Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I lost control over MV2 Pro during the flight
12Next >
4918 41 2019-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Enoh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 106483 ft

Serbia

Hello. I'm a user of Mavic 2 Pro drone and i am experiencing problems with losing connection between controller and the "bird", also between the controller and the app. I am using Samsung A5 phone with side connector on the controller.
However, the last time i did take off and go straight up to some 30m. Then i get him back lower to some 10m then try to go right. In that moment i realised that i can't stop the drone, i lost control over the MV2 and he continued to fly until he bumped in the wall. All the four propellers are broken, but the drone is in one peace with practically no scratch. I was lucky. But, from that day i am affraid to fly because i am not sure what is going to happened next. The firmware is up to date. This happened earlier but only in losing control and the drone was hovering or going home, depend of the settings. After some time he get connected again. But, for the first time the drone kept going and i couldn't stop it. I was lucky he was not to high, i can just imagine what could happened on the height of some 100m or above. Probably he would be lost. All this was to fast and i was very upset, so i didn't pay attention on the display to see what was disconnected.

So, maybe someone could help to resolve.
Thanks in advance.

2019-4-16
Use props
G_Sig
Captain
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Use this link to upload your flight record
from your Samsung device and then post back the link to it.
Log viewer.
2019-4-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. During the disconnection problem, I would like to ask what error message did you encounter on the application, "DISCONNECTED" or "Aircraft Disconnected"?  Apparently, the mobile device that you've mentioned is not yet part of our compatible list, therefore, we may encounter a connection problem while using it. However, I would like to ask if you've managed to connect your mobile device into the other port which is located underneath of your remote controller? Please note that if you will use the other port, ensure that the other cable which is on the left side is properly disconnected. I would recommend flying your drone in an open area wherein there are no interferences to avoid the connection matter between the aircraft and remote controller and the incident as well. For the mean-time, you may refer to our compatible devices that you may consider to be used to check if the connection between RC and the mobile device would occur. Kindly keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.

2019-4-16
Use props
dwin1977
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2730026 ft
  • >>>
United States

Compatible devices are key to smooth operation. I was sooo mad at DJI when a Huwei and a Samsung performed poorly until they very politely reminded me of the list. It was my bad. Tell you what. A very inexpensive and compatible device is the ipad Air 2.
2019-4-16
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Sorry to know that
2019-4-16
Use props
*DM*
First Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

Samsung Note 8 user. No issues (so far)
2019-4-16
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You'll find that Android devices tend to be less reliable than Apple on DJI drones, especially older devices. You may want to invest in an older iPhone (6 or above) or iPad mini 4 for better results.
2019-4-17
Use props
flying dragon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 480525 ft
Austria

*DM* Posted at 4-16 23:49
Samsung Note 8 user. No issues (so far)

Sorry for being off topic. Does DJI GO4 work on your Note 4 when you open the "camera view"?
2019-4-17
Use props
Corvus monedula
First Officer
Flight distance : 3550594 ft
Poland

Sounds like strong interference causing switch to ATTI mode.
2019-4-17
Use props
Enoh
lvl.3

Serbia

DJI Tony Posted at 4-16 14:07
Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. During the disconnection problem, I would like to ask what error message did you encounter on the application, "DISCONNECTED" or "Aircraft Disconnected"?  Apparently, the mobile device that you've mentioned is not yet part of our compatible list, therefore, we may encounter a connection problem while using it. However, I would like to ask if you've managed to connect your mobile device into the other port which is located underneath of your remote controller? Please note that if you will use the other port, ensure that the other cable which is on the left side is properly disconnected. I would recommend flying your drone in an open area wherein there are no interferences to avoid the connection matter between the aircraft and remote controller and the incident as well. For the mean-time, you may refer to our compatible devices that you may consider to be used to check if the connection between RC and the mobile device would occur. Kindly keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.

[view_image]

Thank you for your answer. I hope that this is the only problem. I will try with some compatible phone from the list. I'll inform you about the results.
2019-4-17
Use props
Enoh
lvl.3

Serbia

G_Sig Posted at 4-16 14:03
Use this link to upload your flight record
from your Samsung device and then post back the link to it.
Log viewer.

This should be the flight log.
Flight log
2019-4-17
Use props
Enoh
lvl.3

Serbia

Corvus monedula Posted at 4-17 02:14
Sounds like strong interference causing switch to ATTI mode.

I was flying on excatly the same place every time. I never had any problem.
The first time i have experienced the disconnecting problem was on some remote place far away from my home, and  there is no phone signal and this is near the border where you can easily get in the roaming. I thought this might be the problem, but after that day when i was back home it started to happend more often.
The first message i can remember was "Remote controller error" , also "Disconnected". Randomly it connects and disconnects. On the first place i thought it was me making with my hands the cable to disconnect, but when i left controller on the table with no touching, nothing have changed. He was disconnecting and connecting by itself.
Anyway, i will try to eliminate one by one thing, starting with another phone etc. so we will see what going to happend.  
2019-4-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Enoh Posted at 4-17 05:38
Flight log

There doesn’t seem to be anything wrong with your log, it shows you moving yaw stick up until end of log, speed was very slow, was there any wind effecting craft at the time could it have drifted into the wall .
2019-4-17
Use props
Enoh
lvl.3

Serbia

hallmark007 Posted at 4-17 06:03
There doesn’t seem to be anything wrong with your log, it shows you moving yaw stick up until end of log, speed was very slow, was there any wind effecting craft at the time could it have drifted into the wall .

No, there was no wind that day.
But, should the sensors react in the case if i was holding the stick all the time like log says?
The drone was in normal mode.
2019-4-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Enoh Posted at 4-17 06:28
But, should the sensors react in the case if i was holding the stick all the time like log says?

Yes sensors should react, provided there was enough light, also craft would need to be going forwards or backwards not sidewards .
2019-4-17
Use props
G_Sig
Captain
Iceland

Enoh Posted at 4-17 05:38
Flight log

Looks like your device got disconnected.
If this controller is anything like the MP controller you should not use the side port.
It is good for charging but not flying.
Use this advice to set up your Android device.
2019-4-17
Use props
Enoh
lvl.3

Serbia

G_Sig Posted at 4-17 07:49
Looks like your device got disconnected.
If this controller is anything like the MP controller you should not use the side port.
It is good for charging but not flying.

Thanks. Just need to ask, because i'm exploring this new world for me, what do you mean by MP controller? I got this controler with the craft.
2019-4-17
Use props
G_Sig
Captain
Iceland

Enoh Posted at 4-17 08:52
Thanks. Just need to ask, because i'm exploring this new world for me, what do you mean by MP controller? I got this controler with the craft.

MP = Mavic Pro not sure if the Mavic Pro 2 controller has the same port.
I always use the middle port on MP1 controller. The side port is sometimes disconnecting
so I just use it for charging.  
2019-4-17
Use props
Mikem691
Captain
Flight distance : 247474 ft
United States

MP is mavic pro ooops i type too slow.
2019-4-17
Use props
Enoh
lvl.3

Serbia

G_Sig Posted at 4-17 09:11
MP = Mavic Pro not sure if the Mavic Pro 2 controller has the same port.
I always use the middle port on MP1 controller. The side port is sometimes disconnecting
so I just use it for charging.

Sure i will connect to the middle USB port and try to eliminate that. Thank you for your answers.
2019-4-17
Use props
CatoMik
lvl.1

Norway

Enoh Posted at 4-17 09:49
Sure i will connect to the middle USB port and try to eliminate that. Thank you for your answers.

I have had the same problem. But discovered it only happened in poor mobile phone coverage areas.
No 4G and poor 3G coverage. When I turned my phone in flight mode, everything worked again.
I know this sounds impossible, but it is what it is.....
Maybe the controller needs to send receive something over the internet with the app on the phone.
If there is coverage, everything is ok. When there is no coverage, everything is ok.
But when there is bad coverage, the controller tries to establish the connection and get stuck in this failure of establishment.
So for me the solution is to always set the mobile in flight mode.
2019-4-17
Use props
Enoh
lvl.3

Serbia

CatoMik Posted at 4-17 10:29
I have had the same problem. But discovered it only happened in poor mobile phone coverage areas.
No 4G and poor 3G coverage. When I turned my phone in flight mode, everything worked again.

It makes sense, because the first time i had a problem it was in badly covered area, near the state border. SInce then i was thinking of turning the phone in flight mode. And i don't know does it matters, but that was like some trigger, cause since then it started to happened at my home place.
2019-4-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Enoh Posted at 4-17 05:25
Thank you for your answer. I hope that this is the only problem. I will try with some compatible phone from the list. I'll inform you about the results.

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. Please keep us posted on the latest progress on this situation. Thank you for understanding and cooperation.
2019-4-17
Use props
Neo Supreme
First Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

CatoMik Posted at 4-17 10:29
I have had the same problem. But discovered it only happened in poor mobile phone coverage areas.

Interesting.  I'll keep that in mind going forward.  Cheers for the share!!!
2019-4-17
Use props
Kingram
First Officer
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

Use the bottom port only , only use side port to charge the controller.
2019-4-17
Use props
Enoh
lvl.3

Serbia

Ok, i have tried a Samsung S7 and it's functioning, but only on the side port, i couldn't connect to the bottom (middle) port. There was no disconnection.
But, another thing is the problem. Something happpened with the gimgal. There is a strange sound inside when i start the motors just a couple of seconds, and i had an overload of the gimbal motor. So it looks like the propellers are not the only damage.
2019-4-18
Use props
Enoh
lvl.3

Serbia

So, i had a crash with the drone, after loosing connection between the controller and the drone. As a consequence i have broken propellers and a strange sound, something like squealing, in the part where i assume the gimbal motor is. Gimbal is working, moving in the all directions, but some overload on the motor happens once or twice, maybe when i was manually tried to move the gimbal.
I can hear the squealing when i start the propellers for about 4-5 seconds, but when i shut down the propellers and start them again there is no sound.
My question is, can i ask for anything because i have a warranty? What do you suggest, or maybe someone from Dji can help?
Thanks in advance.
2019-4-21
Use props
Headcase81
lvl.4
Flight distance : 665965 ft
Denmark

Definitely send it back, mine crashed in a similar fashion, by assessment they found the problem to be a faulty remote, and I had both ac and rc exchanged on warranty. Chin up, ship off
2019-4-27
Use props
rwynant V1
Captain
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hopefully,  there is an issue found.......taking off BEFORE the home point is recorded is not good.  Taking off with a 39% battery is NOT PROPER PROCEDURE.

The system has NO CLUE as to where your battery is regarding available power ....... taking off at 39%.

Good luck with the DJI review..... I absolutely believe the system should have better POWER awareness.....not the first time...

Randy
2019-4-27
Use props
MikeMavic2
New
Flight distance : 147628 ft
United States

I've had this problem.  I would first check the USB connector to the Samsung A5 Phone.  I often swap between my iPhone and older Samsung phones, and notice the iOS Lightning connector easily connects solid every time, but have great difficulty fully connecting USB micro B to the Samsung phone.  It seems to bind, or not be perfectly aligned, so I look at a shallow angle at the connector, and see it is making connection, but is not pushed in all the way, some silver metal of the connector is still showing.  For what ever reason, the lightning connector doesn't jam up like the Samsung does.  Just double check that the connector is all the way in.
2019-4-27
Use props
Enoh
lvl.3

Serbia

rwynant V1 Posted at 4-27 17:11
Hopefully,  there is an issue found.......taking off BEFORE the home point is recorded is not good.  Taking off with a 39% battery is NOT PROPER PROCEDURE.

The system has NO CLUE as to where your battery is regarding available power ....... taking off at 39%.

I have drained the battery on the ground, before the flight, when i was trying to find the clue about the losing connection between the controller and the drone. Wouldn't that be the same as i was flying on two different locations. On the first location you drained the battery to 39%,  then you go to another location and there go fly the drone again til the battery warning? I am just wondering.
I understand where i made a mistake. But, because of all of that i should have problem with landing and bad calculation of the system how much battery i have. Why should i lost the connection between the controler and the drone and had a crash? I simply couldn't do anything to stop the drone hitting the wall.
Can't find the relation between all this? What can be an explanation?
2019-4-30
Use props
rwynant V1
Captain
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

All the "systems" in the AC need power.

If the system is low on power, then it is possible the flight control system is not operating correctly.  I have NO proof of this......other than this happens many times across the DJI line of AC.

This is WHY it is stated to ONLY take off with a full battery.  Iv'e said it before........39% reported....the actual cell voltages can be 3.4 or less which is really closer to 10% or under......

Randy
2019-4-30
Use props
NightThunder
First Officer
Flight distance : 106020 ft
United States

Enoh Posted at 4-17 06:28

In most modes the side sensors are turned off. Wish DJI would make all sensors active for all modes of flight.
2019-5-1
Use props
Enoh
lvl.3

Serbia

Hello, just one update on my case.
I sent the drone to the DJI and on my great joy they have accepted everything and fixed the drone under waranty.
So now i am expecting for the bird to come home.
Thanks everybody who joined this discussion and give me help.
So, i expect to share with you some nice footage in the future.
Cheers!
2019-7-20
Use props
S.J
Captain
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

A J Posted at 4-17 00:04
You'll find that Android devices tend to be less reliable than Apple on DJI drones, especially older devices. You may want to invest in an older iPhone (6 or above) or iPad mini 4 for better results.

Sorry , but i disagree.... All the break ups are happening from a iphone .
2019-8-11
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

S.J Posted at 8-11 00:16
Sorry , but i disagree.... All the break ups are happening from a iphone .

Then there must be something wrong with your phone as I have never had break ups using an iPhone with all twelve of my DJI drones in three years... It even states on the box "made for iPhone". Agree or not it is a renowned fact in the drone industry that iOS devices work more efficiently with DJI drones than Android.
2019-8-11
Use props
kovat53
Captain
Flight distance : 324521 ft
Hungary

A J Posted at 8-11 01:22
Then there must be something wrong with your phone as I have never had break ups using an iPhone with all twelve of my DJI drones in three years... It even states on the box "made for iPhone". Agree or not it is a renowned fact in the drone industry that iOS devices work more efficiently with DJI drones than Android.

Fact, DJI treats IOS more acceptable, than Android. I have used always Android from the compatibility list, from Samsung brand S5 - Spark, S7 Edge - Mavic Air, S9+ - Mavic 2 Pro & sometimes Huawei Mate 8", and honestly I have never had  any connection problem with Mavic 2, Formerly I used Spark, Mavic Air, it's another story. Spark IMO was a nice machine with lots of connection problem, Mavic Air was almost OK, except if I flow a bit away. Mavic 2 Pro  fulfills all of my needs. I am absolutely hobbyist, so fly and capture for joy. Would be fine if Dji considered Android a bit more, but we all know there are so much different producer, smart phones and OS variants. So for Android users there is only one possibility, to choose form the given compatibility list.
2019-8-11
Use props
David Martin Graff
Captain
Flight distance : 84805085 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try and sign up for a DJI drone flying class, bring your Mavic and let the instructor test out your drone and show him what you mean with regards to what you explained here on the post. That should probably point you in the right direction. Hope this helps..
2019-8-11
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kovat53 Posted at 8-11 03:13
Fact, DJI treats IOS more acceptable, than Android. I have used always Android from the compatibility list, from Samsung brand S5 - Spark, S7 Edge - Mavic Air, S9+ - Mavic 2 Pro & sometimes Huawei Mate 8", and honestly I have never had  any connection problem with Mavic 2, Formerly I used Spark, Mavic Air, it's another story. Spark IMO was a nice machine with lots of connection problem, Mavic Air was almost OK, except if I flow a bit away. Mavic 2 Pro  fulfills all of my needs. I am absolutely hobbyist, so fly and capture for joy. Would be fine if Dji considered Android a bit more, but we all know there are so much different producer, smart phones and OS variants. So for Android users there is only one possibility, to choose form the given compatibility list.

As I said, I've never had any connection problems with any of my drones using iPhones - which is my point.
2019-8-11
Use props
kovat53
Captain
Flight distance : 324521 ft
Hungary

A J Posted at 8-11 03:42
As I said, I've never had any connection problems with any of my drones using iPhones - which is my point.

And I accept it of course
2019-8-11
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules