Camera Base Stops Short on Fine Scale Range - at 7.8
898 6 2019-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BCR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35607 ft
United States

I've been going through the balance set-up on my new Ronin-S. I notice that the base that the camera base plate slides onto cannot fully slide to the interior side of the scale for fine-tuning the roll adjustment - it stops at about 7.8. On the other side of the scale the base slides beyond the end of the scale, almost to the outer edge of the bracket where the control cord is plugged in. Is this the way the sliding range on the bracket is designed to work? I've attached photos showing the position of the base at both right and left full extent.
Thanks!  

Left Side of Scale-2.JPG
Right Side of Scale-2.JPG
2019-4-15
Use props
jerkwithacamera
lvl.1
Flight distance : 199380 ft
Canada

I just bought my Ronin Tonight from a store and the same thing is happening with mine It hits a hard stop and it doesn't seem right. Did we get faulty ones?
2019-4-16
Use props
jerkwithacamera
lvl.1
Flight distance : 199380 ft
Canada

jerkwithacamera Posted at 4-16 19:04
I just bought my Ronin Tonight from a store and the same thing is happening with mine  It hits a hard stop and it doesn't seem right. Did we get faulty ones?

and it seems that I have no power to the front 12V/2A ports either
2019-4-16
Use props
BCR
lvl.2
United States

I found out it's apparently normal to stop at that point. This is the response that I got from DJI tech support: "With regards to your concern, it is normal that the quick release mounting bracket for the tilt axis will not go all the way to the left. It is how our engineers built it, also one of the reason is for the camera to avoid hitting the tilt motor. You don't need to worry about it, the Ronin-S can work as normal."
2019-4-17
Use props
BCR
lvl.2
United States

I just bought my Ronin Tonight from a store and the same thing is happening with mine  It hits a hard stop and it doesn't seem right. Did we get faulty ones?

Hi - it's apparently normal - see the response I got from DJI when I asked about it - posted below.
2019-4-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi BCR, sorry for the late response, glad to know our support team has explained it clear, yes, this is normal, please don't worry.
2019-4-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, BCR has explained at 4# clearly, on the other hand, the scale in the stand is used for us to balance the gimbal easily and quickly next time by remembering the scale, it will be fine if it will not go all the way to the left as long as the gimbal can be balanced properly.
By 12V/2A port, do you mean it cannot supply power to your camera? If no, may I verify if you have connected to Ronin-S DC Power Cable and a compatible aftermarket dummy battery based on your camera model?
2019-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules