fans50f51201
lvl.1
Australia

Are DJI doing anything about this
2019-4-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The Gimble Motor Overload might be encountered on the application if the drone experiences any incident or we haven't managed to remove the gimbal clamp upon turning on the aircraft. However, if the drone did not experience any collision or if the error message prompt in normal use, we would recommend doing troubleshooting steps such as gimbal calibration and firmware update to possibly rectify the situation. And if the situation would remain, we highly recommend sending the unit into our facility for further evaluation. Any problem encountered with the aircraft can be a case to case basis. Please let us know if you have other concerns. Thank you for continued support.
2019-4-16
Use props
Nottoc
lvl.1

United States

DJI today I attempted to fly taking off from a low cut grass area. I got a gimbal motor overload. I shut down and both aircraft and the controller.
2019-4-17
Use props
Nottoc
lvl.1

United States

DJI today I attempted to fly taking off from a low cut grass area. I got a gimbal motor overload. I shut down and both aircraft and the controller. I Reset the drone on a different surface and attempted to take off, while it did take off the ground, i was unable to fly neither upward nor forward. it was locked in a hovering position. Any advice?
2019-4-17
Use props
jwt-873
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

Are you removing the clear plastic dome that covers the gimbal?    If you don't, you will get the overload message.   

As DJI Tony points out..  if you are removing the cover and the gimbal is free and clear when you get the error, and if doing a gimbal calibration doesn't fix it, then something is wrong with your Mavic 2 and you need to get it repaired.

2019-4-18
Use props
terrence9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 156293 ft
United States

Yeah sounds like to me he trying to fly with the gimbal protector on.
2019-4-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Nottoc Posted at 4-17 12:14
DJI today I attempted to fly taking off from a low cut grass area. I got a gimbal motor overload. I shut down and both aircraft and the controller. I Reset the drone on a different surface and attempted to take off, while it did take off the ground, i was unable to fly neither upward nor forward. it was locked in a hovering position. Any advice?

Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. I would like to ask if you've managed to remove the gimbal clamp prior to your flight? Please ensure that the gimbal can move freely in order to do the self-checking upon turning on the drone. Did your drone experience any incident? Have you tried to perform a gimbal calibration? Please keep us posted on the latest progress for further help.
2019-4-18
Use props
marktottymy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 91860 ft
United States

One other thing to check for on the gimbal body is pieces of clear plastic tape that I didn't notice for awhile after purchase, a piece on the pitch motor was actually interfering very slightly with the movement...
2019-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules