. Let it sit like that for about an hour. Finally turned everything off

So back to using Assistant on Mac (just updated it today but no change), it downloads the database 100% every time but always fails on the update. I keep uploading the report hoping it'll get fixed but not yet.

This has been going on for a couple of months now.

UPDATE: Ater tinkering around some more I think I finally got it to update. Using an iPad Mini4 connected to the controller I ran the Go app. Got the update message about precise database with the graphic showing the controller turned on and the iPad connected to the P4P. So I unplugged the cable to the controller and plugged it into the P4P using the adapter (so Lighting cable from iPad to adapter to P4P). I left the controller turned on. Followed the prompts and the update worked! Can't remember exactly but it may have taken 10 minutes or less.

THEN... turned everything off and put the CS back on the controller (not using the iPad now). Turned everything back on and got a message that the Precise Fly Safe Database (Aircraft) had been update and I needed to update the Precise Fly Safe Database (App). So there's two parts to the precise database? Followed those prompts and it seems to have worked.

Maybe if I had removed the CS from the controller before connecting to the P4P that would have worked. As usual the instructions aren't very clear.

Hope this helps someone.
2019-4-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for sharing these information and your experience with regards to this matter. Thank you for your valued support. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules