1069 8 2019-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chainmon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3268566 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does any else seem to think the RC on teh Mavic 2 pro does not hold a charge very long.
My Phantom RC would hold a charge for many many flight times.

THe Mavic 2 pro doesn't seem to give me nearly as much mileage.

Thoughts?

2019-4-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience that it caused. I would like to clarify if the problem is the RC charging time? Do you mean the RC will not get fully charge or the remote controller's battery drains quickly? Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.
2019-4-16
Use props
chainmon
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-16 11:11
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience that it caused. I would like to clarify if the problem is the RC charging time? Do you mean the RC will not get fully charge or the remote controller's battery drains quickly? Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.

the battery seems to drain much faster than my phantom 3 I love the bird but I am almost having to charge the RC every other flight-ish

2019-4-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

chainmon Posted at 4-16 13:07
the battery seems to drain much faster than my phantom 3 I love the bird but I am almost having to charge the RC every other flight-ish

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. May we know what is the firmware version of your aircraft and the RC? What was the environment's temperature during your operation on your drone? You may also provide the mobile device that you've used to monitor your drone. Thank you for your cooperation.
2019-4-16
Use props
chainmon
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-16 13:22
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. May we know what is the version of your aircraft and the RC? What was the environment's temperature during your operation on your drone? You may also provide the mobile device that you've used to monitor your drone. Thank you for your cooperation.

mavic 2 pro samsung note 8, 55 degrees no wind to speak of...
2019-4-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

chainmon Posted at 4-16 18:48

On Android the RC will also be charging your Phone,  perhaps this is causing more drain.   With iPhone XS Max I easily get 50 minutes of flying without needing to charge the RC.
2019-4-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

chainmon Posted at 4-16 18:47

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply.May we know how long does the battery last before the battery drains? You may consider the explanation from DAFys, that due to that Android devices keep on charging from the RC, the battery life, however, it should not affect the operating time of the RC severely. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.
2019-4-17
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes it sucks that it didn't have better battery.
2019-4-17
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I use an iPhone XS and after three back to back flights lasting over an hour with my M2P my RC has around 70% left - providing I have not set it to charge my mobile during flight. I think you may have a dud RC.
2019-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules