Failed to upload Operation The waypoint distance is too close"
5693 4 2019-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JAY48
lvl.2
Flight distance : 357438 ft
United States

Has anyone experienced this error while flying a linear mission? This is not a firmware issue for me. The remote, aircraft, and base station are all up to date. I encountered this issue multiple times yesterday. I am flying a Phantom 4 RTK with all units updated to firmware version 01.07.0116. I had setup 20 linear missions all with a with a flight band cutting distance of 1.6km. Once the general flight route created the multiple bands/legs of flight, I was able to begin flying. I was able to fly most of the bands/legs but there was always one from each flight that returned the error "Failed to upload Operation The waypoint distance is too close". I tried multiple resolutions including relocating the RTK base station and changing launch point with no luck. This issue caost me approximately 4 hours of troubleshooting before having to give up for the day. I cannot fly today due to weather but will be heading back out tomorrow. If anyone can please help it would be greatly appreciated. I am hoping to not finish more out of budget than I am already going to be on this project.
2019-4-16
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sounds like it may be akin to the base station coordinate >50m away issue... Maybe somewhere in DJIs coordinate reality check logic something is wonky and is causing these errors. As another user that has experienced costly delays or mission failures on a number of occasions with this system, I hope kt gets resolved soon, b/c otherwise the P4P RTK is only marginally better than a regular P4P. Much better when it works as advertised, but with no way to know when that will be the case it's just a P4P.
2019-4-17
Use props
OhneGurtKurt
lvl.1

Germany

patiam Posted at 2019-4-17 21:30
Sounds like it may be akin to the base station coordinate >50m away issue... Maybe somewhere in DJIs coordinate reality check logic something is wonky and is causing these errors. As another user that has experienced costly delays or mission failures on a number of occasions with this system, I hope kt gets resolved soon, b/c otherwise the P4P RTK is only marginally better than a regular P4P. Much better when it works as advertised, but with no way to know when that will be the case it's just a P4P.

WHY IS THERE NO RESPONSE HERE FROM DJI?????

I am having the same problem with the M300 and there is NILL information about the minimum waypoint distance in any manual whatsoever.

This is ridiculous-
2021-3-28
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

This thread is two years old.  It seems to me it's possible the first waypoint is too close to the launch point.  Or it could be one of your waypoints is too close to its adjacent waypoint.   Good luck
2021-3-31
Use props
David Armah
New

Ghana

An area size of less than 3 hectors failed to upload unto the RC with the error that the adjacent distance from point 7  and 8 should be less than 2000m as attached in this comment. Any solution to this problem please?
2023-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules