Car charger for remotes DJI 3 PRO
1133 14 2019-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
blmccar
lvl.2

United States

Hello,

Is it possible to use a car charger to charge your remote for a DJI Phantom 3 Professional?
2019-4-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, good day blmccar. Thank you for raising this concern to us. Yes, you can use the car charger to the Phantom 3 Pro as long as it is compatible. In addition, We do apologize but as of the moment we don't have any stocks of the car charger for Phantom 3 Pro in our store website, you may consider trying to check in other online stores. You may check the image below for the correct car charger for Phantom 3 Pro. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Have a good one!

2019-4-16
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Czechia

Yes absolutely ............. eBay is full of P3A / P3P car adaptors to charge not only batterys but Remote as well ...

Just put P3P car charger in the search ...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.htm ... harger&_sacat=0

Mine cost me about $15 incl shipping ... you can find even cheaper than that ...
2019-4-17
Use props
blmccar
lvl.2

United States

solentlife Posted at 4-17 01:23
Yes absolutely ............. eBay is full of P3A / P3P car adaptors to charge not only batterys but Remote as well ...

Just put P3P car charger in the search ...

I did see those. I am a little nervous buying something off of ebay that comes directly from China and plugging it into my sensitive electronics. I like the DJI brand or things sold at places like Best Buy. Have you seen anything like that?
2019-4-17
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Czechia

blmccar Posted at 4-17 07:06
I did see those. I am a little nervous buying something off of ebay that comes directly from China and plugging it into my sensitive electronics. I like the DJI brand or things sold at places like Best Buy. Have you seen anything like that?

Considering that the DJI you are so careful about is a Chinese product ......

In fact vast majority of electronics around the world regardless of brand label is Chinese ...
2019-4-17
Use props
blmccar
lvl.2

United States

solentlife Posted at 4-17 07:26
Considering that the DJI you are so careful about is a Chinese product ......

In fact vast majority of electronics around the world regardless of brand label is Chinese ...

Right, I considered that. Do these factories follow the same standards that they would follow if they had a deal with for example DJI or best buy? That is my only concern.
2019-4-17
Use props
blmccar
lvl.2

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-16 13:31
Hi, good day blmccar. Thank you for raising this concern to us. Yes, you can use the car charger to the Phantom 3 Pro as long as it is compatible. In addition, We do apologize but as of the moment we don't have any stocks of the car charger for Phantom 3 Pro in our store website, you may consider trying to check in other online stores. You may check the image below for the correct car charger for Phantom 3 Pro. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Have a good one!

[view_image]

Okay, I found this item. Is compatible with all phantom 3 models?
2019-4-17
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Czechia

blmccar Posted at 4-17 07:53

Link ?

As to compatibility .... it makes no difference except for P3S - there is no need for RC plug .. it only needs battery lead. But the dual lead P3A / P3P lead works fine with P3S batterys.
For P3A and P3P - you need the dual output battery and RC.
2019-4-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

blmccar Posted at 4-17 07:53

Hi, good day blmccar. Good to hear that you already found the item you are looking for. With the compatibility, yes it is compatible since the Car Chargers of Phantom Series have the battery charging port as well as the Remote Controller charging port, by which it can charge the Remote Controller, but the Remote Controller and battery are not recommended being charged at the same time. Should you have any other concerns please don't hesitate to reach us and we are more than happy to help you.
2019-4-17
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-16 13:31
Hi, good day blmccar. Thank you for raising this concern to us. Yes, you can use the car charger to the Phantom 3 Pro as long as it is compatible. In addition, We do apologize but as of the moment we don't have any stocks of the car charger for Phantom 3 Pro in our store website, you may consider trying to check in other online stores. You may check the image below for the correct car charger for Phantom 3 Pro. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Have a good one!

[view_image]

I need one of theses. Thanks for posting.  
2019-4-17
Use props
blmccar
lvl.2

United States

Sayhelloforme Posted at 4-17 20:08
I need one of theses. Thanks for posting.

I got one on ebay for $27 shipped.  Just a heads up, there are listings for Digipower car chargers that show a connection for the remote but I contacted a couple sellers and they checked and it is not included. I looked at that one because Best Buy once sold them.  I did get one for $10 anyway so that I can charge the battery and the remote separately at the same time.

The Chinese knock offs are probably okay, just a little paranoid about them.

That is what I love about buying older versions of technology used. You get it for 1/3 the price then you can buy the accessories used for about 1/10 - 1/20th of the price it was when this was the latest technology. Plan to upgrade to a phantom 4 when the 5 comes out .... but I will never part with my Phantom 3 Pro.
2019-4-18
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

blmccar Posted at 4-18 07:48
I got one on ebay for $27 shipped.  Just a heads up, there are listings for Digipower car chargers that show a connection for the remote but I contacted a couple sellers and they checked and it is not included. I looked at that one because Best Buy once sold them.  I did get one for $10 anyway so that I can charge the battery and the remote separately at the same time.

The Chinese knock offs are probably okay, just a little paranoid about them.

Great info. Thanks for the post.
2019-4-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Sayhelloforme Posted at 4-17 20:08
I need one of theses. Thanks for posting.

You're very much welcome. Should you have any other concerns please don't hesitate to reach us back. Have a good one!
2019-4-18
Use props
solentlife
First Officer

Just a comment .... what makes anyone think that Bestbuy are not just buying Chinese gear like everyone else ? Do people really believe that label and price denote quality today ???

Sorry DJI - but companys like DJI look for cheapest manufacturer who builds to their spec and label. Its same world over.

Remember that there are nought so gullible as 'Brand led' buyers ... and the fact that any shop has rental and staff costs on top of the items cost. So that $5 item online is same as the $10 item in the shop. The only advantage of course is that if it fails - you can go and strangle the sales person in the shop for replacement !!
2019-9-20
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft

Sayhelloforme Posted at 4-18 09:06
Great info. Thanks for the post.

Some people even carry a second, fully charged car battery, to recharge their digital devices and “toys”.

Aside from a small whisper quiet, gas or diesel powered generator. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2019-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules