iPad Glare in sunlight
1999 21 2019-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
blmccar
lvl.2

United States

Hello,

I am new to drone flying but I am using an iPad Air 2. It is nearly impossible to see the screen with the least amount of sunlight. What is the solution people have come up with to solve this?

Thank you.
2019-4-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. For this certain situation, we have a Remote Controller Monitor Hood for Tablets and Smartphones that will shields phones from direct sunlight for a clearer view. These two types of hoods are compatible with Phantom 4 series and Phantom 3 Professional/Advanced/4K Inspire Series. You may check the link below for your reference. Thank you for continued support.

https://store.dji.com/product/in ... onitor-hood-tablets

https://store.dji.com/product/in ... or-hood-smartphones
2019-4-16
Use props
blmccar
lvl.2

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-16 12:14
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. For this certain situation, we have a Remote Controller Monitor Hood for Tablets and Smartphones that will shields phones from direct sunlight for a clearer view. These two types of hoods are compatible with Phantom 4 series and Phantom 3 Professional/Advanced/4K Inspire Series. You may check the link below for your reference. Thank you for continued support.

https://store.dji.com/product/inspire1-phantom-3-remote-controller-monitor-hood-tablets

Hello,

I actually tried that, didn't seem to help much. Going to try that and a matted glare screen. Do sunglasses help?
2019-4-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

blmccar Posted at 4-16 12:26
Hello,

I actually tried that, didn't seem to help much. Going to try that and a matted glare screen. Do sunglasses help?

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. The sunglasses may help you to monitor the drone while it's flying for as long as you maintain the VLOS. However, this may not help when monitoring the mobile device during the sunlight. We're hoping that you could get the best recommendation from our valued DJI Forum on where you could possibly purchase a mobile device shield that would eliminate glare on your mobile device. Please let us know if you have other concerns.
2019-4-16
Use props
blmccar
lvl.2

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-16 12:41
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. The sunglasses may help you to monitor the drone while it's flying for as long as you maintain the VLOS. However, this may not help when monitoring the mobile device during the sunlight. We're hoping that you could get the best recommendation from our valued DJI Forum on where you could possibly purchase a mobile device shield that would eliminate glare on your mobile device. Please let us know if you have other concerns.

Now the more that I think about it I was using a hood, but I was turned so that the sun was behind me which would eliminate the benefits of the hood. I did order a matted screen cover off of ebay, will see if that helps. Will also try turning so that the sun is to my side or in front of me. Will try flying into the sun so that I am facing the sun.
2019-4-17
Use props
T3rdEye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 221844 ft
United States

blmccar Posted at 4-17 07:03
Now the more that I think about it I was using a hood, but I was turned so that the sun was behind me which would eliminate the benefits of the hood. I did order a matted screen cover off of ebay, will see if that helps. Will also try turning so that the sun is to my side or in front of me. Will try flying into the sun so that I am facing the sun.

blmccar,
Please let us know how the matted screen works.  The hoods only seem to work well when shaded under a tree.
Flying into the sun does not bold well with your VLOS.  
There have been many people on here that have shown some creative ways to mask the screen.  Hopefully some will share with this thread.  
2019-4-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

blmccar Posted at 4-17 07:03

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. May you please always have a safe flight ahead. Cheers!
2019-4-17
Use props
blmccar
lvl.2

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-17 10:59
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. May you please always have a safe flight ahead. Cheers!

I will try the matted glare screen (when it arrives) plus the hood, turn to the side and see how it works. I probably will not stand under a tree because I like to fly in the open where there are no trees around.

Was a little surprised that there isn't a solution for this. Got my Phantom last August and assumed this issue was solved years ago. Thought I had it solved with the hood but not so.
2019-4-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

blmccar Posted at 4-18 07:54
I will try the matted glare screen (when it arrives) plus the hood, turn to the side and see how it works. I probably will not stand under a tree because I like to fly in the open where there are no trees around.

Was a little surprised that there isn't a solution for this. Got my Phantom last August and assumed this issue was solved years ago. Thought I had it solved with the hood but not so.

Hi, we're sorry for the troubles that it caused. No worries, we will consider your feedback as a suggestion to possibly provide a better hood that would help to eliminate further glare compared to what we're offering on our store. Thank you for continued support.
2019-4-18
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I use an anti glare screen but make sure you are aware they they do reduce the quality a little, best way around this is to get the DJI Goggles ;)
2019-4-18
Use props
Rvrrat14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 655932 ft
United States

I use an Air 2 as well.......I bought one of those high dollar foldable things.   Hard to touch screen.   I took a hard ‘folder’ and cut it in half.   I bent it just enough to go under the Ipad an RC Holder.   Works great.   Cost was MINIMAl.   I also learned that a glare proof screen protector is no good.   Just get a clear one.   Good Luck!  Drone On!
2019-4-19
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

Those sun shades are useless. The only way to go to actually be able to see your screen is a hoodman. They are a little pricey, but well worth the money in my opinion.https://www.amazon.com/Hoodman-D ... =gateway&sr=8-1
2019-4-19
Use props
slick848
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-18 11:19
Hi, we're sorry for the troubles that it caused. No worries, we will consider your feedback as a suggestion to possibly provide a better hood that would help to eliminate further glare compared to what we're offering on our store. Thank you for continued support.

I have the Phantom 3 and I have the same problem,i mean I cant see anything even with the hood,i have tried a lot of ways but none seem to work . Hope they come up with something,its a lot of money not to enjoy it.
2019-4-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

slick848 Posted at 4-21 07:48
I have the Phantom 3 and I have the same problem,i mean I cant see anything even with the hood,i have tried a lot of ways but none seem to work . Hope they come up with something,its a lot of money not to enjoy it.

Hi, we're sorry to know about that. No worries, we've forwarded the suggestion into our related team to see if we could offer a better shield for glare compared on what we're offering in our store. You may check our store if you have extra time for further updates and new release products. Thank you for continued support.
2019-4-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Try some sun screen? Haha

RedHotPoker
2019-4-21
Use props
slick848
lvl.1

United States

slick848 Posted at 4-21 07:48

Yes its sad to spend all that money and you cant use the machine,someone must let the company know about this problem or im afraid there might be less interest in buying the phantoms all together, I would like to be able to fly the drone more the 20 feet, I thought that's what they were for. Hope to hear something soon.
2019-5-23
Use props
slick848
lvl.1

United States

Bashy Posted at 4-18 18:20
I use an anti glare screen but make sure you are aware they they do reduce the quality a little, best way around this is to get the DJI Goggles ;)

I don't think you can get goggles for the Phantom 3
2019-5-23
Use props
slick848
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-16 12:14

https://store.dji.com/product/inspire1-phantom-3-remote-controller-monitor-hood-tablets

I have tried those and they don't work.
2019-5-23
Use props
slick848
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-18 11:19
Hi, we're sorry for the troubles that it caused. No worries, we will consider your feedback as a suggestion to possibly provide a better hood that would help to eliminate further glare compared to what we're offering on our store. Thank you for continued support.

As soon as they come up with something that may help watch the price,it will be so high no-one will buy it,its almost $100 for that other hood that you look down into,i can imagine what something new will cost oh well If you want to play you got to pay I guess.
2019-5-23
Use props
slick848
lvl.1

United States

Rvrrat14 Posted at 4-19 15:04
I use an Air 2 as well.......I bought one of those high dollar foldable things.   Hard to touch screen.   I took a hard ‘folder’ and cut it in half.   I bent it just enough to go under the Ipad an RC Holder.   Works great.   Cost was MINIMAl.   I also learned that a glare proof screen protector is no good.   Just get a clear one.   Good Luck!  Drone On!

Can you put a picture on here so we can see how you did it,it would be appreciated.
2019-5-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

slick848 Posted at 5-23 09:25
I have tried those and they don't work.

Hi, we're sorry to know that. You may consider other suggestion to lessen the glare that would hit directly to your mobile device screen. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience.
2019-5-23
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

slick848 Posted at 5-23 09:23
I don't think you can get goggles for the Phantom 3

really? not even with the HDMI module? thats  no good, shame cause they are great :/

HDMI says

The HDMI Output Module allows your Phantom 3 Professional/Advanced or Phantom 4 Pro/Advanced remote controller to output 720p live HD video stream to an HDMI device, such as a screen or goggles.
2019-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules